This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
    Well that doesn't bode well. Will he ask them if they approve of his lineup and game plan as well in future?

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    Nekonam would be wiser not to do it since it would be viewed as an improper act.
    Since Skocic and Nekonam are both employed, any action taken without a written request from the IFF will be viewed as improper and may even be reported to the discipline committee.
    Skocic is the TM coach up till his removal.

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
      Meetings will be formalities and designed to avoid the impression of impropriety if a decision has already been reached as a result of external pressure.
      4 out of 7 TC members voted to have a domestic coach, however the decision was not unanimous.
      So from what I understand yesterday vote was 4-3, but you need to have 8 present??? Today no news, so likely 4-4 and Skocic not fired and lives to see another khar to khar day????

https://www.varzesh3.com/news/183327...86%DB%8C%DA%86
      زن زندگی آزادی

Comment

This whole saga is so full of crap that from any angle you look at it you just conclude TM will be tourists in Qatar and will suffer 3 defeats with possible an embarrassing one. For example if you look at it from the players angle, you see they are quite relieved from any expectation of doing well at the finals. They have plenty excuse to be beaten by all three teams in the group. It makes you wonder!! Are Taremi and Jahanbaksh so so stupid and thick they don't understand what even a 10-year-old TM fan understand that no one is able to turn a TM with quite a lot of problems from the goal to defence and midfield into a team that could beat USA and Wales, let alone England, in just a camp of two weeks before the finals? Or are they so clever that they thought we just fuck this up so no one would blame us for failing to deliver? But whichever you look at it, the players are the sole beneficiary of this sabotage started by the enemies, spread by fans of TM and finished off by an incompetent corrupt IFF. As I said this whole thing is just a fucked up saga and for me as a TM fan, I have already written off any hope and chance we had and accepted that the best we can achieve is a draw and two losses at the finals no matter who is sitting in the chair.
        هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
        نگاه میکنید.
        sigpic
        I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by bozghaleh View Post
          So from what I understand yesterday vote was 4-3, but you need to have 8 present??? Today no news, so likely 4-4 and Skocic not fired and lives to see another khar to khar day????

https://www.varzesh3.com/news/183327...86%DB%8C%DA%86
          No.
          At yesterday's TC meeting, it was decided to reject Skocic and recommend hiring an Iranian coach on a 4-3 vote.
          In the event that the board did not choose to hire an Iranian coach, they also supplied the name of aforeign coaches ( they mention Branko but leave off Carlos).
          A face-to-face discussion with Skocic took place at IFF today to discuss TM-related topics, including the reasons why the TC voted against him. It wasn't on the agenda to decide to have him removed.
          The Board will convene once more to decide whether to preserve or end Skocic's contract.
          Last edited by St_Mark; 07-12-2022, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Thanks, I get it, so at least on paper Skocic is still the coach for now!
            زن زندگی آزادی

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
              Well that doesn't bode well. Will he ask them if they approve of his lineup and game plan as well in future?

Well if im honest if i was Javad i would do the same, you have to be realistic and see the whole thing, he is no CQ to come and take over like a boss, in this case he did the best

Comment

Skocic departs from Iran tonight After today's meeting with the board of directors of the Iranian Football Federation, the Croat head coach is departing for his native country.
                Mr. Skocic made the decision to return early and will be back on July 21.

Comment

Another vacation?

Comment

No.
                    At yesterday's TC meeting, it was decided to reject Skocic and recommend hiring an Iranian coach on a 4-3 vote.
                    In the event that the board did not choose to hire an Iranian coach, they also supplied the name of aforeign coaches ( they mention Branko but leave off Carlos).
                    A face-to-face discussion with Skocic took place at IFF today to discuss TM-related topics, including the reasons why the TC voted against him. It wasn't on the agenda to decide to have him removed.
                    The Board will convene once more to decide whether to preserve or end Skocic's contract.
                    Why wasn't it on the agenda? They knew the TC was meeting on Monday and would either recommend to keep or remove him. The TC itself has stated that they were asked to convene by the Board.

So when every day counts and you still need to find and negotiate with a new coach, why would your agenda for the next day not include making a final decision about your current coach?

This is clown show.

Comment

Originally posted by Navid H View Post
                      Why wasn't it on the agenda? They knew the TC was meeting on Monday and would either recommend to keep or remove him. The TC itself has stated that they were asked to convene by the Board.
                      So when every day counts and you still need to find and negotiate with a new coach, why would your agenda for the next day not include making a final decision about your current coach?
                      This is clown show.
                      There are two separate problems and processes.
                      Today's board meeting was to evaluate the TC report, and it was decided that Skocic would respond to any pertinent queries or issues.

There are other reasons for termination than TC reports.
                      The board must take into account additional variables, such as the financial implications and how this decision—despite producing respectable results—will be interpreted as political pressure from the government.
                      IFF must pay for a new coach in addition to settling with all of Skocic's Croat assistants in order to fire him. They've thought about Skocic suing them as well.

If Skocic asserts that he was sacked due to government pressure despite producing acceptable results and that the IFF committee's description of him as an unqualified coach has damaged his reputation, he is in a good position. It's difficult to avoid calling it government involvement when Rahbar, the president, and a minister got involved in this matter.

In order to terminate him, IFF must take caution.

Comment

Skocic departs from Iran tonight After today's meeting with the board of directors of the Iranian Football Federation, the Croat head coach is departing for his native country.
                        Mr. Skocic made the decision to return early and will be back on July 21.
                        I dont understand , why is he returning ? Do they say stay coach untill we found someone new ???

Comment

Originally posted by Mahsaa View Post
                          I dont understand , why is he returning ? Do they say stay coach untill we found someone new ???
                          According to some officials he has not been fired.

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by Mahsaa View Post

He will be on vacation till July 21. He only returned for one day to take part in an urgent meeting.

Comment

Coaches of the U7, U19, and U23 age groups should take note that results matter and that they must defend their records now that the IFF technical committee has gained authority and their view is now considered to be valid.

Comment

My speculation is this that they will try to drag this out a bit more, have more meetings with Skocic and then fire him.

They want the decorum that they fired him because of ineptitude and not being able to impress with his plans; rather than fire him because of external gov't forces (which is against FIFA laws).

So we have to wait out this charade a few more weeks.
                                "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Working...
                                X