X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
    and
    Skocic is at least joking a bit.
    These guys instead of thinking about our group, are looking at the other groups. F*** the other groups. Focus on our opponents.

I don't want our players to be shy and timid and think their opponents are gods, but we should also respect them and understand even the worst team at a World Cup can pull a surprise.
    To milad_b's point it's not only about Carlos Queiroz's mentality of respect for the opponent, rather decent sportsmanship hence Tim Cahill was shocked.

As you say Nokhodi, this isn't self-confidence and is more arrogance. Why not do the talking on the pitch? Why not press the federation for more friendlies? Why focus on other groups?

Comment

Guys, give the boyz a break. They probably have heat stroke from practicing in 100+ 'F in Qatar. Not firing with all cylinders in the desert heat. Once they're back home and cool off a bit, reality will set in and they'll remember CQ's moto: "We are the underdogs".

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
        I know man I was shocked to hear 2 experienced players (ARJ and Taremi) . Having confidence is good but underestimating your opponent is very toxic. I hope someone bring sense back into their minds. I also feel we need karim bagheri to discipline the team.
        What is wrong with what they said? It’s not like they’re saying the teams are going to be easy. I would rather they saw the group as doable than not. They will put their all in no matter what, I have no doubts about that. Confidence = good results for Iranian players

Comment

Originally posted by Saam View Post
          What is wrong with what they said? It’s not like they’re saying the teams are going to be easy. I would rather they saw the group as doable than not. They will put their all in no matter what, I have no doubts about that. Confidence = good results for Iranian players
          Good, then they should be held to the standard of their words. No less than 3 wins in Qatar given that it's an easier group in comparison to other Asian teams.

Comment

I mean Taremi's comment was a little casual but thats just his personality. This entire forum was happy to see Wales go through instead of Ukraine which was cahill's original question.

Going from Spain, Portugal, Morocco group to this one has its pros and cons.

Pro is we are much more likely to win 2 games needed to guarantee progression (at least on paper). The players have the experience of last time to fall back on, and 4 more years of much higher level football for most (like Taremi). Being more relaxed means we may not see opening halves where we forget how to pass the ball, or in Taremi's case less likelihood that he fails to hit the target on any of 4 golden chances across the spain and portugal matches. Somebody who performed as he did vs Juventus, Atletico Madrid, AC Milan, Liverpool, Chelsea, Benfica, Sporting, etc knows how to approach big games.

The con is obviously underestimating the opponent and not recognizing how much of our last WC performance was down to impeccable work as a unit. If skocic can recreate that, then ofc our group is more "doable" than last time. If not, we are screwed. The one thing you cannot doubt is that Americans and Welsh will be well prepared and work as a cohesive group, even if we may fancy certain matchups/advantages our guys have over them.

As for the comparison to the other asian teams, I would tend to agree with what ARJ said. Japans group: A resurgent Germany and Spain, if we were in that group Id say there is very little hope for us. Saudi group is similar to ours in a lot of ways. But definitely an argument to be made that Poland are stronger than Wales, and Argentina in current form much more frightening prospect than England. SK also will be big underdogs.

Diplomatic and correct answer would have been no game is easy in the world cup. Period. Esp for a team with this level of preparation and coaching. But if the players fancy their chances I would rather that scenario than them having to be convinced they are good enough to compete.

Comment

Originally posted by Saam View Post
              A) thats not an easy group compared to other groups .

B) Statistically this is the hardest group as all 4 teams are in top 21 ranking.

C) Underestimating your opponent is the biggest mistakes you'll ever make. This rule applies to any sport even in Chess.

D) That's not confident thats Ibra's Toxic mentality that don't work on iranians.

E) Don't forget what happened in 2006! Exactly the same mentality.

Lol I remember we used to say : Okay we beat mexico by 3 goals then draw portugal and then our B team would take care of angola

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                A) thats not an easy group compared to other groups .

B) Statistically this is the hardest group as all 4 teams are in top 21 ranking.

C) Underestimating your opponent is the biggest mistakes you'll ever make. This rule applies to any sport even in Chess.

D) That's not confident thats Ibra's Toxic mentality that don't work on iranians.

E) Don't forget what happened in 2006! Exactly the same mentality.

Lol I remember we used to say : Okay we beat mexico by 3 goals then draw portugal and then our B team would take care of angola
                The difference then was that it was a handful of good players surrounded by crap, with Ali daei up front.

We all know this is a unit and will give it their all. Saying a group is easier than others doesn’t mean they’re saying it’s an easy group. They may think some teams playing the other Asian teams are tougher for them. Who knows

Comment

I think they were just shooting the shit. Cahill showed up at the end of practice when they're in a "ahh f*** it" attitude. If it was a sit-down interview, they would've all been logical and had a more accurate answer about the World Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                    and
                    Skocic is at least joking a bit.
                    These guys instead of thinking about our group, are looking at the other groups. F*** the other groups. Focus on our opponents.

