WC22 TM's preparation and friendlies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
    I don't know man - we have now gone to the World Cup three straight times but we struggle to get friendlies.

I hope you're right. I just wish we can get friendlies as easy as some nations who aren't even in the World Cup! A lot of these are based on diplomatic relations that go beyond football. And that definitely affects us.

I hope the Uruguay match goes through but Majedi has weirdly not confirmed it yet (even though UFA did). If it was to happen, these IFF people would be promoting how they did great work - as Majedi seems to want to run for IFF president at the end of August. So he can claim some sort of victory to his presidential run that he can get great friendlies for TM if need be.
    I'll pose an honest question. Since many pundits still think we play a defense first game could it be teams are not interested in playing us because we might not test them as much offensively given our last 2 WC performances?

Many teams want to examine the lineup from d to o...and might feel TM just wont give them that option? Just a thought since I notice western sports media continue to discuss our stingy defense and never mention anything else about our playing style...

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
      I don't know man - we have now gone to the World Cup three straight times but we struggle to get friendlies.

I hope you're right. I just wish we can get friendlies as easy as some nations who aren't even in the World Cup! A lot of these are based on diplomatic relations that go beyond football. And that definitely affects us.

I hope the Uruguay match goes through but Majedi has weirdly not confirmed it yet (even though UFA did). If it was to happen, these IFF people would be promoting how they did great work - as Majedi seems to want to run for IFF president at the end of August. So he can claim some sort of victory to his presidential run that he can get great friendlies for TM if need be.
      If Iran somehow beats Wales and/or the US in the World cup... did Team Melli do it? IFF? Skocic? Israel? John Cena? These things are about perception, and as Team Melli fans our only concern should be that that our team wins and the steps that make us win are repeated to ensure further winning.

Comment

Such a pity, TM will not be able to play friendly matches with the following since they already arranged friendlies.

🇲🇽 Mexico: Paraguay (Aug 31), Peru (Sep 24), Colombia (Sep 27), Iraq (Nov 9), Sweden (Nov 16)

🇨🇴 Colombia: Guatemala (Sep 24), Mexico (Sep 27)

🇪🇨 Ecuador: Saudi Arabia (Sep 23), Japan (Sep 27)

🇦🇺 Australia: home and away vs 🇳🇿 New Zealand on Sep 22 & Sep 25.

🇬🇹 Guatemala: Colombia (Sep 24), Honduras (Sep 27)

Also the following teams have at least one friendly booked.

🇵🇪 Peru: Mexico (Sep 27)
        🇭🇳 Honduras: Guatemala (Sep 27)

Some teams have booked friendlies for November such as
        🇭🇷 Croatia: Saudi Arabia (Nov 16)
        🇸🇪 Sweden: Mexico (Nov 16)
        🇵🇦 Panama: Saudi Arabia (Nov 10)
        🇮🇸 Iceland: Saudi Arabia (Nov 6)

So what are possible/affordable CONCACAF/CONMEBOL/UEFA quality teams left/available for September FIFA dates?
        🇺🇾 Uruguay
        🇨🇷 Costa Rica
        🇨🇱 Chile
        🇵🇾 Paraguay
        🇻🇪 Venezuela
        🇧🇴 Bolivia
        🇵🇦 Panama
        🇸🇻 El Salvador
        🇮🇸 Iceland
        🇯🇲 Jamaica
        🇹🇹 Trinidad & Tobago
        Last edited by Rooyintan; 07-09-2022, 05:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post

It seems that Mexico have chose Iraq as their preparation match for Saudi Arabia.
          LOL, those khengollahs used an Egypt flag.
          Iraq does not even have a coach!!! But then again, Iraq (IRI's masters) has tons of money.

Comment

Wow, fair play to Iraq.

Mexico friendly would have been fantastic for Iran

Comment

Eurosport has listed on their site, friendly match between Team Melli and Uruguay on 23 Sep and Qatar vs Uruguay on 27 Sep.

https://www.eurosport.com/football/i...r-result.shtml

So if everything goes well, Team Melli needs to arrange a second friendly hopefully a quality opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by rooyintan View Post
                Eurosport has listed on their site, friendly match between Team Melli and Uruguay on 23 Sep and Qatar vs Uruguay on 27 Sep.

https://www.eurosport.com/football/i...r-result.shtml

So if everything goes well, Team Melli needs to arrange a second friendly hopefully a quality opponent.

Does Paraguay count?

Comment

Does Paraguay count?
                  why we dont play friendlies in november like other teams will?
                  when cq cms i see us playing one in november as well.

Comment

Does Paraguay count?
                    Absolutely. If it happens, that would wonderful.

Comment

Does Paraguay count?
                      Canada will play Paraguay in September in Europe

https://old.reddit.com/r/CanadaSocce..._in_september/

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Originally posted by Team Melli Fan View Post

Remember is september 23 and 27

Comment

Originally posted by Team Melli Fan View Post

Canada has confirmed it will play friendlies on September 23 against Qatar and September 27 against Uruguay:

Comment

It would be hilarious if Canada is our other friendly opponent in Austria.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                              It would be hilarious if Canada is our other friendly opponent in Austria.
                              They are trolling us setting up similar camp. Would not want to play them at all. Would rather sue them!

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                              Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Uruguay and Paraguay are excellent friendlies. Lock it in!

Wonder if we can get a lower ranked team as a warm-up for November. Might be a good time to call up Uzbekistan or Belarus.

Players are released on the 14th, our first game is the 21st. A warm-up on the 16th would be ideal.

Comment

Working...
                                X