This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regime fearful of WC Qatar 2022.

Today Raisi, the president of Iran directed the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to coordinate with Qatari officials to predict and prevent possible trouble:

ئیس جمهور همچنین با اشاره به آغاز قریب‌الوقوع مسابقات جام جهانی ۲۰۲۲ قطر، وزارت امور خارجه را مأمور کرد در تعامل با مسئولان قطری در این رویداد مهم ورزشی زمینه را برای پیش‌بینی و پیشگیری از بروز مشکلات احتمالی فراهم کند.

Both BBC Persian and Iran International have interpreted this statement as indicating a worry that some political troubles could make life difficult for the regime.

BCC Persian noted that Iran-England game will exactly coincide with the 3rd anniversary of the massacre of Aban 1398.

https://www.khabaronline.ir/news/168...C-%D8%A7%D8%B2

https://www.iranintl.com/202210301369

Comment

Al Ahli club recalled two TM players, Kananizadegan and Khalilzad, despite a prior agreement, and claimed they would only be available one week before the World Cup.
      Since the Qatar League has been shut down and other players have been released, CQ claimed he is surprised by Al Ahli's move..

CQ stated that he is dissatisfied with the TM preparation and believes it is off track.

"
      We spoke to Al Ahly Club of Qatar there and found it difficult to comprehend. Except for the two of our players who were compelled to return, all the national players from other nations, including Algeria, Tunisia, and Australia, were given to those nations. Players from Esteghlal are not present either. Our situation could have been better

"
      درک این مطلب هم برای ما سخت است چون به آنجا رفتیم و با باشگاه الاهلی قطر صحبت کردیم. تمام بازیکنان ملی پوش کشورهای دیگر مانند الجزایری، تونسی و استرالیایی در اختیار کشورهایشان قرار گرفتند به غیر از این دو بازیکن ما که به اجبار برگشتند. بازیکنان استقلال هم اینجا نیستند. اگر بخواهم در دو کلمه بگویم؛ شرایط ما می‌توانست بهتر باشد.

جهانبخش مشکلی ندارد و چیز خاصی نیست. نوراللهی هم مشکل خاصی ندارد. سردار هم در مسیر درستی حرکت می‌کند. برنامه او خوب جلو می‌رود. 2 نوامبر به فضای باشگاه خودش باز می‌گردد. همکاری خیلی خوبی بین ما و باشگاه لورکوزن شکل گرفت. از منابع خودمان استفاده کردیم. اعضای کادرمان را تمام وقت در اختیار این بازیکنان قرار دادیم. به نورالهی و سردار کمک کردند. اطمینان داریم که 14 نوامبر او با ما خواهد بود.

Last edited by St_Mark; 10-31-2022, 01:26 AM.

Comment

Kananizaswghan and Khalilzad won't be available for the game against Nicaragua, according to what CQ stated today.
        Only PAG and Fallah are CBs at training camp right now.​ After the super cup, Esteghlal players, including Cheshmi, will begin training. This time, Sohrabian was not invited. No Noorafkan as a CB, hopefully.

Comment

Today's training:

U21:
          11 player

Arya Barzegar
          Mehdi Hashemnejad
          Alireza Bavieh
          Amin Hzbavi
          Mohammad Mehdi Ahmadi
          Mohammad Ghorbani
          Mehdi Hashemnejad
          Sina Abdollahi
          Saman Turanian
          Amir Ali Sadeghi
          Mohammad Hossein Eslami

TM:
          10 player

Alireza Beiranvand
          Payam Niazmand
          Mohammad Reza Akhbari
          Morteza Pourali Ganji
          Saman Fallah
          Omid Noorafkan
          Omid Ebrahimi
          Vahid Amiri
          Milad Sarlak
          Mehdi Torabi

Amirali Sadeghi joined the TM team due to a lack of players, and Beiranvand & Akhbari briefly joined the U19 team.

Noorafkan , Shariatzadeh , Bavieh , Ebrahimi , Eslami

PAG , Abdollahi

Eslami ( U21 ) X Sadeghi ( TM )- Sadeghi scored a few goals for TM side.

Rezaei Berifly was sidelined following a rough encounter with Abdollahi (U21) before returning to training.
          Last edited by St_Mark; 10-31-2022, 02:58 AM.

Comment

TM & U21 training

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post

TM & U21 training
              I‘m excited to see if any of the U21 players make it to the first team and or play during the World Cup. King Carlos always surprises with his lineups so lets see what he does this time.

Comment

I don’t get why Al Ahli took Shoja and Kanaani back?!

Comment

I don't know if this is the right thread to discuss this, but I'm surprised about the negativity of almost all people I talked to about Team Melli. I don't have many relatives and friends who have been following TM the way I have, but I'm still surprised that TM is being bashed by almost everyone these weeks and that most people either want them to not go the WC or to go and to loose every game.

