Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was watching all the 2018 wc games again and man the work rate of Milad Mohammadi was amazing. What happened to him? Amiri and Ebrahimi also worked so hard. If MM was able to play well it would practically solve our LB problem and put Nourafkhan on the bench

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
      I was watching all the 2018 wc games again and man the work rate of Milad Mohammadi was amazing. What happened to him? Amiri and Ebrahimi also worked so hard. If MM was able to play well it would practically solve our LB problem and put Nourafkhan on the bench
      Prime Milad is the only left back who could handle the opponents but he needs a miracle or magic beans to return to his peak level

At his best he was in my opinion the finest full back defensively we have had for a long time (although he has never been good in attack)

As it stands, Neco Williams, Pulisic, Sterling etc.... are going to tear a new one out of Noorafkan or whoever takes that spof

Comment

Milad being out of form has thrown the whole team out of balance. None of the other potential LBs are any good and Amiri is probably the only one who could handle World Cup level opponents.
        If Amiri plays LB though we will suffer at DM as Ezatollahi is doing nothing right now and I’m not even sure if selected Ebrahimi will be able to match 2018 form.

Comment

I agree totally. Did he lose his confidence? A coach worth his salt would be doing everything possible to get him back to full form. The athleticism he has would be perfect against US/Wales

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
          Prime Milad is the only left back who could handle the opponents but he needs a miracle or magic beans to return to his peak level

At his best he was in my opinion the finest full back defensively we have had for a long time (although he has never been good in attack)

As it stands, Neco Williams, Pulisic, Sterling etc.... are going to tear a new one out of Noorafkan or whoever takes that spof

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
            Milad being out of form has thrown the whole team out of balance. None of the other potential LBs are any good and Amiri is probably the only one who could handle World Cup level opponents.
            If Amiri plays LB though we will suffer at DM as Ezatollahi is doing nothing right now and I’m not even sure if selected Ebrahimi will be able to match 2018 form.
            Eza in 2018 was also very fit. It's a shame

The whole team maybe minus Azmoun was in peak physical form

Comment

Skocic tests positive for covid again

Wish him a speedy recovery

Comment

R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
                  Skocic tests positive for covid again

Wish him a speedy recovery

Denied by IFF.

Comment

The Guardian picking up on the slow motion car crash:

https://www.theguardian.com/football...squad-acrimony

Comment

Originally posted by zereshk-ali View Post
                      The Guardian picking up on the slow motion car crash:

https://www.theguardian.com/football...squad-acrimony
                      For every week which passes, I'm more and more certain it will be 0 points in Qatar, 0 goals scored and a 6-tai in a least one of the games..

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                        For every week which passes, I'm more and more certain it will be 0 points in Qatar, 0 goals scored and a 6-tai in a least one of the games..
                        I start to think it will the opposite. All these mess burst, it may be a fresh start, with everybody underrating us and we will be set for a big upset

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                          I start to think it will the opposite. All these mess burst, it may be a fresh start, with everybody underrating us and we will be set for a big upset
                          Let’s not fool ourselves mate. All teams are playing (quality) friendlies left and right, having well prepared camps and clear plans, meanwhile IR team (as usual) needs to do the exact opposite in every field possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                            Let’s not fool ourselves mate. All teams are playing (quality) friendlies left and right, having well prepared camps and clear plans, meanwhile IR team (as usual) needs to do the exact opposite in every field possible.
                            It was more or less the same story the previous time. This time we have more legionnaires and better club than last time, they will get ready through it.
                            Our pgl clubs hired better players and coach too, so I guess they will work well too.
                            Sure it's not like England with their top players everywhere but the two others aren't brazil or France.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                              Denied by IFF.
                              Correct, looks like it was fake news. Haram Shiralizadeh deleted the tweet earlier

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                                It was more or less the same story the previous time. This time we have more legionnaires and better club than last time, they will get ready through it.
                                Our pgl clubs hired better players and coach too, so I guess they will work well too.
                                Sure it's not like England with their top players everywhere but the two others aren't brazil or France.
                                I hope you are correct. I hope we do shock the world.

However, I would like you (or anyone here) to provide a convincing argument, with logical analysis, explaining how we are not the worst team in our group. Heck, don't even including coaching; just go down the likely starters on the roster(s), and make player-to-player comparisons. We're not even on par with Wales with regards to talent, and for the record, I think Wales is underrated; I predict they will upset the USA squad.

I do think we have the best striker pair in the group, but it's not going to matter because they won't see much of the ball, especially against USA and England.

If we include coaching and preparation via friendlies, I can't see us finishing anywhere other than fourth. Love or hate Skocic, he is our coach. I'll support him and the team, but if he doesn't start the best players at their respective positions from here on-out, I have no doubt that we will have no chemistry. Enough with the nonsensical experiments he is running; we don't have time.

Comment

Working...
                                X