WC Qatar 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
    The transfermarkt.de value of Morocco's 2018 squad was 6.5 that of Iran's. This is the same core of European born and bred players who have come of age and developed in their respective leagues.
    Morocco and Switzerland are two opposite extremes. The first rely 95% on European players that switch allegiance when they understand they is too much competition to join Spanish, French or belgian NT.
    The second has only two or three original Swiss in the team.

​​​​Another extreme was qatar and Japan giving passport to Brazilian.

Comment

Hakimi rejected every approach by the country he was born and grew up in to play for them (at youth and senior level).

Then he scores a panenka against them to rub salt in the wound!

Comment

Seeing Portugal trash Switzerland puts things in perspective regarding Taremis level. Dude is Liga Nos best player amongst players like pepe, otavio etcetera.

Comment

Iranians should concentrate on from where in Europe to accept offers. Defenders ought to search for opportunities in italy, midfielders and wingers to portugal. I get more and more convinced that iranian players should have these two destinations as starting point.

Comment

Originally posted by AGC View Post
            Iranians should concentrate on from where in Europe to accept offers. Defenders ought to search for opportunities in italy, midfielders and wingers to portugal. I get more and more convinced that iranian players should have these two destinations as starting point.
            Players do that but quickly run back to Iran/Qatar.. (Mohebi, Mehrdad Mohammadi)
            Thankfully Alipour has stuck it out in Portugal.

Comment

Baba you can't compare Morocco to Iran, almost everybody in Morocco's team has professional training in the best academies in Europe in the Netherlands, Spain, France. Morocco doesn't do anything better than Iran in terms of football, they can simply use the infrastructure of these academies abroad. If Morocco were to compete with what they have in their league, they would not be better than Iran. Nevertheless, a nice victory, I celebrated with the Moroccans on the street today.

Comment

CQ beat this Morocco team - he did what Spain couldn't do. You won't find his detractors point that out now

Bring him back and we can likely win the Asian Cup, give him enough time to develop a young team for 2026 and we make it to the knockout stages

Plus anyone comparing Morocco to Iran is delusional and knows nothing about football. Which one of our players grew up in Spain and played in La Liga academies up throughout their youth?

Comment

This whole Morocco team is in shape, athletic, runs like gazelles

Meanwhile Sardar and Eza are out of shape, huffing and puffing in the first half. All thanks to Skocic and his shit fitness routines and lack of discipline for two years.

It's like the players came to the qualifying games to play pickup in the park with no training or fitness regimens in between

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post

Players do that but quickly run back to Iran/Qatar.. (Mohebi, Mehrdad Mohammadi)
                    Thankfully Alipour has stuck it out in Portugal.
                    Lazy ass players not respecting our culture. Theres of course a reason why its called getting "cooked" in persian. Pokhte shodan isnt fun, but it makes champions. Maybe football players would do good learning about iranian athletic culture.

Comment

This is the bottom line

Our football infrastructure is so garbage that the only option is to export players abroad. Most non European countries do this and find success, like Morocco and Japan

We need to boost the Iran to Portugal pipeline hard

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post

This is the bottom line

Our football infrastructure is so garbage that the only option is to export players abroad. Most non European countries do this and find success, like Morocco and Japan

Indeed. And we get the benefit of knowledge and culture import to Iran.

Comment

Originally posted by Surenas View Post
                          Baba you can't compare Morocco to Iran, almost everybody in Morocco's team has professional training in the best academies in Europe in the Netherlands, Spain, France. Morocco doesn't do anything better than Iran in terms of football, they can simply use the infrastructure of these academies abroad. If Morocco were to compete with what they have in their league, they would not be better than Iran. Nevertheless, a nice victory, I celebrated with the Moroccans on the street today.

Spot on! Colonization was a gift for Morocco. Europe is doing everything for them and hyping so much in every domain possible. Of course, they are smart enough to milk the cow at max and poroo enough to be proud of their country (even if they have lot of shortcomings).

They can be the worse country of the world or not, their diaspora will fight like lions to defend themselves. And that's why every media hype and praise them more than deserved.
                          Now compare this, with another country

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post

This is the bottom line

That what I said before. Our model should be Croatia.
                            We need to stop the sacralisation of IPL/PP/SS and at the opposite, hype our euro legionnaire at max.

Comment

Iran baffles me. We have the talents for everything. I mean I was raised iranian style to be humble, shut up and do the hard work. Listen to feedback from superiors. It benefited me greatly in my professional and academic carreer, and I know the same culture gave you the same benefits and results Hosseini jan.

In the words of Hafez:

"گر در سرت هوای وصال است حافظا
                              باید که خاک درگه اهل هنر شوی​"

This is our culture and something my parents and millions of parents in iran instill in the youth. I dont see this in iranian footballers of this generation with exception of a few like Taremi or as in the past in Daei. I just dont see this mentality prevailing in our football.

I get the feeling majority of our players are from Mars sometimes.

Comment

Iran baffles me. We have the talents for everything. I mean I was raised iranian style to be humble, shut up and do the hard work. Listen to feedback from superiors. It benefited me greatly in my professional and academic carreer, and I know the same culture gave you the same benefits and results Hosseini jan.

In the words of Hafez:

"گر در سرت هوای وصال است حافظا
                                باید که خاک درگه اهل هنر شوی​"

This is our culture and something my parents and millions of parents in iran instill in the youth. I dont see this in iranian footballers of this generation with exception of a few like Taremi or as in the past in Daei. I just dont see this mentality prevailing in our football.

I get the feeling majority of our players are from Mars sometimes.
                                Maybe it is because there is different social categories in Iran

Comment

Working...
                                X