The main arguments I keep hearing are:
                  1) "These players represent the IR, thus there is no way I can support them."
                  2) "People in Iran have other problems than focusing on football right now."

ad 1) I don't agree that the players represent the IR. It's obvious that except Torabi and maybe Amiri everyone has at least showed some amount of sympathy towards the protesters. Yes, we don't see many TM players being as bullish as Karimi e.g., but it's quite obvious that almost the whole squad supports the people who are fighting for freedom. These are players who have brought so much joy to us in the last WCs and wishing them all the bad luck suddenly isn't fair. It's a lack of empathy in my opinion to expect bullish "Marg bar Kh..." posts by them.
                  ad 2) This I understand. People in Iran do have bigger problems than enjoying football, but on the other hand, people are still obliged to follow their professions and thus pay taxes to the IR. Does this make them supporters of IR? In my opinion, no.

I'm interested to hear some of your thoughts, as fellow "fanatic" TM supporters.

Comment

Originally posted by Shayan_91 View Post

I'm interested to hear some of your thoughts, as fellow "fanatic" TM supporters.

Its going to depend on what happens at the World cup to be honest. Will players be showing signs of support? Will fans be chanting? Will people pour onto the streets before and after the games? People are frustrated yes and go too far to ask for banning(What will happen to Azmoun etc after all their posts) but it is a sensitive time for sure.

Remember the last time Iran played the US? Khamenei gave orders that Iran should not walk up to the US team etc. How will that play out now? Only time will tell

Comment

More photos from today's practice.

Practice result Blue 4:2 White

Last edited by St_Mark; 10-31-2022, 05:52 AM.

Comment

I don't know if this is the right thread to discuss this, but I'm surprised about the negativity of almost all people I talked to about Team Melli. I don't have many relatives and friends who have been following TM the way I have, but I'm still surprised that TM is being bashed by almost everyone these weeks and that most people either want them to not go the WC or to go and to loose every game.

ad 1) I don't agree that the players represent the IR. It's obvious that except Torabi and maybe Amiri everyone has at least showed some amount of sympathy towards the protesters. Yes, we don't see many TM players being as bullish as Karimi e.g., but it's quite obvious that almost the whole squad supports the people who are fighting for freedom. These are players who have brought so much joy to us in the last WCs and wishing them all the bad luck suddenly isn't fair. It's a lack of empathy in my opinion to expect bullish "Marg bar Kh..." posts by them.
                        ad 2) This I understand. People in Iran do have bigger problems than enjoying football, but on the other hand, people are still obliged to follow their professions and thus pay taxes to the IR. Does this make them supporters of IR? In my opinion, no.

I agree with your reasoning and find theirs unlogical. With such lazy, useless & counterproductive reasoning, I can understand why Iran is in such mess and may never reach its potential. Don't understand the need of Iranians to fk other Iranians just for the sake of it and while the latter are innocent..Azmoun and JB could become the Daei/karimi of tomorrow.

With all due respect and about 2), I also hope they won't transform into the traditional Iranian plastic fan of brazil/spain/barca instead. I also hope they aren't the ones busy these days hiding themselves while Youngs and students are doing the dirty work.

Comment

People can think what they want but they’re completely misguided and have no clue what they’re talking about.

Some of it is intentional misdirection by IR itself.
                          The rest is just people being angry and buying into social media rhetoric some fools throw their way.

Their slogans are like the people in the 80s in Iran who said we shouldn’t have birthdays, happy music, any fun… because the country was being attacked by the Iraqis.

Football obviously isn’t as important as what’s happening in Iran, but it doesn’t mean supporting it or loving it is a bad thing. You can care for our hammihans in Iran and also watch football.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

People can think what they want but they're completely misguided and have no clue what they're talking about.

Some of it is intentional misdirection by IR itself.
                            The rest is just people being angry and buying into social media rhetoric some fools throw their way.

Their slogans are like the people in the 80s in Iran who said we shouldn't have birthdays, happy music, any fun… because the country was being attacked by the Iraqis.

Football obviously isn't as important as what's happening in Iran, but it doesn't mean supporting it or loving it is a bad thing. You can care for our hammihans in Iran and also watch football.
                            Did you ever see the Kiarostami movie : "Life and nothing but"? It is a docudrama about life right after the devastating earthquake of 1990 in North of Iran. In one scene large numbers of people are gathered in a survivors camp to watch Brazil play at the concurrent WC. People can have sadness and joy at the same time.... especially if they are Iranian!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by koorosh View Post
                              Did you ever see the Kiarostami movie : "Life and nothing but"? It is a docudrama about life right after the devastating earthquake of 1990 in North of Iran. In one scene large numbers of people are gathered in a survivors camp to watch Brazil play at the concurrent WC. People can have sadness and joy at the same time.... especially if they are Iranian!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
                              Indeed I have.

What's remarkable is in that case, there were people in the Roodbar earthquake who survived simply because they were awake and watching the World Cup at the same time!

Comment

IR is scared of TM at the World Cup in Qatar.

Again, proving many of us right that TM at World Cup is bad for them and good for Iran and Iranians! So why would some Iranians want them disqualified? Bad political strategy.

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Working...
                                X