Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official College Football Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Amir H F
    replied
    Originally posted by MoJo23 View Post
    baba, obviously Michigan!
    Welcome back my fellow Michigan fella!

    Thanks Bro! All the real fans of college football know who is THE BIG BLUE!

    Leave a comment:


  • ShahHouman
    replied
    like i said, im not usin excuses,but u really do gotta wonder about that u kno? after the game i jokingly asked "so when's the return leg of thsi matchup", give us a national championship game in cleveland and see how it goes.....

    Leave a comment:


  • Amir H F
    replied
    Originally posted by persianbruin View Post
    Amir,BCS is not failing us. The humans are. The coaches and AP voters gotta realize the BIG 10 conference is a very weak conference these days and its not in the same level of SEC, PAC 10 or eve Big 12. They should NOT vote Ohio st. as the #1 team. They havent been tested, not this year, not last year. Why?? Because the Big 10 sucks!!!!!
    Look at what OSU and Mich did last year in the BCS. Look at what OSU and illinois did this year. Its just pathetic. They have lost 4 BCS games by an avg of nearly 22 points a game. Thank god for me USC has been the team penalized both years. They would have smoked LSU this year. Hopefully they will come up with a playoff system

    Aziz I agree with you, but keep in mind these 'humans' are part of this 'BCS'. And as much as I hate to say it as a Michigan fan you are right, the Big Ten is not up there with those three conferences anymore it seems.



    Originally posted by ShahHouman
    u kno, u just hav to wonder how they kept talkin bout LSU bein the preseason favorites, then somehow w/ 2 losses they jump to #2 in the final BCS standings to play what was virtually a home game, im sorry but u just gotta wonder bout somethin there ($$$$$$$$)

    Sure made me wonder, and so much for neutral ground in a national championship!

    Leave a comment:


  • ShahHouman
    replied
    Originally posted by persianbruin View Post
    if it means anything, at least I voted for you in the hunk contest about 5 minutes b4 the polls closed.

    joonam! lol

    so im back in columbus, 30min of airplane sleep total last night and im exhausted, but on my flight back i sat next to our 2002 quarterback craig krenzel and behind me was our quarterback in the 98 rose bowl stanley jackson

    anyways, no love whatsoever for us from the media, we lost, sure, but was it a blowoutout or domination? im sorry but i dont think so

    looking to next season, we'll hav most of our team back and probably be damn gooz, unfortunately we could even end up undefeated and not get invited back to the national champinoship because of the last 2


    im tired, im giong to bed

    Leave a comment:


  • persianbruin
    replied
    if it means anything, at least I voted for you in the hunk contest about 5 minutes b4 the polls closed.

    Leave a comment:


  • ShahHouman
    replied
    im here, in the hotel in Nawlins, got a flight to catch so i'll make it quick, i'll post more when im columbus

    first, new orleans is a pure shithole, my brother and i almost got mugged by a group of like 7 niggas, it's just prue trash anywhere u go, this place is a pure dump and makes detroit look like beverly hills

    second, LSU fans are pure jerks, eeeeeeverybody wanted to get into a fight, it was crazy, sure i expect shit talkin and all that blah blah but nah, i've been around many college ftball fans and i gotta say withFlorida last yr and LSU this yr i can say there fans are some straight up jerks

    now, the game, we hung in there for most of the game, sure LSU had 24 unanswered points at one time and i dont think we played as well as we could hav, but to say we dont deserve to be there isnt true, our "soft" schedule was written 5yrs ago when those "weak" teams were winning (akron was champs of their conference, youngstown st won I-AA and washington was a respectable team at the time), people quickly forget how these schedules are written years ahead, hell the texas home and away was scheduled 10yrs ago!! who knew we'd be gooz or bad....nevertheless, we didnt give that game away one bit and this "SEC speed" didnt do shit, we got out muscled a bit, sure, but to that i say 2 more things 1) LSU didnt impress me one bit, Georgia, USC or even Va Tech would beat em and 2) not too bad for our "rebuilding yr" to be in the championship game


