No announcement yet.

2019 Women's World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watched the last 45 minutes of Norway - Australia and was impressed by the speed and attacking football displayed by both teams and in particular Norway. Good game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The England-Cameroon game once again showed the difference in level. And to top it off after getting their asses handed to them the African team played the race card. They spat on players, stepped on their ankles, elbowed players in the face and even assaulted the ref. Thankfully they are eliminated and we won't have to hear about their vicious antics for at least another 4 years.

I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

It's a shame that Fatma Samoura was blinded to the savagery of this team.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/fifa-wom...ainst-cameroon

The head of women's soccer in Africa wants Cameroon to face punishment for the conduct of players in their Women's World Cup loss to England.

The Cameroon team rebelled against three officiating decisions in a 3-0 loss to England in the round of 16 on Sunday. After the game, Cameroon manager Alain Djeumfa accused officials of a "miscarriage of justice."

Isha Johansen, who sits on the Confederation of African Football executive committee and is president of the women's soccer body, says she is "proud of our African female teams" in the tournament.

But Johansen believes the game "reflected badly not only on African women's football but African football on the whole" and wants punishments imposed.

"It is an issue which will be addressed and dealt with at the appropriate levels of governance," she added on Monday.

According to the official from Sierra Leone, the CAF should take action even if FIFA doesn't pursue a case against the Cameroon team.

As Cameroon players seethed and wept at times on the field, there was at least one high-profile advocate of their behavior: the head of the FIFA administration.

FIFA secretary general Fatma Samoura tweeted that the Cameroon players "inspired many young girls,'' with "passionate and talented play on the field that made your fans proud and your country is proud of you.''

The view from the Confederation of African Football was very different. But Samoura endorsed the conduct of players who openly undermined the authority of referee Quin Liang by forcing delays to restarts as they huddled to protest against England goals.

The loss was marked by three decisions that Cameroon felt were unjust, with two involving the video assistant referee (VAR). The first incident was a call by Liang to award England an indirect free kick for a back pass in the 13th minute that led to Steph Houghton's opening goal.

Ellen White gave England a 2-0 lead in the fourth minute of first-half stoppage time with a goal awarded after an offside call was correctly overruled by the VAR. Cameroon vehemently protested the call, having seen it replayed on the video screen.

Rather than immediately restarting play after the goal, the Cameroon players all gathered together in a huddle and spoke to each other for a few minutes before finally taking the kickoff.

Cameroon players were angered again at the start of the second half when Ajara Nchout's goal was denied because of another VAR review for offside. Cameroon's players came to the touchline and were visibly upset at the call, and play was temporarily halted again.
        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Below is taken from
          https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/wor...quarterfinals/

The 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup kicked off in France on June 7, and the quarterfinals of the tournament start Thursday. Only eight teams remain vying for the trophy, and some of the usual big names are left in the bracket. The United States women's national team entered as the reigning champs and the favorites to win it all again in 2019. The U.S. won its group with ease and survived a scare against Spain in the round of 16. Now, the Americans face their biggest test yet in the cup's most-anticipated game to date.

The U.S. faces France in Paris on Friday with a spot in the semifinals on the line. The Americans enter that game as favorites, and, despite the tough road to the title game, Jill Ellis' team remains the heavy favorite to win the 2019 World Cup.

Westgate released updated odds for the World Cup winner ahead of the quarterfinal stage, with the Americans leading the pack as an even favorite to lift the trophy. The USWNT is ahead of other heavyweights like France, England and Germany in the European-heavy field. Below are the odds from Westgate to win the 2019 Women's World Cup as we enter the quarterfinals. Every World Cup match can be streamed on fuboTV (try for free).

Who wins every Women's World Cup match? Visit SportsLine now to see picks from European expert David Sumpter, the math professor whose model is up 2,000 percent on international soccer.

2019 Women's World Cup odds
          WORLD CUP TEAM ODDS
          United States 1/1

France 5/1

Germany 6/1

England 9/1

Netherlands 10/1

Italy 20/1

Sweden 25/1

Norway 30/1
          sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Thankfully FIFA is looking into the savagery shown by the Cameroon squad. Hopefully they will face a lengthy ban in order to protect players from other countries.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/fifa-wom...ainst-cameroon

FIFA opened disciplinary proceedings against Cameroon after their 3-0 loss to England in the round of 16 of the Women's World Cup on Sunday, during which members of the team became upset following two VAR decisions.

Several Cameroon players remonstrated with the referee and for a long time refused to restart the match after England's second goal was ruled offside and then allowed after a VAR review.

Cameroon then thought they had pulled a goal back early in the second half, but VAR again ruled against them for a marginal offside -- sparking more chaotic scenes.

Cameroon defender Augustine Ejangue also spat on the arm of England forward Toni Duggan.

The FIFA proceedings against the Cameroonian Football Association cover "alleged breaches related to article 52 (team misconduct) and article 57 (offensive behaviour and fair play) of the FIFA Disciplinary Code," world soccer's governing body said in a statement on Wednesday.

Cameroon coach Alain Djeumfa pointed the finger at the referee, calling the defeat a "miscarriage of justice."

England manager Phil Neville heavily criticised the behaviour of Cameroon after the contest, which involved strong challenges throughout including one very hard tackle on England's Steph Houghton.

"I am completely and utterly ashamed of the opposition," the former Manchester United player said. "If that was my team -- and it will never be any of my players -- they would never play for England again."

Comment

7 out of the 8 quarter-finalists are European.

Comment

Originally posted by GoIran View Post
                7 out of the 8 quarter-finalists are European.
                Technically yes.

Comment

The officiating has been somewhat poor, specially with respect to awarding penalty kicks, and a few offside calls.
                  sigpic

Comment

Jill Ellis looks like Brandi Chastain.
                    The US just scored their second goal. If this result holds only CONCACAF and Europeans will remain in the tournament.

Comment

A player named Griedge Mbock Bathy wearing a French jersey is on the field.

Comment

The US won 2-1 and advanced to the semifinals. This player wearing a French jersey scored against them:

Comment

USWNT scored a third goal which was called offside, but if you look closely, it was not.

https://mobile.twitter.com/FOXSoccer...783424/photo/1
                          sigpic

Comment

Sweden upset Germany. The first real upset in this tournament and well deserved too. Congrats to Sweden.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                              The US won 2-1 and advanced to the semifinals. This player wearing a French jersey scored against them:

okay kc. i understand you have a son. i am assuming he was born in the united states. i'm sure he considers himself an iranian-american. after all, he's lived in america his whole life. now understand the situation of the player. she lived in france. she thinks talks and feels french. just because her physical features are the exact opposite as the typical french woman, it doesn't mean she isn't french. so, what if someone makes fun of your son for being an iranian who talks like an american? prejudice is something us iranians who live abroad are used to. don't feed into that negativity.

Comment

Originally posted by kian_khosh View Post
                                okay kc. i understand you have a son. i am assuming he was born in the united states. i'm sure he considers himself an iranian-american. after all, he's lived in america his whole life. now understand the situation of the player. she lived in france. she thinks talks and feels french. just because her physical features are the exact opposite as the typical french woman, it doesn't mean she isn't french. so, what if someone makes fun of your son for being an iranian who talks like an american? prejudice is something us iranians who live abroad are used to. don't feed into that negativity.
                                What I wrote had nothing to do with her physical features.
                                My son would be thrilled if someone called him that as he is aware of what he is. He is already mapping out how he can make it to TM.

Comment

Working...
                                X