Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you prefer players and coaches of TM to make a stand and boycott the world cup?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The regime would love to pull out of WC. This WC is a huge headache for them. They hate to see the players and the fans show their disgust for them. I really hope for Iran to participate and make it to 2nd round.
    Formerly known as: kachal

Comment

Originally posted by Bladsville View Post
      one page back. you even thanked the post..

What has that got to do with the statement "people won't die any more"?!?

And I thanked the post because Khodam has more courage than I do.

next question?

Comment

Originally posted by Bladsville View Post
        one page back. you even thanked the post..

Where did Khodam say "so if we dont play the WC, people dont die anymore"?!? Or anything like that?

And I thanked the post because he has more courage than I do. I still want to see football.

this is exhausting.....

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post

Where did Khodam say "so if we dont play the WC, people dont die anymore"?!? Or anything like that?

And I thanked the post because he has more courage than I do. I still want to see football.

this is exhausting.....
          Time to close this thread, 80% want Iran to play in the World Cup

Comment

Originally posted by allan123 View Post
            Time to close this thread, 80% want Iran to play in the World Cup
            I think its time to close this thread. People want to see Iran in the World Cup.
            I don't like when people mix politic and Sports
            i know... i know... silly people mix politic and sport. sorry

Comment

Allan Jan I'm sorry for mixing politic with sport

Enjoy the football

https://twitter.com/zarchiko/status/...hbF-vrJJQ&s=19

Comment

Let put this first: I'm not saying that I think we should not play at the WC, but I found it somewhat strange how so many people could asked themselves why someone would say that.

Imaging you have lost someone very special to you, and on that same day you have your wedding. Some say a wedding is one the most special days of your life, it bring you the utmost joy.

It's true that by not getting married that day you won't bring that beloved person to life. It is true that others will die eventually as well. All the facts that you could name are true, postponing tour marriage will in that sense neither change anything or do anything good.

Yet I'm sure that a lot of you will postpone that marriage, even if that means that it will never happen again. Now why is that you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Babak agha View Post
                  Let put this first: I'm not saying that I think we should not play at the WC, but I found it somewhat strange how so many people could asked themselves why someone would say that.
                  Imaging you have lost someone very special to you, and on that same day you have your wedding. Some say a wedding is one the most special days of your life, it bring you the utmost joy.
                  It's true that by not getting married that day you won't bring that beloved person to life. It is true that others will die eventually as well. All the facts that you could name are true, postponing tour marriage will in that sense neither change anything or do anything good.
                  Yet I'm sure that a lot of you will postpone that marriage, even if that means that it will never happen again. Now why is that you think?
                  In this case this is your marriage, so you can do what you want. And it will just be postponed probably.
                  In WC case, those who don't want to see TM at the WC are free to switch off their tv why going as far as asking Fifa to ban Iran?

Comment

Recent events in Iran have caused most people here to have some or all of the following feelings: sad, mad, angry, frustrated, powerless... and it is very understandable. Some express it out loud and some keep it to themselves. Everyone is entitled to their feelings and whether they want to express it or not. What is not acceptable is for others to tell you how you should feel, or that they feel more than you. In a way, shaming you that you don't feel enough. First of all, it is not a race and second of all, no one knows how others truly feel.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                      In this case this is your marriage, so you can do what you want. And it will just be postponed probably.
                      In WC case, those who don't want to see TM at the WC are free to switch off their tv why going as far as asking Fifa to ban Iran?
                      Your answer had nothing to do with my question. I said WHY are you postponing something, as it neither will do any good or change anything. So why postpone?

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                        Allan Jan I'm sorry for mixing politic with sport

Enjoy the football

https://twitter.com/zarchiko/status/...hbF-vrJJQ&s=19
                        Dear Dr, may I suggest that you take a break from this thread for a few minutes. Understandably, you seem to have gotten very emotional. We all have. However, if we start finger pointing and shaming others about whether or not we want TM to be excluded from WC, I am afraid we will not get very far, whatever the next stage of the events will bring.

One can make an argument for either case; boycotting or not boycotting WC. No one is suggesting that participation is more important than people's lives or freedoms. The discussion is about which option will be most effective in keeping the issue alive. Lets calm down and not let this be a divisive issue.

p.s. Encouraging or demanding others (in this case TM plyers) to make sacrifices is not exactly courageous in my book; as you alluded to, in one of your previous posts. I apologize if I misunderstood your post.
                        Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Close this thread already.

Comment

People who suggest TM should boycott WC remind me of those who advocate for bombing Iran while they sit from a safe distance. Bombing Iran is likely to just add further misery to our beloved hamvatans and guarantee nothing since intended tsrgets will be well prepared and safe. See Afghanistan as a recent example. It's easy for us to suggest things since we have little at stake from our cushy seats.

If we are going to achieve anything we need unity and inclusion. The power of the masses...the downtrodden. We don't need a leader we need a rallying cause that we can all stand behind. The cause is clear. We need to set aside our personal agendas, vendetta for the greater good. Only then can our desires be achieved.
                            Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                            Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by Essi View Post
                              With all due respect but that is completely nonsens. They do care about football but what is most important is the Iranian people and country itself. Without these two, football doesn't matter at all. Actually nothing matter. The People of Iran and their lives our worth 1000 times more than any sport. Football is just a sport and joy, it's honor to cheer for your country when you are sure that the government and people that steer the country care about the poeple.
                              Yes of course football is nothing compared to peoples life, but what has football to do with what is happening in Iran ? It's like saying close all iranian restaurants in Europe to show all your support to the iranian people lol, its totally different things, there is not 1 reason why football and this world cup should be mixed with what is happening in Iran, i even say the only thing these poor people need is a good world cup, imagine beating Englang, sitting down for some minutes and smoke a cigarette, that would be 5 minutes nobody would forget in his life.

Comment

I think it's time to close this thread before I start warning, banning people. Let's stick to football.

Comment

Working...
                                X