X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
      Ali Karimi and Ali Daei got banned from being on TV!

Dameshoon garm. Mehdi Mahdavikia has spoken out as have countless celebrities. The discontent and camaraderie against the regime are at an all-time high. It's amazing to see.

I fear so much for the protestors though - the ones that got caught
      Ali Karimi knows they can't do anything to him. He knows he's such a huge figure and beloved that people in Iran would go to war for him.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
        The only king I want in Iran is CQ. I, for one, am done with monarchy and IR. Democracy or bust.
        dont know ..? but perhaps losely a Democracy somewhat similar to Turkish government..??
        i highly doubt a USA style of a more pure democracy would work for iran..? iranians have way too many varied heritages/cultural differences, factions ...religious/not religious ....etc...!
        besides iroonies in general are way too much of a know it all..(too many chiefs and no indians, my way is the best or hwy sorts..! ) hence very much require a Strong central gov. of sorts that they fear enough to force on into obligement .....!! like the ir/shah/ a rahter more powerful central figure Erdoğanish sorts within a losely democratic system of governing along with a constitution of sorts?

otherwise it's gonna turn into opposing forces killing each other and general chaos ..? breakup of the country regions perhaps..?? or an absolute clusterfk similar to Libya/afganistan ..??

Comment

could you show us the link to the video? thx!

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post

Man it seems cold In Austria. I wonder how much prep the weather will impact give we are laying in a warm WC.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
            Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
              Comments of Marijo Tot published in Euro press regarding his (and Skocic') dismissal

'Well, two weeks have already passed, but we still can't sort out the impressions. All this hit us hard, because we invested so much effort, energy and knowledge. Helped them in a rather hopeless situation, when many had already crossed them. And we managed to take them to the World Cup, and as a reward we got fired"

'Yes, they stated that the problem was indiscipline. But I ask anyone who has worked in football, or in any sport, how could we get such a homogenous team with indiscipline, which recorded 15 wins, two draws and one loss in 18 games when we had already secured an appearance at the World Cup. that is, in a completely unimportant match. These are banal reasons.'

'As we can see, they can do everything. We have a contract until June 2023, that is, we have secured Iran's appearance at the Asian Games, which is the equivalent of the European Championship. So the Portuguese Carlos Queiroz will have a comfortable situation after others have done the work for him. The hardest part.'

'It is ongoing, we are in the process of coming to terms. Actually, this is a bizarre situation, we are very disappointed. We can only imagine what it was like for Vahi (op.a., Halilhodžić), to whom it happened three times. However, this is modern football, coaches are expendable goods, they work with a lot of stress and under a lot of pressure, and a lot of things do not depend only on them, that is, on us. And we simply have to accept that.'

"Everything is still fresh, we just parted ways, but we will settle scores with Iran." But these results of ours will open many doors for us, because this success resonated not only in Asia, but also in Europe. I repeat, there remains a great regret, because we came with a great ambition to take Iran to the World Cup, all of us with Skočić at the head, in the end we achieved that and deserved it with hard work and great will, but now we didn't get the chance. They took away our dream. Because opportunities like this don't come around many times in life. Honestly, I've already experienced some big disappointments, so it didn't 'set me back' that much, but Skočić is very disappointed, this was a hard blow for him. But life goes on', concluded Tot, adding that he went to look for peace by our beautiful sea.

https://www.tportal.hr/sport/clanak/...nalni-20220921
              Answer to the question Adel posed to CQ which he deferred to Skocics camp. Is there fairness in football?

