Discuss Group B here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shantaram View Post
    Sorry to say this, but how can you even focus on football when you know there is a genocide going on in Iran? I am a huge football fan and I have never missed WC in my life, but right now I boycotted the WC and just listen on news coming from Iran and trying to help my people the best I can. TM Melli should blame theirselves that the majority of Iranian people are against them. The meeting with the murderous Raisi that happened was their fall. Bowing for child murderer, thanking him for the invitation! I don’t really care about what result they will get now or if they advance, couldn’t care less. The only thing I care about is the ongoing revolution in Iran and we will succeed and be free from this murderous regime once for all ✌🏻❤️
    yes, you're better than us.
    We are all Raisi's advisors. None of us care about Iranian people.

Now since you dont' care so much, why are you posting here?

Comment

Originally posted by orbicular View Post

Perhaps Team Melli could use these words by Leo Messi as a source of inspiration, even though our players have to deal with more than just tactics and injuries:

There are no excuses. We are going to be more united than ever. This group is strong, and we have shown it...Now we have to show that this is a real group.

A 6-2 loss translates into a 4-0 loss. There's no humiliation in that, especially when you have to deal with waves of external issues on a daily basis, something that no other team has had to deal with. That, in addition to the most unfortunate injury during the game. Germany lost 6-0 to Spain a few yeras ago; Brazil was also thrashed by Germany in the last world cup, giving up 7 goals. Neither team had to deal with outside pressures exerted on Iranian players today.

The irony is that, if they qualify for the round of 16, which is entirely possible if they are in the right mindset, the very same people who are demonizing and belittling them will change their tune and embrace the team again--at least some of them. Perhaps Team Melli can play to reach that pinnacle for the silent ones, to alleviate the pain and suffering of those in Iran who have to struggle to make ends meet on a daily basis, to put a fleeting smile on their pained faces.

Let's hope they succeed.
      Well Germany lost 6/0 in a meaningless friendly. Brazil and Germany lost big some times but they also did amazing thing on other games.
      We lost big and we also have many bad results in wc

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

yes, you're better than us.
        We are all Raisi's advisors. None of us care about Iranian people.

Now since you dont' care so much, why are you posting here?

Because I felt I needed to talk about how I feel and think. And more interesting how you guys can be so careless and supporting the team that are playing for the regime and not for the people?

Comment

Because I felt I needed to talk about how I feel and think. And more interesting how you guys can be so careless and supporting the team that are playing for the regime and not for the people?
          I told you, you are better than us.
          We are monsters.

You are the winner.

Comment

Costa rica got murdered 7-0 by spain.... @ least we dont go out owning the worst beat down in this WC ..!

spain team looked young AF ... hardly recognized any of them... did they bring their U23? Still playing the best Tiki Taka in da business..!

Comment

Jesus effing christ I literally cannot believe there are iranians still spreading this nonsense.

1) Ghoddos literally said just before the world cup said that the iranian people are fighting for freedom and that there needs to be a change

2) Haj safi literally referenced the death of Kian Pirfalak and said the team is with the people in a press conference

3) the players kneeled before the game after the kneel for mahsa campaign got popular (although we don't know if these two are directly connected but i dont think its crazy to assume they are connected)

4) The players refused to sing the anthem despite Khamenei literally explicitly saying that anyone not singing the anthem is a bad person

Honest question: wtf do you want? What is it exactly that you want the players to do, recognizing that they are literally followed by IRGC thugs at these games and these same thugs know where their families live? It is so easy to be comfy in the west and ask the players to take risks that we ourselves are not willing to take.

