No announcement yet.

WC Qatar 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Costa Rica in worse position than us. 0-7 against Spain.

Comment

If people are happy with Costa Rica getting handled, reconsider how sad it is to be Iranian we have to be happy with their bigger loss. Makes the 1979 occupation even a bigger contrast, chi boodim chi shodim.

Comment

Originally posted by persian8iran View Post
        Iran and Costa Rica match shows when the quality difference between teams can end in disaster. But Saudi and Japan matches shows that a good planning, physical preparation and discipline it is possible to surprise the world
        the only thing IR will ever surprise with is the rebirth of Hossein. must be possible with 43 years of theft and investment.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

It's not a one day plan.
          It will take years.

Education is a key part of it as well. We need good youth coaches. Not just people who want to coach the main squad.

PP and SS are always going to be a dream club for our youth. It's not a negative.

What I am talking about is making sure we have a large number of educated (footballwise), technically capable youth players (ages 12-19). As long as they are capable on the basics, we can build! We don't need to always have the most talented players.
          just to add that it’s not a one day plan.

I am an old dude. When I was young and going to school in Iran, physical education was once a week, for approximately 1 hour. The same teacher that was in charge of math was also in charge of physical education… if the idea of physical education is the same in Iran and the same as it was before, then do we really expect that we can develop players via grassroots path? Don’t get me wrong, the country has so many problems, but I hope they are getting PE correct in schools now.

Comment

Canada is full of confidence against belgium... #yesweCAN is trending

Iranians wanna score on themself vs wales

HAHAHa why do I even care, Im only half persian. God this culture is cursed ! wish i could stop caring about Iran some how. Always a victim and looser mentality.
            WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
              Well done Japan, they won the coaches half.

Japan shouldn't be compared to any other team in Asia. Even if they struggle in qualifiers (remember they lost to Oman), they have 30 + years of solid proper planning. Focusing on youth. Having a league with standards they don't compromise on. Constant education. A clear vision. Not importing garbage players for dallals to make a quick buck. Encouraging growth. True professionalism from top down.
              They also stuck with their coach. This same coach that they're all praising now, was hated by their fans - but look what he did.

Same with Renard in Saudi, there were rumors he was going to get fired after they looked poor in all their friendlies, but for once Saudis didn't rush!

Vision, consistency, education, funding... all of these take priority over individual units.
              Dadash, what Japan has done is unmatched. I remember Japan being a really weak team in the early 90s. But in Japan there was a lot of organisation and planning, when it was clear that they were going to host the Asian Cup in 1992, they put in a gigantic programme to professionalise Japanese football. In total, the state has invested over 1.5 billion dollars in the development of Japanese football since then!

1. Japan has understood well that they need to build their own football and not to attract old stars in a big way, but to develop their own talents.

2. they built a system analogous to baseball where every school in all of Japan has a team and they compete in regional tournaments. The winners then play in a tournament of the best schools in Japan in football. This system has existed in Japan since the 1970s.

3. from 1992, they professionalised their league, after their triumph in the Asia Cup, and together with the big zaibatsus and other big companies, they built a league that finally made use of the talent pool of the schools' youth teams.

4. in the run-up to the big football offensive, Japan activated all its soft power, they produced many football anime for calculation, Captain Tsubasa, Ganbare Kickers and many more, this created a huge football euphoria in Japan in the 80s. Exactly in the 80s, for the first time, more boys and girls played football in Japan than baseball, at the time when Tsubasa Ozora went viral.

That's an incredible development!

And then there's Iran, Akbar Ghasab was our secret weapon.
              No, seriously, if Iran were that organised, we would really be an remarkable team. If you're honest, I'm amazed that we're so good despite being so disorganised.​

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post

I don't agree, KSA and Japan have plently money to spend on their league and have relation with the world. They even own clubs in Europe! In comparison the few iranians having good position in Europe do jack shit for our football, except Charleroi.
                Baba it's not all about money only. Of course it does matter but you need to know how to spend and on what. Look at Qatar. Do you think Qatar have more money than Japan? Don't you think that Ecuador was the weakest team among all teams Asian teams have met so far? I mean Argentina, Germany...

Comment

Originally posted by Essi View Post

Baba it's not all about money only. Of course it does matter but you need to know how to spend and on what. Look at Qatar. Do you think Qatar have more money than Japan? Don't you think that Ecuador was the weakest team among all teams Asian teams have met so far? I mean Argentina, Germany...
                  Qatar population is very small, and a good amount of it are expat and South East asian migrants. The pool of population is quite reduced compared to Japan and KSA.
                  Also japan and KSA started their history with football in 1998 and in 1994, maybe even before. That's earlier than qatar.

There isnt a strong footballing culture and passion in qatar either. We all saw it when half the stadium got empty after their concede the 2nd goal and at half time.

Comment

Well, Iran no longer the worst thrashing victim. We were supplanted by costa rica lol

Comment

Let Belgium destroy Canada for messing with us

Comment

wow .... canada in all attack mode against Belgium
                        “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

clear penalty for canada
                          “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Wow Canada! Shame we got screwed out of a friendly. Every underdog is performing!

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Their goofy ahh keeper is not wearing his pajamas today

Comment

Alfanso Shit-vis couldn’t score, lol

Comment

Working...
                                X