I don't want our players to be shy and timid and think their opponents are gods, but we should also respect them and understand even the worst team at a World Cup can pull a surprise.
                    Comon man. Cahill asked what they thought of the draw. What should they say? Terrible, we fd? They are projecting self-belief.

Psychologically speaking self-belief and confidence are important factors in success. They aren't undermining or disrespecting anyone. They have all spoken previously about their opponents strengths. I am proud the boys aren't complaining and playing the victim card and rather making the most of the situation they are in. I am sure they know the task ahead of them...and everyone knows we are asias #1 ranked team. These are professional footballers.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
                      I think they were just shooting the shit. Cahill showed up at the end of practice when they're in a "ahh f*** it" attitude. If it was a sit-down interview, they would've all been logical and had a more accurate answer about the World Cup.
                      This. It was just an off the record conversation that happened to be picked up on camera. Not worried about it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                        I mean Taremi's comment was a little casual but thats just his personality. This entire forum was happy to see Wales go through instead of Ukraine which was cahill's original question.
                        Going from Spain, Portugal, Morocco group to this one has its pros and cons.
                        Pro is we are much more likely to win 2 games needed to guarantee progression (at least on paper). The players have the experience of last time to fall back on, and 4 more years of much higher level football for most (like Taremi). Being more relaxed means we may not see opening halves where we forget how to pass the ball, or in Taremi's case less likelihood that he fails to hit the target on any of 4 golden chances across the spain and portugal matches. Somebody who performed as he did vs Juventus, Atletico Madrid, AC Milan, Liverpool, Chelsea, Benfica, Sporting, etc knows how to approach big games.
                        The con is obviously underestimating the opponent and not recognizing how much of our last WC performance was down to impeccable work as a unit. If skocic can recreate that, then ofc our group is more "doable" than last time. If not, we are screwed. The one thing you cannot doubt is that Americans and Welsh will be well prepared and work as a cohesive group, even if we may fancy certain matchups/advantages our guys have over them.
                        As for the comparison to the other asian teams, I would tend to agree with what ARJ said. Japans group: A resurgent Germany and Spain, if we were in that group Id say there is very little hope for us. Saudi group is similar to ours in a lot of ways. But definitely an argument to be made that Poland are stronger than Wales, and Argentina in current form much more frightening prospect than England. SK also will be big underdogs.
                        Diplomatic and correct answer would have been no game is easy in the world cup. Period. Esp for a team with this level of preparation and coaching. But if the players fancy their chances I would rather that scenario than them having to be convinced they are good enough to compete.
                        This ... in essence our players should Only iterate the Bold..!
                        .... that is the only way to answer such by en large trap/leading questions, especially so during the preWC media instances..!!
                        you certainly dont want to give your opponents any more motivation than they already have to beat you with thoughtless/ amature comments ...!!
                        No such comments which could be construed as lacking confidence and certainly you dont want to come across Cocky sounding in any shape or form ..!! cause then your "quote" could likely make it in wc opponents coach's pre-during game speech to his squad and will certainly serve as the rallying cry for their team against us..!!
                        ps
                        perhaps the One damn good thing TM has always had going for themselves heading into WCs has been their Underdog status and the often Blatant general disrespect and disregard for our chances..!!
                        Boys Need to fully feed off that POed energy like we did so in WC98 vs USA /wc14 vs Argentina/ WC18 vs Spain and Portugal .... !!
                        CQ certainly knew how to harness and have his team feed off that energy on game days against their dismissive/cocky opponents..!!

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
                          from my faint recollections Tim Cahill played much of his useful career in England and even had a stint in the MLS ...!!
                          he may be a classy, nice guy whatnot..? but he is a fking Aussie afterall ....!! most all of them identify themselves far more with the West than any Asian countries... hell their federation only joined AFC to ensure more frequent WC Appearances for themselves ....so as such i can presume come November, he'll likely be rooting for every one of our opponents to beat TM...!!
                          decent chance that gonna have a chat to some of his old club buddies about the upcoming WC and wouldnt be a surprise if he brought up what he had heard from key TM players at camp..??

if i were IFF media guy, i'd even remove that convo bit from their SM vid... just show them shaking hands and the early shooting the shitt part..!

Comment

Latest controversy...

Our players did not sh*t their pants when asked about our group!!!! The thought of this group should make them piss all over themselves... How dare they??? They should not be able to sleep at night given this group... I bet you each and everyone of them is getting a good uninterrupted 8 hours of sleep every night!!! Cowards...

I think, like all things, we should blame Skocic for this.

Comment

^^^ LOL

Skocic is definitely to blame for this one!
                              Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
                                Latest controversy...

Our players did not sh*t their pants when asked about our group!!!! The thought of this group should make them piss all over themselves... How dare they??? They should not be able to sleep at night given this group... I bet you each and everyone of them is getting a good uninterrupted 8 hours of sleep every night!!! Cowards...

I think, like all things, we should blame Skocic for this.

Comment

Working...
                                X