Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really hope Sarlak isnt going to play.
    I see many mentioning Ali Karimi. But do you Think he will be called up?
    what competent midfielders do we Got. Saeid, Amiri, Saman, Nour and maybe Hajsafi?

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post

the only way something like this happens (correct me if I’m wrong medical experts) is if you’re not properly stretching and taking care of yourself and doing the necessary recoveries following games, training, etc. so it makes me feel a little less bad but of course still sorry for him.
      According to your logic, if a player does the necessary recovery and prep before a match, there's no way they can get injured shortly after coming on.

This is not true. Injuries can Happen regardless.

Also, he's a professional footballer - to think he's just not going to do the basic fundamentals of prepping properly is a bit off course in my opinion.

Not to mention the fact that he was also fighting for his spot on the team.

Comment

At the game today

Comment

امید ابراهیمی که دیشب (پجشنبه) در دیدار برابر نیکاراگوئه از ناحیه کشاله پا دچار مصدومیت شد و جام‌جهانی را از دست داد،
          عصر امروز با حضور در پک با کارلوس کی‌روش دیدار کرد.

Last edited by St_Mark; 11-11-2022, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post

Once again, these players are normal people with lives and families and careers, just like you and I.

Almost every one of them has shown their support for the people in some way and have risked their careers in the process.... All while being much more at risk than these individuals who sit half way across the world, not willing to risk as much.

These players families are AT MUCH GREATER risk than ours as well.... They are famous public figures and the gov will punish them/ find their families easily to bother them, much more than they would to someone like yourself and I.

Once again... Let's realize that it's not fair to ask them to risk their entire careers and families, when we are not willing to even do a fraction of this..... Our job is to sit here and Protest from far, where we risk NOTHING???.... And then it's ok to turn around criticize these players???.... How are you not seeing how ridiculous this lack of logic sounds?.?

Please stop spreading this illogical, hypocritical idea that's it's the duty of a group of innocent young guys to risk their entire lives and overthrow a regime, just because they earn money playing football.... SOMETHING THEY WORKED THEIR A$$ES OFF FOR THEIR ENTIRE LIVES TO ACHIEVE.
            Thank you for a well reasoned response. People think their job is to sit in their nice comfortable apartments in the west and just shame everyone into acting while they don't do jack themselves. And include threats like "we will not forget".

In any case, I can guarantee you that all players will be notified by the IR that a basiji will be inside the player's parent house watching each WC game with their parents. The moment any player shows any sympathy with the people, their parents are arrested and in the Evin prison. So please people, stop shaming and show some understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Homa View Post

With all due respect, this is what people are doing - they are risking their lives. And our national beach soccer team has already done it. This is not about Iranians abroad - they don't need to protest in Iran. They do it in their respective countries and are the voices of the people in the western press.

My hope is that there will be a lot of action during the World Cup by players like SA. But then in the limelight of the world.​
              Hamed Esmaelioon, when asked why he doesn't call for/arrange a demonstration in Iran, instead of all other countries, said that he cannot take responsibility for people being killed/injured by the regime when he is sitting in the safety of the West. He said that the day he enters Iran is the day that he can ask people in Iran to do something.

We cannot expect our footballers to be heroes when the vast majority of the population, and that is the unfortunate truth, is sitting on the bylines.

If you are willing to put something of yourself on the line, then you are a hero and I hope you succeed in convincing others and leading. But what we need is for each of us to become a leader not expecting others to do it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Also because of the action of other sports heroes, there will be a huge pressure on the players not to participate. If they are planning something, they should keep quite now and not get excluded or let the authorities preempt them. I have confidence that our boys will come through with some gestures during the WC at a time when it is too late for the authorities. Just be patient.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

I am kind of dissapointed with QC selection.
                  I mean even you want cross off guys like Mohebbi, Mehdipour, etc. Let them play Nicaragua freindly to show some respect!!
                  Nothing against kids like Barzegar, Sadeghi but that didn't look good to me!

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Good news nour played few min today and scored. They are topping table.

Comment

Mohebbi surely deserved to make the squad. Specially with Sardar situation now.
                      He has the profile to play even as target.

Comment

Off topic,
                        Jardim already made his mark in Ahli. They are topping the table. He did that in Saudi, with Monaco.
                        Taj should get this guy if he is available when CQ leave.
                        Won title in Greece, Saudi, qualified Monaco to top level, leading the league in UAE.
                        He know middle east football, lack international football experience but he is only 48!

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
                          According to Tasnimnews Ebrahimi will be out for 1-2 months. He will miss the WC

I had him crossed off the cq list before the injury.
                          And if he was in cq plan
                          this was good time to get injured
                          Cq has time to make adjustments.
                          Worst would of been, this would of happened in the WC.

do you recall the tm veterans vs ac Millan veteran?
                          Reza Maldini error shahroodi
                          Got hurt within minute of the ref whistle
                          Starting the match,
                          But Omid got hurt faster .
                          I got about 8+ years of age over Omid,
                          But I am more athletic than most of tm players, I will be a dr.kateb for a minute.
                          this injury happens from too much weight
                          training, and not letting the muscles properly
                          heal, not enough water or protein.
                          He can do everything right every day
                          ,all it takes is not do it the right way
                          once. That's why athletics get pay the big money, is because of injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by Kian H View Post
                            I really hope Sarlak isnt going to play.
                            I see many mentioning Ali Karimi. But do you Think he will be called up?
                            what competent midfielders do we Got. Saeid, Amiri, Saman, Nour and maybe Hajsafi?
                            Karimi has been called up.

hasafi must lb..

Vahid khajeh can play Ibrahim position
                            better than ibrahimi.

Comment

It’s replacing late injuries in key positions like centre mid where lack of continuity of coach and atrocious planning from IFF will come back to haunt us.

Hiring Wilmots was a disaster. Skocic did a great job cleaning up his mess, but had no room for error to build a squad, rotate or experiment. Now replacing him with CQ this late hasn’t allowed him to test beyond his last WC squad and the core of Skocic’s team.

Had CQ been in place these past 3 years I’ve no doubt he’d have created a wider player pool and reduced the average age of the squad. That said, he had room to test several more promising players this camp but chose to play it safe, presumably trying to promote squad harmony.

All of which now leaves us in the worrying position of lamenting the injury of a 35 year old Ebrahimi because his most likely replacement in Sarlak is not at international level.

Comment

Nourollahi is fit and played off the bench today. Had shot that GK parried and fwd finished.

At least that situation ended without issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X