Graham Potter - The Official Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Graham Potter - The Official Thread

The man has been closely involved in the careers of Ghoddos and Jahanbakhsh. Feel free to discuss anything about him in here. Largely, the thread has been made to soak up the constant dialogue that seems to arise between myself amd my good friend below.

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
    I would not get too excited about "Potterball". The current "good form" (if you can call it that) has been mostly against bottom dwellers, with a bit of luck. The four wins have been against teams that have a combined record of 8-12-24 !!!!! Lets be honest, the team sucks. It lacks quality players in most positions. The only reason it is in mid-table is a bit of luck in getting an early easy draw and that EPL bottom rungs suck even more.

I would be surprised if they avoid relegation. But then again, the bottom of EPL may suck even more than Potterball, so may be there is a bit of hope.
    The reality is a bit different. CH was fired, because of the results. Whatever the results were, they were just as good as now.

Potter came in and had the good fortune of an easy draw for the first 10 games or so. They did ok. Nothing to get excited about, but mid-table results, albeit against a week competition at the beginning. Coupled with the increased passing, the moronic management got all excited and thought they had the second-coming of Jesus and extended his contract long-term.

Then reality hit in the form of having to play the rest of the league, and they were back right where they belong, fighting relegation. With or without JB, they just do not have the players or the coach to do any better. That's the reality.

A re-building effort is usually when you lose a lot of players and have to bring a new batch to mold and form. When you bring in a new coach, without too much player loss, the expectation is always to get better results (see Arsenal situation with Wenger and Emery). The expectation is not to repeat the same results and hope for a better day later. That day will may never come, which was the case with Emery, and most probably will be the case with Potter.

Watching BHA this season makes it clear that Potter was never an EPL caliber coach. I don't even think he is a Championship caliber coach. He should probably go back to Sweden's third division and hope that he gets lucky again.
    Here is my prediction for Pothead. Will be fired by late 20-21 season, for being at the same place he is now, and CH was; i.e. fighting relegation. He just does not have the technical or tactical acumen, player selection, etc. and he is too stubborn to learn.
    Yes, he may finish with a few more point. That is true. How many more? Will see. He is lucky that the remaining games are completely meaningless for the opposing teams, but he is still in danger of relegation. Even then, it is a marginal improvement, nothing to get excited about.

Yes, I am going to ignore the "style". Funny thing, in league play, they do not award points for style. Only for results.
    As I said it is fascinating the length you all go to explain away his piss poor results. If he had actually achieved something, you did not need 5 paragraphs to explain. All you had to do was write a couple of lines about what he achieved.

The best he finished in the Swedish top league was a 5th and 8th. The best he did in the championship was 10th. His results this year are barely better than last year.
    At least wait until he achieves something before singing his praises!!!

You know in football, results matter. It’s not a fashion show where u get points for style or promise.
    Over 2 years now of continued claims that Potter is incompetent with every run of bad form met with 'HAH I told you so! Just call me a genius' and every good run brushed over with 'it's a lucky run of fixtures'. At what point will this madness end?

Some further evidence that is not quoteable unfortunately:

http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...=1#post2708829

http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...=1#post2717821

http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...=1#post2718875

http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...=1#post2721748

Comment

Comment

^^ Are you trying to prove me right?!!! When due to a scheduling fluke in 2019-2020 they were mid-table, and you and the rest of the Potter fan boys were jumping up and down, I predicted that they will finish near relegation. They did. That's a fact. Not up for discussion.

When in 20-21 season, you were shaking your pom poms for him again, they went something like 10-20 games without a home win and finished 16th, near relegation again, as I predicted. That's a fact. Not up for discussion.

The previous coach who was fired because of poor results, had finished 15th in his very first season at EPL with BHA. he had also promoted them. Normal people would argue that you need to do better than the guy who was fired!!

The fact that he has not been fired yet, has more to do with his PR firm than his results, and money laundering factors. Because his results are piss-poor.

You know there is this thing called Google. Search for Potter's results. Here I did it for you!!

Best finish in Swedish first div.....5th, 8th

Best finish in Engl 2nd div...........10th (and this with a team that was in EPL the previous year. The next coach did significantly better, finishing 6th and then 4th)

Best finish in EPL.......................15th, 16th (same as the previous guy who was fired for poor results!!)

There can be no dispute that his results are third rate at best. That is a fact. Not up for discussion!!!

He has had two years now and more of the same. Most coaches do not last a year with these results.

Now if I were you, instead of fighting facts, I would come hat in hand to ask me what is it that I know and you are missing? What is it that I knew two years ago? That is the question you need to ask. Fighting established facts that are found on every website will not get you anywhere.

History will not change even if you shake your pom poms harder.
        Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

so far, 14 games and 7 of them have been draws the master of draws is doing it again this season! also 4 wins 3 losses.
          he tops premier league in draws together with newcastle and crystal palace.
          anyway, wouldnt mind potter for tm just so he can bench poor arj again (just joking)
          going to be interesting season to follow him, will they drop to relegationbattle again or will they be mid table? guess it depends on if they go get a good attacker/com player in the winter transfer market.
          what yall think about Ghoddos to BHA? I think he could fit in ok and get it going, think he would fit better here than on brentford bench?

potter realy liked ghoddos in ostersund and he played well with him as a coach, reunon time?
          Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Well Potter just broke another BHA record!!! 10 games in the top division without a win. Last time BHA did that was in the 1930's.

And the recent two draws (and the win against LC) are really courtesy of the referees. The game just concluded had 10 minutes of added time, and BHA scored in minute 98 !! The game against WH had a perfectly good goal by WH ruled out. Even the commentators were baffled!! The game against LC had 2 perfectly good goals by LC ruled out. It looks like the referees are really trying to push BHA and Potter up the ladder, but he is just too incompetent to cooperate.

You have to admit though, Potter has a really good PR team. Hire them for Mayeli-kohan and he will get the Spain national team job.

Comment

aaaand another one!

Graham "X" Potter

this should alwayz be played at the stadium as long as he is coaching BHA!
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nc_gOJwkk0
              Supporting Team Melli

Comment

The professor has spoken!

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                  The fans do not understand that knocking the ball around is more important than actually winning games. Those idiots!!

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                    Not eaven Potter likes bha fans
                    Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
                      Not eaven Potter likes bha fans
                      A pompous incompetent coach for a pompous ignorant fan-base. A match made in heaven!!

Comment

Nisfejahan I really enjoyed your article you wrote about Potter for the BBC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60031420

Comment

This thread is hilarious. He's by far the best and most modern/progressive English manager in the world right now. He will be managing a top 4 EPL team within 2 years.

Comment

^ yes but thats like saying he is the englishman with the nicest teeth..

just joking-ish
                            Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Weghorst, a bum who owes his career to Jahanbakhsh’s assists, puts burnley ahead of fajre potter fc.

Comment

Working...
                              X