This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
    It is either Qatar or Oman, those are the only possibilities for us.
    I can't see them facing Oman and the possible Branko-CQ drama especially right before the World Cup. No thanks. Qatar would be a safer option and a stronger opposition to prepare us.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
      Branko WON'T play CQ in a friendly and/or vice-versa.
      Good thing it is not them playing then. I do not see them having a say on this at least not Branko, we don't know about CQ

Comment

Possible opponents just based on the process of elimination for November 11th: Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, or the United Arab Emirates.

Comment

Sounds like Kuwait or Iraq to me.
          Doubt Qatar wants to play us in Tehran.
          UAE still has bad relations with us.
          Oman won't becaus of the whole Branko/CQ thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
            Sounds like Kuwait or Iraq to me.
            Doubt Qatar wants to play us in Tehran.
            UAE still has bad relations with us.
            Oman won't becaus of the whole Branko/CQ thing.
            Iraq plays Mexico on November 9th in Girona, Spain.

Comment

Iraq plays Mexico on November 9th in Girona, Spain.
              Then that makes Kuwait even more likely, no?

Comment

Comment

Good thing it is not them playing then. I do not see them having a say on this at least not Branko, we don't know about CQ
                  CQ, I believe, will not play a friendly game simply for the sake of having a game; he must find it beneficial to the team. As the final game before the World Cup, he might choose a safe and trouble-free morale booster game that is not controversial. Unless he wants to play with the Second string, it may be a risky match.

Comment

Branko WON'T play CQ in a friendly and/or vice-versa.
                    I thought branko resigned from oman?

I guess it was BS rumor created by iranian media to put team melli on more hashieh.

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                      I can't see them facing Oman and the possible Branko-CQ drama especially right before the World Cup. No thanks. Qatar would be a safer option and a stronger opposition to prepare us.
                      I hope it's Saudi but I doubt it. Nothing like an old rivalry between two WC teams to get the players hyped up.

Kateb can you call BinSalman and demand a match? Offer them free pizza for life lol

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                      Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                        I hope it's Saudi but I doubt it. Nothing like an old rivalry between two WC teams to get the players hyped up.

Kateb can you call BinSalman and demand a match? Offer them free pizza for life lol

It is unlikely that Saudi Arabia will visit Iran for a friendly game during that time period.
                        Iran is the last place they want to play a game

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
                          It is unlikely that Saudi Arabia will visit Iran for a friendly game during that time period.
                          A player injury by either team will start WWIII...

Comment

Can we just play against Macadonia in November?

Easy confidence booster, no Arab hostility, no politics.

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
                              Ya agreed. That's why I said I doubt it. I can't think of any team besides Qatar willing to play us from the Persian Gulf region.

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

It is either Qatar or Oman, those are the only possibilities for us.
                                Both will serve great as a semi-challenging final tuneup match b4 departure for WC ..!
                                CQ can use it as an important final tweaking of his traveling squad & perhaps practice match of a more open & attacking tactics? In case shitt goes south too early for his TM in WC matches or a win is needed in the US match for progress outa groups & his TM is forced to come outa it’s likely organized defensive shape ..!?( so we don’t get a repeat of that 14wc last game meltdown)

I don’t think brangoh could have too much a say if Oman FA gives the green light for the match ..! Besides that would be a golden chance for him to back up all his horseshit against CQ on the pitch ..!& same an excellent chance for rookamkoni from CQ’s perspective ..!

All that aside, I think Qatar would be the more useful test match of the two for TM, in terms of preparation for our group games ..!

Comment

Working...
                                X