    now, OSU cheering aside and not being a sore loser or pulling this irani baazi shit, but DAMN those refs were fkn horrible, so many late hits im sure u didnt see on tv and just calls that u could say were pretty damn biased, it was pitiful....u kno, u just hav to wonder how they kept talkin bout LSU bein the preseason favorites, then somehow w/ 2 losses they jump to #2 in the final BCS standings to play what was virtually a home game, im sorry but u just gotta wonder bout somethin there ($$$$$$$$)


    but no excuses, LSU beat us, and again not too bad for a "rebuilding year", i'll post more from columbus, for now i got a flight to catch

    Leave a comment:


  • persianbruin
    replied
    Amir,BCS is not failing us. The humans are. The coaches and AP voters gotta realize the BIG 10 conference is a very weak conference these days and its not in the same level of SEC, PAC 10 or eve Big 12. They should NOT vote Ohio st. as the #1 team. They havent been tested, not this year, not last year. Why?? Because the Big 10 sucks!!!!!

    Look at what OSU and Mich did last year in the BCS. Look at what OSU and illinois did this year. Its just pathetic. They have lost 4 BCS games by an avg of nearly 22 points a game. Thank god for me USC has been the team penalized both years. They would have smoked LSU this year. Hopefully they will come up with a playoff system

    Leave a comment:


  • Amir H F
    replied
    Well the clearly better team won, but its unfortunate they had to play against an undeserving and overrated Ohio State team in the national championship. Tonight was proof of why this BCS crap has destroyed college football! I mean dont get me wrong I will admint OSU has a great program and a very strong team who finished with an impressive Big Ten title this year and defeated my Michigan once again BUT i'm sorry they arent even a top 5 let alone to finish number one!, probably a top 10 team at best.

    However, they finished ranked #1 and in the title game because of a whopping 11-1 regular season record right! How did they do it ...by going out and scheduling non-conference games such as: YOUNSTOWN ST, AKRON, KENT ST, and a recently weak Washington! Meanwhile many more deserving teams such as Georgia, Oklahoma, Missouri, USC, and Virginia Tech get left out and screwed over because of this messed up system!!! Reason why they didnt was because all these teams had 2 losses, some 3, and OSU had only 1! All because these other (2 & 3 loss) teams showed courage and balls going out and scheduling tough non-conference games to better their program and entertain fans while OSU chose to take the easy route and scheduled 3 of their 4 non conference games against non bcs weak schools! :bs: Too bad this Crappy BCS system doesnt take any of that into consideration though...and in result of we failed to see the two best teams play for the chance to become nationals champions this year. Heres a brief look at the teams (in no particular order) who deserved to play in the 2008 national title game against LSU instead of a weaker Ohio State:


    1. GEORGIA (11-2) Tough Non Conference Games: Oklahoma St., South Carolina, Troy.


    2. MISSOURI (12-2) Tough Non Conference Games: at Illinois, at Ole Miss.


    3. USC (11-2) Tough Non Conference Games: at Nebraska, at Notre Dame (lol they tried )


    4. VA TECH (11-3) Tough Non Conference Games: at LSU (), East Carolina.


    5. OKLAHOMA (11-3) Tough Non Conference Games: Miami (FL), at Tulsa.



    I have also cheered for Hawaii and Kansas this season but unfortunately they did they same thing as Ohio State this season and scheduled easyass non conference games to finish with such good records! So evidently I'm not just saying this just because I am a Michigan fan and I hate Ohio State. I think its plain and simple that the system right now fails repeatedly and any TRUE fan of college football will admit this!!! Its about time they insert a 16 or 32 team playoff tournament and stop throwing seasons and classic games away!!! Not only would it make college football much more exciting but it would make if finally fair too!


