WC Qatar 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
    Seems like world club cup in 2025 will be with 32 teams. So probably 4-5 from Asia.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk
    Infantino destroyed the world cup with 48 teams but his club world cup has the ideal number : 32.
    I hope that each club should come from different countries

Comment

I have been watching replays of Iran games in World Cup and I have to say, it was a TOTAL DISASTER no matter how you look at it! The Number 1 rated Asian team looked like they don't belong there!

There was no motivation, energy, excitement, real game plan/tactics and for whatever that was there, our players were unable to execute and deliver what was expected of them. Even our coaching staff appeared to be out of touch with the team and unable to formulate proper team selection and arrangement as it was evident from the very start.

I recognize the external circumstances played a major role in how this team performed. May be it would have been wise to just stay out and focus on the country than football.

Now, there is 5 months left to Asian Cup, and I expect the same pattern of mismanagement, and leaving things to the last minute to continue.

There is really no hope for our football for as long as the criminals are ruling out beloved nation.

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
        I have been watching replays of Iran games in World Cup and I have to say, it was a TOTAL DISASTER no matter how you look at it! The Number 1 rated Asian team looked like they don't belong there!

There was no motivation, energy, excitement, real game plan/tactics and for whatever that was there, our players were unable to execute and deliver what was expected of them. Even our coaching staff appeared to be out of touch with the team and unable to formulate proper team selection and arrangement as it was evident from the very start.

I recognize the external circumstances played a major role in how this team performed. May be it would have been wise to just stay out and focus on the country than football.

Now, there is 5 months left to Asian Cup, and I expect the same pattern of mismanagement, and leaving things to the last minute to continue.

There is really no hope for our football for as long as the criminals are ruling out beloved nation.
        Kavian jan,

Asia Cup will probably be January 2024 or December 2023.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post

Infantino destroyed the world cup with 48 teams but his club world cup has the ideal number : 32.
          club world cup sounds so cool! if it is as you say one club from each coutry. much better than the mini champions thing they have going on atm that nobody really cares about except the clubs involved. and they won so much already that year so that cup is just a bonus..

i personally never heard or read about it before i read your post. wonder if PP/SS are still banned or if they can play now. Still goverment owned from what i recall.. wonder how they going to squeeze that in to the allready hectic scedule though..

Is it every year or every 2,3,4 years?
          Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post

club world cup sounds so cool! if it is as you say one club from each coutry. much better than the mini champions thing they have going on atm that nobody really cares about except the clubs involved. and they won so much already that year so that cup is just a bonus..

i personally never heard or read about it before i read your post. wonder if PP/SS are still banned or if they can play now. Still goverment owned from what i recall.. wonder how they going to squeeze that in to the allready hectic scedule though..

Is it every year or every 2,3,4 years?
            4 years

Comment

the-AFC.com FIFA WORLD CUP
              THU, 15 DECEMBER, 2022 Qatar's Al Jassim to officiate third-place playoff

Doha: Abdulrahman Al Jassim will be the referee for the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 third-place playoff between Croatia and Morocco on Saturday.
              Qatar's Al Jassim will be assisted by compatriots Taleb Al Marri and Saoud Ahmed Almaqaled at the Khalifa International Stadium in Doha.

It will be the trio's second match at Qatar 2022, having officiated the Group B tie between the United States and Wales on November 21.

Al Jassim, 35, created history then by becoming the first Qatar referee to officiate a FIFA World Cup Finals match.

Al Jassim was the fourth official for the Group H tie between Portugal and Uruguay.

Polish referee Szymon Marciniak, meanwhile, will be in charge of the final between Argentina and defending champions France at the Lusail Stadium on Sunday.

Marciniak, who will be assisted by compatriots Pawel Sokolnicki and Tomasz Listkiewicz, will be familiar with the finalists, having officiated the France-Denmark group stage tie and the Argentina-Australia Round of 16 match.

Photos: FIFA via Getty Images

Who is Abdulrahman Al Jassim, the referee of Croatia vs. Morocco for third place in the Qatar 2022 World Cup?

SPORTSKimbler News about 24 hours ago Who is Abdulrahman Al Jassim, the referee of Croatia vs. Morocco for third place in the Qatar 2022 World Cup?
              Who is Abdulrahman Al Jassim, the referee of Croatia vs. Morocco for third place in the Qatar 2022 World Cup?
              The 35-year-old Qatari judge was appointed by FIFA to dispense justice in the bronze medal clash between Croats and Moroccans.

Croatia Y Morocco They meet this Saturday at the Khalifa International in the match for the third and fourth place of the Qatar 2022 World Cup. The team led by Zlatko Dalić ran out of chances to fight for the title after being defeated 3-0 by Argentina, so he will seek to keep the bronze medal as it happened in its premiere, in the 1998 edition.

While the representative led by Walid Regragui arrives at this event after losing 2-0 against France and will seek to emulate what Belgium achieved in the last planetary event. This is a historical record for the Atlas Lions since no African team had gotten into this instance in the history of the World Cups since they began to be played in 1930.

and for this meeting in the city of Rayyan, the FIFA designor to Abdulrahman Al Jassim to do justice. BeHe will be assisted by the bands by his compatriots Taleb Al Marri and Saoud Ahmed Almaqaleh, while the fourth judge will be the Brazilian Raphael Claus. In the VAR will be the Chilean Julio Bascuñán, being assisted by the dutch Pol van Boekel. The Offside VAR will be managed by Bruno Pires (Brazil), assisted by the American Armando Villarreal. Who Abdulrahman Al-Jassim?

