Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friendly: Iran - Uruguay; Info, Updates and Live Reports (23.09.2022)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Irooni30 View Post
    Guys what happened with ramin rezaien not even on the list or team photo anyone have any info ?
    Did not have the Schengen visa and did not travel with the team since he was not on Skocic's list. https://www.varzesh3.com/news/184417...AF%D9%86%D8%AF

Go TM!

Comment

You could tell Uruguay underestimated us and were geting frustrated that they couldn't get past our defense. The counter attack that we scored on was beautiful, but we had many instances where our build up play from the back was either slow / poor / non-existent.

Overall first match in charge with this type of opponent, coming out with a win is a massive middle finger to everyone who doubted him. We don't have much time to grow, but we have the right guy to build with. You can already see Carlos' impact on the team. Our defense is getting back to where they were, now we will need to hold the ball better, distribute quicker, and put Azmoun / Taremi in these positions to finish.

WE can and WILL get there with Carlos in charge! Senegal will be another beast, they are an excellent team, with a superstar. Lets see how we do with round 2.

In Carlos we trust, it's coming QOM!!
      --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
      --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
      ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
      --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
      ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Ezzi played 90 minutes. You can tell he is a bit rusty, and was getting tired at the end. I thought he played a very good game considering everything I just mentioned. He is still our best and most talented midfielder. Hopefully with CQ back in the fold it will light a fire under his ass to get his career going again.

Comment

Comment

Very impressive result, I'm proud of the team! And what a way for CQ to start his second stint. We went from hopeless to hopeful in such a short time span, and I still can't believe it.

Comment

Beiranvand is amazing

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                Very impressive result, I'm proud of the team! And what a way for CQ to start his second stint. We went from hopeless to hopeful in such a short time span, and I still can't believe it.
                I know I was just telling my cousin, what a difference... From a loss to Algeria's B team, to a win against Uruguay's A team. Football is a crazy sport. I was thankful for Skocic and that he pulled us out of the mess that fucking clown Wilmot's left us in. But I felt like he had reached his ceiling with Asian football, and I was just getting so tired of his random team selections / subs. Carlos started with a line up that made sense, made decent subs, and had a clear gameplan.

We still have A LOT of work to do, but what a difference a few weeks can make

Comment

Would have loved to see Allahyar and his pace down the wings tonight - think he definitely would have been a great output for Azmoun when he held the ball up but had no one up front with him to pass the ball too.

Comment

I watched the game in a conflicted state. Many young people were demonstrating even when the match was going on that is an indication of seriousness of the movement this time around. These are turbulent times and I hope it will bring an end to dictatorial and corrupt IR in a most peaceful way possible.

I am very happy for the win. It really helps with the team confidence and cohesion and again shows that IFF under Taj did the right thing to bring CQ back. I assume Taremi was not 100% and that's why he didn't start. He is at a different level and we saw how the dynamic of the match changed when he came in. Also, our defense was another bright spot. Moharami is peaking at the right time and Kanaani is an impenetrable steel wall and Jallali will only get better. Even Shoja was good except for that really bad pass to Nunez that required the most amazing save of the match by Beiro. Abedzadeh was ok but Beiro is undeniably our starter and I hope he stays healthy for the WC.

Go TM!

Comment

Did we make some mistakes in possession, yes. Some led to dangerous transitions, their best chances.

But overall it was very solid performance. In terms of structure out of possession, intensity of our defending, intensity and planning of our pressing (much higher than I remember with Cq before) and ability to create openings when our 1 touch passing from the back connected we were very impressive.

Physically the team is very strong and were not bullied tonight, actually the opposite.

Ezatolahi, some people, even myself, really doubted but he showed it again tonight. He is a player. He can play for vejle or timbuktu FC and he will still be our best CDM.

When we add a fit Vahid Amiri, Ali Karimi to the mix we will have even more midfield options.

Azmoun was not terrible but definitely not at his best, I think he will be better vs senegal as in general these were his first mins for a while.

Ghoddos was excellent. A couple mistakes but still a key player for us. His intelligence and weight of pass for the goal was perfect and gave him a real confidence boost.

Taremi upped our level up front a lot.

Major shoutout to defensive line, all 5 were were excellent, specially moharrami + CBs and beiro. Jalali was solid for his first start and probably will eliminate milad from squad. Athletic, quick, just needs to trust himself a bit more in possession.

And they asked what CQ could do in such short space of time...Keep doubting!

Comment

Fox Deportes highlights:

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

I am not sure but I don't think TM has ever been able to win against a team of Uruguay caliber in either friendly or official matches. It sure is a significant development and tells you that a great coach can do a lot with our talent pool.

Go TM!

Comment

Fuuuuuck my life totally forgot about the game and missed it..

Comment

Originally posted by The Realist View Post
                              Lots of people talked about wins under Dragan as a result of players abilities and not the coach’s tactics. Well in this game we definitely had both.
                              combination of Shoja-Kanani stays fixed.
                              Welcome back Ansarifard. Eyval
                              Hajisafi despite haters had a commanding game
                              Boy Jalali showed he’s a natural at international level
                              Abedzadeh lacks confidence and has gone back to WIP
                              Mohrrami has really polished his act
                              Torabi with nice touches
                              Feel sorry for Sardar and what is happening to him, 5 minutes here and there and playing in midfield at leverkusen showed up clearly
                              Finally, Taremi is in n a league of his own!

Sardar played his minutes as lone striker with very little offensive support. He dropped back to help move the play. Second half was nice but he missed much of it once we played offensively. I think Sardar Taremi need to play together. Maybe if this is CQ strategy then pick a different forward like Zahedi, Alipour, or a healthy Allahyar to play lone wolf in first half.
                              Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by Team Melli Fan View Post
                                Fox Deportes highlights:

Wow look how fucking AWFUL Hajsafi's defending is on Nunes and Suarez's left foot shot. For Nunes he literally steps away from the attacker, and points to the right and just frees up his space. And for Suarez he is also left standing behind. After all these years, he still can't defend if his life depended on him.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Comment

Working...
                                X