WC Qatar 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
    I'm glad PFDC is starting to wake up. Been saying this about CQ stubbornness since 2018.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Aziz rest assured I’ve been pretty critical of CQ since 2018. After our AFC2019 knock out by Japan, I’ve been vocal about a change. I get it, Wilmots was a disaster, Skocic maybe wasn’t as experienced as a coach as we wanted, but going back to CQ just took us backward. Amazing some of the mental gymnastics TM fans go through to justify CQ. Even after a 3rd group exit, we still have people wanting CQ to stick around…

Comment

Amazing how Australia is playing. They are just laying on the pressure.

Comment

Well done Australia. On paper, their squad is almost equal to ours but they are mentally strong. They perform at their 120%. People call it "Aussie spirit".

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
          Without opening another thread
          can some one answer me why fifa says Qatar was too hot to play the world cup in June but AFC decided the asian cup should be in Qatar this June ?
          Is anyone considering going to Qatar for the asian cup this summer ?
          It will be changed to winter supposedly as well.

Comment

It will be Argentina vs Netherlands in the Quarterfinals. I hope Netherlands wins.

Comment

Iran made a mistake bringing back CQ. He will NEVER get it done for TM. He really messed it up against USA, a very beatable team, in hindsight. CQ has failed Iran in defining moments for the TM. England is also an overrated team, and their true level will be exposed by Sengal. I mean, they were scored on TWICE by Iran and should have gotten scored on 3 times [Azmoun hit the post]

Comment

No surprises in the first 2 R16 matches. It's unlikely we would have beaten Netherlands. But would have been nice to have had our first R16 debut.

Comment

Some basic metrics that can be indexed into a single number decide progress

- Population size
                  - GDP
                  - Money invested into football
                  - Global networks
                  - Governance and administration skills
                  - Talent
                  - Interest in the sport

What does Iran actually have: Population size and talent, thats it. Compare it with Korea, Australia and Japan. The have complete access to every corner of the world, roughly the same population size as iran or more (in case of japan), they invest money, govern well and are talented. Exactly what works in Irans favour?

Of cooooooourse Japan, Australia and South Korea will fare better in competition. It would be unfair to them if they didn't. They do things right whereas we dont.

But of course many iranians will build up expectations that are inherently unrealistic, hype the sh-t out of our team and then get heartbroken. Truth is, we cant compete, and if we do that in itself is a miracle. But miracles dont build sustained success. We have population size, talent and interest in football. But so do many other countries.

Comment

So cute!

Comment

Comment

^ he is still alive
                        “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
                          ^ he is still alive
                          On YouTube it said otherwise.
                          I change my post

Comment

France are through. Australia put up a better fight against Argentina than Poland did in this game.

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
                              France are through. Australia put up a better fight against Argentina than Poland did in this game.
                              Yet australia lost by 4 goals to France. I think people still haven't realised that this is modern football. A strong team can lose to lot weaker team but at the same time beat the crap out of a stronger team. It all depends on the game plan.

Teams analyse the shit out of each now days, specally with all the technology thats available. I saw some screens infront of the coaches , which means they even analyse the teams more deeply even during the match.

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post

Yet australia lost by 4 goals to France. I think people still haven't realised that this is modern football. A strong team can lose to lot weaker team but at the same time beat the crap out of a stronger team. It all depends on the game plan.

Teams analyse the shit out of each now days, specally with all the technology thats available. I saw some screens infront of the coaches , which means they even analyse the teams more deeply even during the match.
                                What you said is true but I also think the fighting spirit also plays a part.

Australia was just fighting more than Poland. If that last min opportunity had gone in the game would have gone to overtime and even penalties.

Comment

Working...
                                X