    Anyways sorry for the long post but my computer has been down for the past couple of months so I had to get all of my feelings about the season out of my system. Houman Koja Rafti dobare?!?!?! Enjoy having false hope from your Buckeyes all season only to have them fail repeatedly in the end when they play an actual worthy opponent other than Illinois and Michigan



    Leave a comment:


  • MoJo23
    replied
    Originally posted by Sherwin View Post
    Tell me about it brother those 5 picks were just deadly but we should of won that game. At the end we shot ourselves in the foot and gave BC the game. Well hey man if you or Persian Bruin can post the scores please, so I can calculate the points sometime this week.


    or this one

    Leave a comment:


  • persianbruin
    replied
    Originally posted by Sherwin View Post
    Oh hey thank you man but let me explain the situation. As of Saturday I didn't have any internet access, so I coudn't read any posts. Basically man at the end of the day people can believe what they want. If KC the Arabist dude thinks that I care when he says I have a monopoly hose, I really coudn't care less. I know whats up and that is all that matters. I have my friends here and I really don't care about the rest my friend. By the way thank you for defending me when I didn't even have any internet access. I appreciate it bro.
    I dont know who these so called "friends" are cuz nobody was there to back me up. Anyways its good to see you are ok

    Leave a comment:


  • persianbruin
    replied
    Originally posted by MoJo23 View Post
    woah woah big guy, chill
    Im not the one that said OSU should be there right now!
    But seriously it's OSU, of course they are going to lose national championship!
    I mean when exactly have they won in any sport?
    actually osu has won a championship in 2002

    Leave a comment:


  • Sherwin
    replied
    Originally posted by MoJo23 View Post
    Hell yea bro, Thomas is going to be a beast!
    And thanks man, you guys were playing really good. The turnovers just cost you the game!
    Tell me about it brother those 5 picks were just deadly but we should of won that game. At the end we shot ourselves in the foot and gave BC the game. Well hey man if you or Persian Bruin can post the scores please, so I can calculate the points sometime this week.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sherwin
    replied
    Originally posted by persianbruin View Post
    you are kiddin me right!!!????? So I have been defendin your ass on these boards for no reason over the last 24 hours????

    http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...ad.php?t=54312
    Oh hey thank you man but let me explain the situation. As of Saturday I didn't have any internet access, so I coudn't read any posts. Basically man at the end of the day people can believe what they want. If KC the Arabist dude thinks that I care when he says I have a monopoly hose, I really coudn't care less. I know whats up and that is all that matters. I have my friends here and I really don't care about the rest my friend. By the way thank you for defending me when I didn't even have any internet access. I appreciate it bro.

    Leave a comment:


  • MoJo23
    replied
    Originally posted by Sherwin View Post
    Right on my brother hey by the way your boy Devin Thomas is entering the NFL draft, and he is already slotted in the 2nd round. Man congrats on kicking Florida's a$$ I was pulling for you guys. I hate how ****y those bastards are and I remember they tried the same crap with us back in the Citrus Bowl in 2000 when we won.
    Well man it was a tough loss for us freaking Hoyer threw 5 picks and I wanted to kill him. We should of sticked with the running game because we were tearing them up in that dept. With all of those turnovers we still only lost 24-21.
    Anyways I don't have any internet access in my new house buddy but I will try to get all the points calculated ASAP. If someone can post me the scores I"ll figure everything out.
    By the way sorry for the Big Blue mix up lots of schools use "big blue" these days but of course they are just jocking Michigan. Oh and congrats on your new coach Rich Rod GREAT HIRE!
    Hell yea bro, Thomas is going to be a beast!

    And thanks man, you guys were playing really good. The turnovers just cost you the game!

    Leave a comment:


  • MoJo23
    replied
    Originally posted by persianbruin View Post
    that is because your BIG 10 sucks!!!! So far for the second year in a row the top 2 teams in the big 10 have made BCS games and have gotton their asses kicked. LEARN HOW TO PLAY FOOTBALL!!!!
    woah woah big guy, chill
    Im not the one that said OSU should be there right now!

    But seriously it's OSU, of course they are going to lose national championship!
    I mean when exactly have they won in any sport?

    Leave a comment:

Users Viewing This Topic

Collapse

There are 0 users viewing this topic.

Working...
X