Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friendly: Canada - Iran; Info, Updates and Live Reports (05.06.2022)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Pouya jon. I wasn’t aware. Just hope the game will be on, Aa I went through so much hassle to get tickets, hotel….etc to go to the game from calif.

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
      honestly at this point, lineup friendlies with Russia, Venezuela and a few African countries.
      Russia wanted to play Iran. Iran asked fifa and fifa said no.

Comment

Senegal not happening until september per estili.

There is only one viable candidate at this stage that I can make out. Algeria have no friendlies setup at all and are free after tanzania match on the 8th. Wouldnt be difficult to arrange vs them in qatar one would think. Tunisia + Morocco are occupied with matches (Kirin cup for tunisia, AFCON qualifying extra game for morocco).

Comment

Thank you IFF for continuing to hurt us.
          I’m an idiot for following this stupid sport.

Comment

One friendly. A single fucking friendly when Other teams in our group are playing 4 or 5 in the same timespan. Like I get that IFF got screwed over a bit with the politicization of the games in Canada, but to not have a proper backup plan is inexcusable.

With this level of non preparation, I'll impressed if we get a single point at the world Cup and consider it a success.

Truly clown shit. Absolute foolishness.

Comment

B.C. Premier John Horgan says he will "leave it to Soccer Canada" to explain the decision to host Iran in a soccer friendly match next month in Vancouver.

At least there is one measured and nuanced politician in Canada regarding this issue.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/bc-...atch-1.6460147

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                One friendly. A single fucking friendly when Other teams in our group are playing 4 or 5 in the same timespan. Like I get that IFF got screwed over a bit with the politicization of the games in Canada, but to not have a proper backup plan is inexcusable.

With this level of non preparation, I'll impressed if we get a single point at the world Cup and consider it a success.

Truly clown shit. Absolute foolishness.
                How could the IFF have prevented this? This is on Canada and Canadian politics.

Comment

I really hope the match goes through. Is there anything we can do to help? I signed that petition thanking soccer canada for arranging the match with Canada. Can we start a new petition? What can we do to help out boys make Iran proud in the tournament?

Comment

Originally posted by somebuffguy View Post
                    I really hope the match goes through. Is there anything we can do to help? I signed that petition thanking soccer canada for arranging the match with Canada. Can we start a new petition? What can we do to help out boys make Iran proud in the tournament?
                    Buy a ticket and attend the match. Money talks.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                      Buy a ticket and attend the match. Money talks.
                      I can't go to the match unfortunately
                      If there was an ethical way for me to personally donate money to soccer canada, I would.

Comment

What’s the best chelo kababi in the Vancouver area?

Comment

Pasargad by Port Moody is very solid. Google Reviews is your best friend though

Comment

Originally posted by somebuffguy View Post
                            How could the IFF have prevented this? This is on Canada and Canadian politics.
                            They could have:

- Not wasted time negotiating friendlies to take place in Canada once the "controversy" became public.

- Looked for another country beside Canada to host the Ecuador match in

- or All together ditched the idea of playing in the western hemisphere after the Canada match and tried to organise a friendly in Iran, Turkey, Qatar, etc... instead of negotiating with Ecuador.

Comment

https://www.google.com/search?client...zU6lBrKvaI;mv:[[49.324027199999996,-122.93952379999999],[49.288883999999996,-123.14794889999999]];tbs:lrf:!1m4!1u3!2m2!3m1!1e1!1m4!1u2!2m2!2m1!1e1! 2m1!1e2!2m1!1e3!3sIAE,lf:1,lf_ui:9

Khaghan in downtown is hands down the best!
                              Second is "Mehman" on Lonsdale Ave. in North Vancouver!

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                                They could have:

- Not wasted time negotiating friendlies to take place in Canada once the "controversy" became public.

- Looked for another country beside Canada to host the Ecuador match in

- or All together ditched the idea of playing in the western hemisphere after the Canada match and tried to organise a friendly in Iran, Turkey, Qatar, etc... instead of negotiating with Ecuador.
                                Didn't they do the above by arranging (tbd) Senegal in Tehran?

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                                Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Working...
                                X