No announcement yet.

WC Qatar 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I guess the Ecuador players were not bribed like the Saudi shill claimed!!! I’m truly shocked, I tell you shocked!!!
    Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Opening match
      should always be
      Defending champs playing.

Don't like host kicking off...

France vs australia should have been.

Comment

The goal was offside, no corruption. the Ecaudor player's foot was behind the GK when the ball was headed toward him

Corruption with refs at a tournament like this is almost zero to none, the ref would get banned for life and career would end

Comment

I think the first half was like the most embarassing and Bad Performance of a team in the world cup ive ever seen.
          german television showes the audience. The stadium Was like half Full at its best When ecuador scored the second goal

Comment

Worst opening game match ever seen.

Comment

First WC where host nation doesn’t win opening match

Comment

Equator isn't a small or average team. They are strong. During South American qualifiers, they drew Brazil and Argentina which are 2 of the favorites of this world cup.

Qatar was definitely disappointing, very amateurish defensive mistakes, mentally weak and didn't produce anything interesting in general. Probably the stress of their players, lack of experience and definitely, lack of quality players, while equator was clearly superior in all fields.

It wasn't really only Qatar which was weak but Equator which played very good. Valencia was amazing, their pressure would have created problems to the best teams. Qatar was just in front of a better team which was in top shape, period.

Comment

Qatar was weak as a team can be.
                  embarrassing to asia football and west Asia .

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
                    Qatar was weak as a team can be.
                    embarrassing to asia football and west Asia .
                    Quieroz understood that when you play a much superior team, you need to have tremendous discipline defensively. Qatar played well for few minutes but collapsed mentally after the first goal which was cancelled by offside. They understood that they will be punished if they open the game carelessly and that was the turning point in the game. After that cancelled goal, they were like paralysed and didn't do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
                      The goal was offside, no corruption. the Ecaudor player's foot was behind the GK when the ball was headed toward him

Corruption with refs at a tournament like this is almost zero to none, the ref would get banned for life and career would end
                      correct. it was not an offside but not because of the GK's foot. If the GK exits the goal, there needs to be 2 defending players in back of the attacker for him to be onside. There was one which was clearly behind the Ecuador player, and the second one was the other Qatari defender which was slightly in front and was caught on VAR. So only one player was behind the Ecuador attacker.
                      “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

This reminds me of Iceland. Iceland, which reached the quarter-finals of Euro 2016, finished bottom of their group in the 2018 World Cup. I think the Icelanders choked at their first World Cup. At least the Icelanders were experienced with the really good European teams. This is where Qatar is different. If you look at the Qataris' previous games since 2021, you can tell that they lack experience against the really good teams.
                        -> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qatar_...s_and_fixtures

I believe that the other Asian teams will do better for having players who are experienced in the previous World Cups.
                        Korea vs. Germany Video

Comment

Qatar's performance is like how Iran would play under Skocic

Comment

Originally posted by DRCha View Post

I believe that the other Asian teams will do better for having players who are experienced in the previous World Cups.
                            Korea and Japan are very strong. I am sure that they will do well. I support them when they face Arab teams or from other confederations. Although I used to barrack for West Germany, Germany, Spain and in those matches supported my favorite teams against Korea and Japan.

Now I support Belgium.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                              First WC where host nation doesn’t win opening match
                              First WC where host nation LOSES opening match.

https://www.insider.com/qatar-become...-match-2022-11
                              __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                              We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

I am not racist nor biased but for some strange reason, any time an arab nation from around the Persian Gulf plays football, I want them to get humiliated badly 5-0, 7-0, 10-0, whatever that is really bad!

But today's humiliation reflected on the whole of Asia. They kept calling Qatar the champion of Asia during the game and it was embarrassing to show the world how bad Asia is, when a team like Qatar is its Champion! ...

The problem is people have selective memory when it comes to small teams. I bet many people do not even remember Brazil suffering that humiliating 7-1 defeat to Germany on their own turf in the 2014 World Cup semi-final, but Qatar loss to Ecuador has already made headlines and will be the talk of future world cups for generation to come. Asia will be ridiculed!

I hope Qatar finds a way to improve in the next games. For sake of Asia!!

Comment

Working...
                                X