Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friendly: Iran - Uruguay; Info, Updates and Live Reports (23.09.2022)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
    I am not sure but I don't think TM has ever been able to win against a team of Uruguay caliber in either friendly or official matches. It sure is a significant development and tells you that a great coach can do a lot with our talent pool.

Go TM!
    We beat Chile 2/0 in 2015

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
      Did we make some mistakes in possession, yes. Some led to dangerous transitions, their best chances.

But overall it was very solid performance. In terms of structure out of possession, intensity of our defending, intensity and planning of our pressing (much higher than I remember with Cq before) and ability to create openings when our 1 touch passing from the back connected we were very impressive.

Physically the team is very strong and were not bullied tonight, actually the opposite.

Ezatolahi, some people, even myself, really doubted but he showed it again tonight. He is a player. He can play for vejle or timbuktu FC and he will still be our best CDM.

When we add a fit Vahid Amiri, Ali Karimi to the mix we will have even more midfield options.

Azmoun was not terrible but definitely not at his best, I think he will be better vs senegal as in general these were his first mins for a while.

Ghoddos was excellent. A couple mistakes but still a key player for us. His intelligence and weight of pass for the goal was perfect and gave him a real confidence boost.

Taremi upped our level up front a lot.

Major shoutout to defensive line, all 5 were were excellent, specially moharrami + CBs and beiro. Jalali was solid for his first start and probably will eliminate milad from squad. Athletic, quick, just needs to trust himself a bit more in possession.

And they asked what CQ could do in such short space of time...Keep doubting!
      I really am trying to stay positive and not say anything negative about CQ but it is these comments that force me to say something. Dooste aziz, are you saying that this is more CQ win than it is the players or Skocic for that matter? Really after one game and 2 weeks?! Anyways hope the wins keep coming.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
        Sardar played his minutes as lone striker with very little offensive support. He dropped back to help move the play. Second half was nice but he missed much of it once we played offensively. I think Sardar Taremi need to play together. Maybe if this is CQ strategy then pick a different forward like Zahedi, Alipour, or a healthy Allahyar to play lone wolf in first half.
        I think CQ will probably start with a lone striker lineup against England, but I think against USA and Wales we will probably see the Sardar/Taremi pair. The game against Senegal should shed some light on his plans.

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
          I am not sure but I don't think TM has ever been able to win against a team of Uruguay caliber in either friendly or official matches. It sure is a significant development and tells you that a great coach can do a lot with our talent pool.

Go TM!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is the first time Iran has beaten a team that has won the World Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by sammyg
            France 2 finals 1 win? Correct me if im wrong but they won 1998 and 2018

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
            You are correct, the infographic is wrong/outdated.

Comment

It says between 1930 and 2014 so it’s outdated

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
                I really am trying to stay positive and not say anything negative about CQ but it is these comments that force me to say something. Dooste aziz, are you saying that this is more CQ win than it is the players or Skocic for that matter? Really after one game and 2 weeks?! Anyways hope the wins keep coming.
                I think the difference in intensity and determination the players showed off the ball was night and day compared to vs Algeria C. They looked like they wanted to play today.

And yes, CQ arrival is the reason behind that. Its given the team a huge moral boost before we even get in to the clear tactical adjustments without the ball

Comment

France has been to the WC final three times and has won two of them. They lost to Italy in 2006 in penalty shots after 120 minutes when Zedan as red carded. They won in 98 and 2018.

Thank you anyway Leicester City jaan. Your point is still valid that this is the first time Iran has defeated a World Cup champion.

Go TM!

Comment

Good match!
                    1. I believe we will play with one 6 and two 8 as we did today. We have As starter I prefer AKarimi instead of hajsafi, but Queiroz favours hajsafi. Ghoddos is a must. Playing a more defensive roole in UK opened up the door for playing under queiroz for him
                    We should try Hosseini as Backup for ezza. He should also replace Shoja who did ok today
                    I think we will have the same formation against England, with taremi instead of torabi.
                    What we gained again: structure and a game plan. Need to work on defensive coordination but Queiroz is the best person for that. I also think he will bring mimo against england, Q is simply looking for a backup. mimo is perfect fir England wingers.
                    I believe we will bring 5 fresh players each Game after 65 minute. This opens the door for higher pressure.
                    My Line up against England:
                    Beiro
                    Moharrami Kanani Hosseini mimo
                    Ezza
                    Karimi Saman
                    Jahanb Taremi
                    Azmoun

Comment

The information is from Russia 2018 (see the bottom tag), so France had won the World Cup only once at that time. They won the second time in Russia so update would have been France 3 finals 2 wins.

Comment

Damn that was a fun game to watch. Bravo to our players and CQ. Night and day difference from Skocic

Comment

https://youtu.be/5HufxhVF8T4

Full Match on YouTube.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                          Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

It was good friendly game but i don't think we should get carried away by this. We are still the underdogs and the weakest team in our group. We should train harder and plan smarter.

This was nothing but just a friendly game that big teams lose to weaker teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
                              Fuuuuuck my life totally forgot about the game and missed it..
                              Muhahaha, that's what you get, when TM isn't your priority Nr.1. Nah jk, I missed it too

Comment

Lolll this is just getting better and better.

If we manage to beat Senegal or even draw and play well, it would be a dream start/"restart" under Queiroz.

Comment

Working...
                                X