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
              ^ They seem very butthurt. Oh, get over it already you snowflakes! Queiroz qualified South Africa to the World Cup and didn't coach them because he got accused of racism in his team's selections!
              And as he stated to Adel it still hurts him to this day.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
              Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                dont know ..? but perhaps losely a Democracy somewhat similar to Turkish government..??
                i highly doubt a USA style of a more pure democracy would work for iran..? iranians have way too many varied heritages/cultural differences, factions ...religious/not religious ....etc...!
                besides iroonies in general are way too much of a know it all..(too many chiefs and no indians, my way is the best or hwy sorts..! ) hence very much require a Strong central gov. of sorts that they fear enough to force on into obligement .....!! like the ir/shah/ a rahter more powerful central figure Erdoğanish sorts within a losely democratic system of governing along with a constitution of sorts?
                otherwise it's gonna turn into opposing forces killing each other and general chaos ..? breakup of the country regions perhaps..?? or an absolute clusterfk similar to Libya/afganistan ..??
                I used to be a big fan of democracy. Called myself a "liberal democrat" for years. Today I realize it's mostly a sham. The best system for any country is a strong, benevolent, competent, patriotic central government. The problem with IR is it's missing the "benevolent", "competent" and "patriotic" parts!

A system that works fine in one country can result in total chaos in another. I used to be naive and think that what works in Sweden and Norway can work in Iran. It simply can't. An ideal system in Iran would be pretty much the last ten years of Pahlavi. It was as close to a meritocracy as Iran ever had. People forget monarchies turned Iran into a super power not once but FOUR different times. Democracy in Iran will never work. I even think an attempt to "democratize" Iran will result in complete separation of at least 3 different regions. Not because the people themselves want to, but because there are too many loopholes for subversives to exploit.

The best system for Iran is either a revival of a Pahlavi style monarchy or a monarchy-pretending-to-be-a-republic such as Singapore under Lee Kuan Yew.

Comment

According to Nabi, TM will host a friendly game against a Persian Gulf country on November 11 (20 Aban) in Tehran.

شبهای فوتبالی/ محمدنبی: بازیکنان تیم ملی هر هفته دو تا سه روز در اردوی تیم ملی حاضر خواهند بود

Last edited by St_Mark; 09-21-2022, 12:18 PM.

Comment

According to Nabi, TM will host a friendly game against a Persian Gulf country on November 11 (20 Aban) in Tehran.

شبهای فوتبالی/ محمدنبی: بازیکنان تیم ملی هر هفته دو تا سه روز در اردوی تیم ملی حاضر خواهند بود
                    Persian Gulf: The countries that surround the Persian Gulf are: Bahrain, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates.

Comment

The team is in good spirits. This is positive. It is a team sports anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                        Yes, CQ changed the team, but I would argue the spine of the 2014 era team was better than what we have now. I would take Seyed Jalal, Ando and Nekounam, any day over what we have right now.
                        I think the main advantage of the 2014 squad was the Ando-Nekounam combo that was head and shoulders above anything we have now. I'd also take Pouladi over Nourafkan and Milad. In defense, I'm fine with Kanani-Hosseini. I think they'll do fine compared to Jalal/Sadeghi pairing of 2014.

Having said that, we are definitely better in certain positions. Moharami is a better RB, and our forwards can't even be compared. In terms of quality and experience we've never had a pair like Azmoun/Taremi. In 98, Daei and Aziz had barely one season in Bundesliga under their belt. In 2014, Gucci was only worth 1mil and had no Champions League or even Europa League experience. This is by far our best and most experienced striking partnership ever.

As for the loss against Lebanon, the 2014 team was still in the formative stages when we played that match in 2012. Gucci and Dejagah weren't even there yet. Lebanon was also a completely different team at home back then. A few months before playing us they had defeated South Korea in the same stadium and then tied them there a few months later. In the final rounds of those qualifiers, they only lost 1 of 7 home games. We still beat them 4-0 in the home leg.

Comment

According to Mahdi, PGL will stop after W12 (November 4), and TM training will begin on November 5 (13 Aban) following the Persepolis-Esteghlal match.
                          (Aside from unexpected delays))

Comment

It is either Qatar or Oman, those are the only possibilities for us.

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
                              Branko WON'T play CQ in a friendly and/or vice-versa.

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
                                Because the game is in Iran and there were such talks during Sko's tenure, I believe Oman or Qatar (in that order).

Comment

Working...
                                X