The 35 year old judge made history in the Middle East joust by becoming the first qatarI went on to direct in a World Cup as the main referee. Born On October 14, 1987, he was made official as a FIFA international in 2013. He was one of the referees of the 2017 U20 World Cup in South Korea. In the last editionón, in Russia 2018, was present as an assistant in the VAR. He also delivered justice at the 2019 AFC Asian Cup andn the United Arab Emirates and in the 2020 AFC Champions League final. In June 2019 it was announced that Al-Jassim would officiate at the CONCACAF Gold Cup. as part of an exchange program who had previously seen the Mexican Cesar ramos in the AFC Asian Cup. That same year he officiatedor in the Club World Cup final between Liverpool and Flamengo, precisely at the Khalifa International in Doha, which endedor favorable for the Reds 1-0 in extra time.

In total, he registers a balance of 193 games, of which he showed 683 yellow cards and 12 direct red ones. He conceded 87 penalty kicks. In this edition, he whistled the clash between the United States and Wales, for the group stage, which ended in a 1-1 draw. He admonished six players and sentenced a maximum penalty that Gareth Bale changed for a goal at 82 ‘.​
              Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Club wc is per invitation only.

FIFA YADET BASHE
                PERSEPOLIS BAYAD BASHE

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post

Its literally BS man 2026 is gonna dead AF. 16 groups and 8.3 teams from asia and 16 european teams ! Like imagine shitty asian and north american teams in WC! Imagine UAE , Jordan , oman , Jamaica , Honduras , Panama etcc.... all of these crap teams making it to wc!

The sad thing is that right now (unless they change the format) only 1 team from each group will qualify to next round! Each team will only get 2 group games! Yea ofc more fans will travel to WC and fifa will get more money but group games gonna be dead!

I honestly hope they change the format back to 3 group games . So 12 groups of 4 . First teams qualify and top 4 teams from each group qualify to next round.

Comment

Reports that Infantino is contemplating keeping the 32 team format for 2026, given the very exciting group stage this year's WC.

It all comes down to money. If FIFA thinks the cash cow will remain fertile with 32 teams ongoing, as opposed to a lackluster 48 team format, they'll retain it. Everything is adjustable and not set in stone. Hell, they even changed the WC to the winter to accommodate Qatar hosting (because their checks cleared )

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post

Its literally BS man 2026 is gonna dead AF. 16 groups and 8.3 teams from asia and 16 european teams ! Like imagine shitty asian and north american teams in WC! Imagine UAE , Jordan , oman , Jamaica , Honduras , Panama etcc.... all of these crap teams making it to wc!

The sad thing is that right now (unless they change the format) only 1 team from each group will qualify to next round! Each team will only get 2 group games! Yea ofc more fans will travel to WC and fifa will get more money but group games gonna be dead!

I honestly hope they change the format back to 3 group games . So 12 groups of 4 . First teams qualify and top 4 teams from each group qualify to next round.
                      I read today that Infantino said they probably are going for 4 team groups for 2026
                      Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post

I read today that Infantino said they probably are going for 4 team groups for 2026
                        Yea i've read it but nothing official. Fifa also agrees that the group games will be dead if left in this format .

Either

A) 12 groups of 4 - 1st teams going to next round + top 4 second teams out of 12 groups

B) 8 groups of 6 teams- 2 Teams qualify from each group. <-- I actually like this one. This means that each team will have 5 games to play. Each group will have 2 teams from europe and 1-2 teams from africa/asia depending on that last play-off team.

So iran vs 2 european teams + south american team + african team would be awesome to watch.

Postive:
                        A) Total number of games will be increased = More money for fifa. 8 (groups) x 30 (games) = 240 group games . 240 + 8 + 4 + 2 + 2 = Total : 254 games .
                        B) Games will be more intense and more exciting
                        C) More revenue from TV and ads
                        D) Its 3 developed countries so they can surely manage the games
                        E) More people will be employed as more staff is needed

Negatives:
                        Not all countries can host this so this could be a one off.
                        Time allocation will be a hassle. Don't if its even possibly to manage that.
                        Probably 2 months of football
                        I cant think of any other negatives.

Comment

FIFA To Reconsider World Cup Format Ahead Of 2026 Tournament In North America

But Infantino believes that the current format, with two teams progressing from groups of four, worked so well in Qatar that a rethink could be in order.

https://www.si.com/fannation/soccer/...-mexico-canada

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

Kavian jan,

Asia Cup will probably be January 2024 or December 2023.
                            Thanks buddy for letting me know, I thought it was scheduled for June 2023 for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post

Thanks buddy for letting me know, I thought it was scheduled for June 2023 for some reason.
                              You are technically right. Officially it is still JUne 2023, but since China withdrew, and Qatar obtained hosting rights, it is very much assumed that AFC will move it to the Winter.

Comment

Nothing official
                                for ac date
                                Since stadiums are ac might keep
                                iriginal date of June 16 2023
                                Also qatar hosted 2011 ac if recall correctly around same time. Also next acl season starts
                                in 2024, that also might make the date stay the same..
                                ​​​for tm is best to have the ac in June
                                cq knows his team AND TM MUST GO FOR RESULT , THE IDEA OF SACRIficing ac to go young is not good option and not exceptable for tm.result
                                result result result
                                Cq has the upper hand he knows his team while
                                Other fav will scramble for ac, so June date would be nice for tm.if cq stay
                                I predict iran going to final.
                                Qatar ksa Japan Korea Australia are fav to win it a long with iran.
                                If ac is in June cq must stay.

Comment

Working...
                                X