X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People any news about possible friendly games before the World Cup

Comment

Originally posted by ramingeles2000 View Post
      i've been curious about her. just saw her on bill maher on friday. what's her deal? she seems to be an ally for human rights in iran.
      Yes, an ally for human right$$$

Comment

i've been curious about her. just saw her on bill maher on friday. what's her deal? she seems to be an ally for human rights in iran.
        Khamenei today referred to what she has been saying all this time - that the removal of mandatory and forced hijab from IR Iran is the Berlin Wall that needs to happen (for Iran to progress).

The fact Khamenei specifically mentioned that should speak about the words and concepts she discusses - speaks volumes as to how tuned in she is to what's happening in Iran. Who else in the West has infiltrated the discourse and dialogue like this? Respects.

Plus, all the victims families (families in Iran of IR's victims) all speak to her and do interviews with her. Including a lot of the top activists.
        "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

yes, she is a major advocate for human rights in iran

This individual is nothing more than an opportunist. As for the idea that she brought up the discourse that hijab was IRs red line, if you couldn't figure that out without being told by masih maybe a lot of things have been going over your head...

Comment

Guys,
            This is the time to unite and not to divide!

The truth is we are all guilty one way or another for has happened to our country.

There are people among us who at some point protested against Shah's regime and supported IR.

There are people among us who sold their soul to Mojahed, Fadaiee, Communist, islamic brotherhood, Islamic Marxist Leninist, or some other vatan-forosh ideology!

There are people among us who packed and left the country, instead of staying and fighting for Iran and what they believed in.

So, do NOT think some of us are purer or better than others!

.... BUT We have learned from our mistakes. We all know now who the real evil is and we are united to get rid of it for good.

..At this point whomever that helps this movement is one of us and trust me when I say, Iranians will no longer let anyone dirty get through!

Comment

Here's my take on Masih Alinejad: Former reformist court reporter who moved to US around time of the 2009 election. She is an outspoken critic of IR, and the biggest thorn in their side for the past 8 or so years. If the IR could choose 1 person to kill right now, I am not sure if it would be Reza Pahlavi or her. In terms of her vision, she has been several steps ahead of others in her position. In terms of journalism, after the 2009 uprising she made a point of interviewing all the daghdar families and brought their voices to the forefront. Later, her activism was centered on Women's issues when there were a lot of opposition voices saying we shouldn't focus on women's issues (a waste of time) but rather focus on overthrowing IR. She was the architect of "My Stealthy Freedom" and "White Wednesdays" which were unprecedented in the history of the IR and focused on the hijab issues. Thousands and thousands of women sent her pictures and videos of their hijabless selves to be shown to each other and the world. I believe this was the seeds of the current uprising. The IR has had several well documented plots to kidnap and/or kill her. She has received protection from FBI and has had to relocate several times because the IR has found her new lodgings.

The above are all her undeniable accomplishments. She is criticized by some because of the following:
              1) She believes in overthrow of IR by any means necessary (cancelling TM matches, sanctions, and perhaps direct attacks--she seeks support of neocons).
              2) She can be "self-serving". I was turned off by her putting her name (stamp) on the videos sent from Iran.

While the above 2 are legitimate concerns, there are another series of attacks on her (which you can read on this thread) that seem baseless (that she is doing all this for money), pointless (she used to be a reformist and has a picture with so and so), or that are also tinged in or rooted in misogyny. I don't think people would be attacking her as vigorously if she was male, and most that hate her are men.

When all is said and done, up till now she has done a great service to Iran, and as Shahin Najafi says, "With all the (justified) criticism that there is of Masih Alinejad, placing her photo next to Maryam Rajavi is unfounded and the work the IR secret service. We have our differences with each other but the real enemy is the filthy Islamic Republic."

https://twitter.com/shahinnajafi80/s...26914824359936
              زن زندگی آزادی

Comment

^IR supporters are scared of Alinejad not because people see her as a leader, but because she's one of the few with a high profile abroad who can make the people's voice heard and serve as a unifying force. That ability to help unify the movement is what scares them so much. Esmailion is another figure, but they can't hit him as hard because IR killed his family. They'll look horrible going after him personally so they try to taint him by association (he was in the same continent one time with MEK!!)

I've noticed a surge of hysterical rants against Alinejad and insinuations against Esmailion from suspect accounts all over the internet. If any of you have noticed the same, the above is the reason.

