Iranians in MMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iranians in MMA

Don't know what happened to the other MMA thread. Anyway, here is an update on the Beast, Amir Aliakbari.

Amir Aliakbari (2-0) fights Christian Colombo (8-1) on March 12th at Real FC 4 in Tokyo

Two Iran-born fighters fighting this Saturday on the Anderson vs. Bisping card.

Gegard Mousassi vs. Leites

Makwan Amirkhani vs. Wilkinson

Hate the fact that Amirkhani reps Kurdistan so hard, says nothing about Iran. Seriously, just irks me. But whatever, Iran is for Iranians - we don't need anyone outside that.

Mousasi speaking Farsi - he seems like a cool guy.

Last edited by Tehranto; 02-24-2016, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Reza Madadi will fight Yan Cabral on May 8th's UFC Fight Night 87
      --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
      --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
      ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
      --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
      ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
        Reza Madadi will fight Yan Cabral on May 8th's UFC Fight Night 87
        Madadi has to win or he will probably be released.

Aliakbari's fight is a good one. Colombo is a pure stand up guy that lost to Ilir Latifi who is now in UFC (was counted as an armature fight for some reason). This fight is the semifinal in the Tournament. If he wins this and the final, my guess is that the UFC will immediately sign him.
        "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
          Two Iran-born fighters fighting this Saturday on the Anderson vs. Bisping card.

Gegard Mousassi vs. Leites

Makwan Amirkhani vs. Wilkinson

Hate the fact that Amirkhani reps Kurdistan so hard, says nothing about Iran. Seriously, just irks me. But whatever, Iran is for Iranians - we don't need anyone outside that.

Mousasi speaking Farsi - he seems like a cool guy.

screw him and beniel dariush too....dariush is assyrian and born in iran but he only displays assyrian and american flag even though in UFC when they show his figures, they have an Iran flag next to him.

honestly i dont get the deal with kids denying their Iranian heritage as if our country is scum of earth with nothing but bad evil people or whatever insecurity is in their heads. There are many examples of kids like this outside Iran, from jews, armenians, assyrians to kurds. When its convenient for them they will rep Iran but if there is nothing they like to deny it.

Comment

Mousasi is a great guy. Been a fan of his for a long time. Tremendous fighter. The only thing he lacked was aggression.
            "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

Beniel Dariush does not deny his Iranian heritage, watch this interview:

Skip to 6:05

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                Beniel Dariush does not deny his Iranian heritage, watch this interview:
                Skip to 6:05
                Thats cool to see.....i guess that one fight of his i saw was misleading cuz he was talking about assyrians and americans etc

p.s. the reporter wants some kabob

Comment

Her attitude is very attractive.

Comment

How does a guy from such a small village make it to America?

Comment

What a joke this Makwan Amirkhani is - it says he was born in KERMANSHAH, Kurdistan (on his fight card when he's walking out)! WTF! Kermanshah is in IRAN (birthplace of my father too) and Kurdistan is not a country.

He's on right now - hope he gets his ass kicked.
                      Last edited by Tehranto; 02-27-2016, 02:37 PM.

Comment

The punk won

Comment

Says Gegard Mousasi born in Tehran, Iran.

Go get him Gegard!

Comment

These "Iranians" don't deserve our support with fake country's that they make up and fake flags that they carry on them or their sleeves. I'm not saying walking out with the IR Iran flag but this is just ridiculous.
                            --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                            --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                            ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                            --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                            ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
                              These "Iranians" don't deserve our support with fake country's that they make up and fake flags that they carry on them or their sleeves. I'm not saying walking out with the IR Iran flag but this is just ridiculous.
                              It's one thing to rep your ethnicity, fine. I'm Canadian (been here most of my life) but 100% I would rep my ethnicity of Iran.

But what irks me is that on the fight card, Amirkhani said he is from Kermanshah, KURDISTAN. At least our Christian-Iranian fighters, Beniel Dariush and Gegard Mousasi say they were born there.

I think Amirkhani's dad even died in the Iran-Iraq war. His family fought for Iran and he can't even say he's born there. Scum.

Honestly, nothing pisses me off more than seperatism and now I'm seeing that Kurdish seperatism is probably the worst.

Comment

Working...
                              X