Also before you bring up the bowing pictures, here is the video from the meeting which shows how badly misinterpreted those photos were: https://twitter.com/EsteghlalFC_En/s...2O8xYdunjuQ​
              The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. ~Edward R. Murrow

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post

Well Germany lost 6/0 in a meaningless friendly. Brazil and Germany lost big some times but they also did amazing thing on other games.
                We lost big and we also have many bad results in wc
                Germany has done "amazing" things because they happen to be in a continent where modern football was invented; they have lots of money and spend big on infrastructure and development. They also have a government that provides resources but refrains from interference. All of that along with talent. Iran only has the last item on the list. (And you can't blame the players for the absence of the other elements.) Brazil has resources and immesurable amount of talent. That is why they've been getting outstanding results over the years.

Comment

Sorry to say this, but how can you even focus on football when you know there is a genocide going on in Iran? I am a huge football fan and I have never missed WC in my life, but right now I boycotted the WC and just listen on news coming from Iran and trying to help my people the best I can. TM Melli should blame theirselves that the majority of Iranian people are against them. The meeting with the murderous Raisi that happened was their fall. Bowing for child murderer, thanking him for the invitation! I don’t really care about what result they will get now or if they advance, couldn’t care less. The only thing I care about is the ongoing revolution in Iran and we will succeed and be free from this murderous regime once for all ✌🏻❤️

Your boycott of WC is so going to cause a government change in Iran! Good job!

Comment

if you care soooo much, why dont YOU fk right off to iran and join the fking movement,?
                    how about PRACTICING WHAT YOU PREACH..!! ?? ha ?

Comment

Sorry to say this, but how can you even focus on football when you know there is a genocide going on in Iran? I am a huge football fan and I have never missed WC in my life, but right now I boycotted the WC and just listen on news coming from Iran and trying to help my people the best I can. TM Melli should blame theirselves that the majority of Iranian people are against them. The meeting with the murderous Raisi that happened was their fall. Bowing for child murderer, thanking him for the invitation! I don't really care about what result they will get now or if they advance, couldn't care less. The only thing I care about is the ongoing revolution in Iran and we will succeed and be free from this murderous regime once for all ✌🏻❤️
                      Anyone who says the team bowed are just fooling themselves. See below link.

Cheshmi just acknowledges the room full of claps his honor ad a thank you. He is bowing to no one. This is a controversy spread by Saudi International and agenda based misguided select few.

https://twitter.com/EsteghlalFC_En/s...tj-9XM7yxYMSig

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Why are you being careless and focusing on a group of athletes when the real targets we should have for the regime live in cozy homes in your diaspora neighborhood and steal the countrys money? If we want to get 'holier than thou', I go to every protest abroad without a mask, without a hat, or sunglasses, and have been posted to heavily followed accounts for it and identified already, confirmed by family who saw the posts in Iran. What have you done in your comfort? Don't ask others to take a risk you are not willing to take yourself.

Stick to football discussion here. That's the name of the forum and some of our footballers are definitely supporting the people.

Comment

The foolish bashing of the team is truly astounding. The divide and conquer in full dispaly. It never fails.

Comment

If you cannot distinguish between a football forum and a therapy session, then you've got bigger issues than I thought.

Honestly, exactly what purpose is your post supposed to serve besides the fact that it's intended to make us feel guilty about rooting for TM?

I can't even wrap my brain around this type of fucked up mentality. Get a life!
                            This Color
                            Italy, EsEs, Chelsea, Lakers

Comment

I have a sneaky feeling quiroz put that type of lineup on purpose since he knew we would not win.
                              He was saving the main lineup for wales and usa.
                              Just my thoughts!!

Comment

Originally posted by hasan View Post
                                I have a sneaky feeling quiroz put that type of lineup on purpose since he knew we would not win.
                                He was saving the main lineup for wales and usa.
                                Just my thoughts!!
                                That’s my suspicion too. He’s way too smart & seasoned of a coach to not realize our lineups vs Uruguay and Senegal were VASTLY better.

I think he played to lose to not burn out or risk injuries to our starters. But he definitely did not expect us get scored on 6 times?

He clearly overestimated his lineup. If we see another bad starting lineup against Wales, I expect another loss….

Comment

Working...
                                X