Comment

Originally posted by IranFTW View Post
                  ^IR supporters are scared of Alinejad not because people see her as a leader, but because she's one of the few with a high profile abroad who can make the people's voice heard and serve as a unifying force. That ability to help unify the movement is what scares them so much. Esmailion is another figure, but they can't hit him as hard because IR killed his family. They'll look horrible going after him personally so they try to taint him by association (he was in the same continent one time with MEK!!)
                  I've noticed a surge of hysterical rants against Alinejad and insinuations against Esmailion from suspect accounts all over the internet. If any of you have noticed the same, the above is the reason.
                  I have not made a single comment about either Alinejad or Esmailion, but I think your strategy of preemptively trying to shut down anyone with an opinion different from yours, by calling them "suspect" and explaining that their reason is because they are "IR supporters" is horrible.

I hope people feel free to express any opinion they have without the fear of blindly being called suspect or IR supporter. I even hope IR supporters show up here and explain their view without fear of being shamed publicly. You can't get rid of 20%+ of Iranian population (you should not want to anyway) and best is to open a dialogue with them. The best way to win them over is to first listen to them and to understand why they feel the way they feel. I hope we eventually get a govt. that accepts IR supporters who have no blood on their hand as our brothers and sisters, just like Shah's supporters, and communism supporters, Mosadegh supporters, etc. This cycle of hating the last regime's supporters, or hate more broadly, has to end for us to have a flourishing society.

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
                    Khamenei today referred to what she has been saying all this time - that the removal of mandatory and forced hijab from IR Iran is the Berlin Wall that needs to happen (for Iran to progress).

The fact Khamenei specifically mentioned that should speak about the words and concepts she discusses - speaks volumes as to how tuned in she is to what's happening in Iran. Who else in the West has infiltrated the discourse and dialogue like this? Respects.

Plus, all the victims families (families in Iran of IR's victims) all speak to her and do interviews with her. Including a lot of the top activists.
                    I knew that all these rumors that olagh Khamenei was dead was to good to be true....

The key for this revolution to succed is that the armed forces joins the people

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
                      I have not made a single comment about either Alinejad or Esmailion, but I think your strategy of preemptively trying to shut down anyone with an opinion different from yours, by calling them "suspect" and explaining that their reason is because they are "IR supporters" is horrible.
                      IR supporters being scared of people like Alinejad and Esmailion is a *fact* widely observed by opposition on social media, especially those of us who can read Farsi. It's not a "strategy" on my or anyone else's part. No one's trying to "preemptively shut you down". Relax.

As for this painfully naive take:
                      I hope people feel free to express any opinion they have without the fear of blindly being called suspect or IR supporter. I even hope IR supporters show up here and explain their view without fear of being shamed publicly. You can't get rid of 20%+ of Iranian population (you should not want to anyway) and best is to open a dialogue with them. The best way to win them over is to first listen to them and to understand why they feel the way they feel. I hope we eventually get a govt. that accepts IR supporters who have no blood on their hand as our brothers and sisters, just like Shah's supporters, and communism supporters, Mosadegh supporters, etc. This cycle of hating the last regime's supporters, or hate more broadly, has to end for us to have a flourishing society.
                      It's crystal clear that you're very young and have spent a lot less time than some of us living in Iran and keeping up with its politics. You simply don't know what we're dealing with.

This regime did not come to power through dialogue, does not maintain its power through dialogue, and will not be overthrown through dialogue. People who think it's ok to bash a girl's head in because her hijab isn't "proper" and are ok with the kinds of atrocities you could see on this very board if you'd visit the politics section, don't give a damn about dialogue. And it's laughable and simple-minded to suggest otherwise.

Your good-boy Western liberal democratic politics mean nothing to them. They laugh at anyone who approaches them this way. In the same West where you've learned these feel-good talking points, Nazis don't benefit from such sentiments and it's now even normal to "Punch Nazis" as a standard way of communication with such types.

They literally just attacked a dorm two nights ago and brutalized a bunch of students that they weren't even sure had been involved in protests! Many of them were girls on their first day of college! They killed 1,500 protesters just two years ago in only 3 days! And you're sitting in your bedroom abroad dreaming of "diaLoGuE"??

Funny thing is liberal Iranians abroad wouldn't offer even half this much goodwill to dumb Republicans who babble about taxes and abortion and haven't committed even 0.001% as much political violence! Nice mentality.

There is no way I can reason with someone who lacks the most basic knowledge of the issue, and there's no way they can convince me with their generic talking points that don't even apply in the West to these types let alone at home. Do me a favor and put me on your ignore list. I'm already spending a lot of time on these events on social media. I can't waste any more time arguing about something this basic.

Comment

Ahlan wa Sahlan Ya Lobnan. IRI's favourite Lebanon is among the teams to play Team Melli in October or November friendly. Other two are Kuwait and UAE.

Media wrote that these were Carlos Queiroz choices. I don't believe it.

If CQ wants to have a light friendly then why not against Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Tajikistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan.

Why UAE and Lebanon, two teams that Team Melli already faced in the WCQ?!!! Kuwait would be good since Team Melli hasn't faced for many years, but other two I don't understand!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IranFTW View Post
                          IR supporters being scared of people like Alinejad and Esmailion is a *fact* widely observed by opposition on social media, especially those of us who can read Farsi. It's not a "strategy" on my or anyone else's part. No one's trying to "preemptively shut you down". Relax.
                          As for this painfully naive take:
                          It's crystal clear that you're very young and have spent a lot less time than some of us living in Iran and keeping up with its politics. You simply don't know what we're dealing with.
                          This regime did not come to power through dialogue, does not maintain its power through dialogue, and will not be overthrown through dialogue. People who think it's ok to bash a girl's head in because her hijab isn't "proper" and are ok with the kinds of atrocities you could see on this very board if you'd visit the politics section, don't give a damn about dialogue. And it's laughable and simple-minded to suggest otherwise.
                          Your good-boy Western liberal democratic politics mean nothing to them. They laugh at anyone who approaches them this way. In the same West where you've learned these feel-good talking points, Nazis don't benefit from such sentiments and it's now even normal to "Punch Nazis" as a standard way of communication with such types.
                          They literally just attacked a dorm two nights ago and brutalized a bunch of students that they weren't even sure had been involved in protests! Many of them were girls on their first day of college! They killed 1,500 protesters just two years ago in only 3 days! And you're sitting in your bedroom abroad dreaming of "diaLoGuE"??
                          Funny thing is liberal Iranians abroad wouldn't offer even half this much goodwill to dumb Republicans who babble about taxes and abortion and haven't committed even 0.001% as much political violence! Nice mentality.
                          There is no way I can reason with someone who lacks the most basic knowledge of the issue, and there's no way they can convince me with their generic talking points that don't even apply in the West to these types let alone at home. Do me a favor and put me on your ignore list. I'm already spending a lot of time on these events on social media. I can't waste any more time arguing about something this basic.
                          Bacheha, bache akhonda tarsidan. Now they want a dialogue lol 😂

Comment

Alinejad was a an intelligence ministry operative in Iran. Carried out all sorts of dirty tricks in Iran. She was dirty just like all the reformists.
                            Cheques ran out and she can to America. She’s a mercenary and openly on the state department books.

This is the same person who asks for $10,000 for her interview of Pooya Baktiari’s mother.

It’s a money making operation for her.

She in no way should be considered a leader or responsible for our people wanting freedom for 43 years.

Mods feel free to move/delete my post to the general forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                              Alinejad was a an intelligence ministry operative in Iran. Carried out all sorts of dirty tricks in Iran. She was dirty just like all the reformists.
                              Cheques ran out and she can to America. She’s a mercenary and openly on the state department books.

This is the same person who asks for $10,000 for her interview of Pooya Baktiari’s mother.

It’s a money making operation for her.

She in no way should be considered a leader or responsible for our people wanting freedom for 43 years.

Mods feel free to move/delete my post to the general forum.
                              Not only her, but also Kurds, it's interesting to see who also participate in the bribery, Ted Cruz is no surprise though.
                              https://efile.fara.gov/docs/6639-Sup...20200401-2.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post

yes, she is a major advocate for human rights in iran
                                This individual is nothing more than an opportunist. As for the idea that she brought up the discourse that hijab was IRs red line, if you couldn't figure that out without being told by masih maybe a lot of things have been going over your head...
                                Human rights does not include millions of Iranians suffering under the sanctions. Not only she advocates, lobbies and pushes for sanctions against Iranians but she also had the audacity to suggest that the U.N expert Alena Douhan's report on effects of sanctions on human rights in Iran was paid for by I.R. She has no interest even in seeing I.R fall because then no more income for her from different foreign countries.

Iran: Unilateral sanctions and overcompliance constitute serious threat to human rights and dignity – UN expert

https://www.ohchr.org/en/press-relea...s-threat-human

People like her is exactly what keeps I.R in power. People are not stupid. They know what is behind her "human rights." I guess Saudi, is a bastion for human rights.

Comment

Working...
                                X