IFF/ News & Views

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
    This is a totally different person than TM player. Gholizadeh is a pretty common last name in Iran and Ali is probably the most common male name. There are more Ali Gholizadehs out there.
    So who is this guy? Just curious.

Ps. Mohammad is the most common name in Iran according to 2016 census. Ali is 2nd.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Mehdi Taj is a dirty, dirty guy (as you would expect of anyone who has been part of the regime's intelligence/repressive apparatus) but he's the only one who has deep connections inside the regime to secure funds and he wants CQ back. Remember, under him, we got plenty of friendly games and he was able to secure funds.

This is how bad IR football is - we have to support vermin like him.

Iranian Football's Notorious Ex-President Returns to the Scene of the Crime

Mehdi Taj has caused a sensation by registering in the Iranian Football Federation’s presidential election – for a second time. Formerly president of the Federation from 2016 to 2019, Tahj is one of the most divisive figures in the history of Iranian sports. His would-be vice presidents were named as Mehdi Mohammadnabi and Mansour Ghanbarzadeh.

In a past life Taj was an intelligence commander in the IRGC, based in Isfahan. Due to his closeness to Mahmoud Eslamian, a former provincial governor, steel magnate and ex-member of the board at the Federation, he ended up managing two steel factories: Mobarakeh and Zob Ahan. From there he switched to football, from which his legacy was disastrous contracts and debts amounting to millions of euros.

During his premiership Taj “donated” the right to broadcast all Iranian football matches to the state-controlled IRIB. In exchange for this expensive gift he secured the permanent loyalty of the IRIB and, IranWire later learned, the right to appoint its sports reporters. Other journalists were threatened with imprisonment if they criticized the Federation or its activities.

Taj also worked hand in glove with the IRGC’s Intelligence Organization to detain women and girls who tried to enter the country’s stadiums to watch football matches. When FIFA’s competition committee called on Mehdi Mahdavikia, a retired Iranian footballer, to testify on the matter, Taj presented himself instead and falsely claimed Mahdavikia had not wanted to take part.

Toward the end of his tenure as president Taj secretly registered a private, parallel entity called the Football Federation Financial Group (FFFG), in a bid to siphon off the profits of Iranian football and lock out any would-be competitors. Had the firm been activated, it would have been illegal according to both FIFA’s and Iran’s own rules.

In August 2020, the Federation undertook to pay $8.3m to Marc Wilmots, a former manager of the Iranian national team contracted by Mehdi Taj, who had been in the country for fewer than 40 days before a row broke out over what Wilmots called “serious contractual violations”. FIFA accepted the claim in part. Later it emerged that due to its heavy debts, some of the Federation’s properties were being confiscated by the Social Security Investment Company, which paid Wilmots’s wages.

In 2019 Taj’s son Ali was also accused of financial crime. The details were never made public but that August, then-judiciary spokesman Gholamhossein Mohseni-Ejei told reportters: “The son of one of the heads of sports federations has had some problems, over which a case has been filed. For us, his father's resignation or non-resignation will have no effect on judicial proceedings." Shortly after that, however, the case was dropped. Taj’s close relationship to then-chief justice Ebrahim Raisi, which goes back to the 1980s, was assumed to be the cause.

Iranian media outlets have been strikingly unanimous in their condemnation of Taj returning to the fold this week. Mehr News Agency wrote: “Where are the culprits of the disastrous Wilmots contract coming from?" and the IRGC-affiliated Tasnim demanded to know: "How is the signatory of the disgraceful Wilmots contract supposed to be the savior of Iranian football?" Tabnak, another news provider close to the Revolutionary Guards, suggested his serving another term would be against the rules while IRNA News Agency described him as “returning to the scene of the crime”.

Despite his closeness to Ebrahim Raisi, the stance taken by Iran’s official news outlets suggests there will have to be a change in the government’s position toward him. For his part Taj was confident, telling reporters close to him that the “necessary coordination” for his standing had already been carried out.

https://iranwire.com/en/sports/10561...e-of-the-crime
      "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Taj signed Wilmots. Biggest coaching fiasco. Also expect more Canada friendly situations to occur if Taj is elected. We will be blacklisted given his track record. I doubt the good old days will return with Taj. Just more corruption and stealing from our football!

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
          Taj signed Wilmots. Biggest coaching fiasco. Also expect more Canada friendly situations to occur if Taj is elected. We will be blacklisted given his track record. I doubt the good old days will return with Taj. Just more corruption and stealing from our football!
          He's an IR stooge, but it's also beneficial here as he will be able to secure more funds for TM etc.

Majedi and Co. are less corrupt and don't have the same network as Taj does. He's close with Ebrahim Raisi as well.

I feel dirty for even vouching for this scumbag, but as long as IR is in power - these are the people we need in there. He also wants CQ back, so that's the main reason.
          "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

He's an IR stooge, but it's also beneficial here as he will be able to secure more funds for TM etc.

Majedi and Co. are less corrupt and don't have the same network as Taj does. He's close with Ebrahim Raisi as well.

I feel dirty for even vouching for this scumbag, but as long as IR is in power - these are the people we need in there. He also wants CQ back, so that's the main reason.
            Well if we get blacklisted then we are screwed. So no to Taj. Plus he is named in the CAS case with Wilmots and that hasn't even been completely settled yet.

Comment

This whole government interference rule is such a ruse and selectively enforced. Does anyone with two brain cells think MBS in Saudi doesn't pick up the phone and demand so and so get hired or replaced? The man literally had a journalist dismembered through a single order and paid no price for it. Or Prince Hamam doesn't single handedly call the shots in Qatar? They're all football fans and die hard nationalists who have authoritative power

Comment

Honestly, I think that article really embellishes stuff. Taj is a sepahi, but he’s more a money guy than one of their security types.
                The stuff about Raisi is also the first I’ve ever heard.

Comment

taj will be the president.
                  he was kissing raisi behind.
                  imo
                  taj had a meeting with raisi. got the ok
                  to talk to cq. after getting ok from cq
                  he went back to raisi got promised money
                  will be there for cq and then decided to run
                  for iff president.
                  taj has connections in high places and can get
                  money easily. taj is also a narccis, he loves
                  to hire top notch coaches and tke credit
                  for their winnings. he did everything to keep
                  cq and after cq he went aftr in his mined a world clas coach
                  name wilmoc thinking he is better than cq.
                  his actiOn of going aftwr world claSs coach is great
                  BUT HE got played.
                  taj will not make a come back unless he has world
                  class coach. another reason cq is coming
                  back.

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
                    imo
                    for iff president.
                    BUT HE got played.
                    back.
                    Spreading rumours again? Your every single post is controversial, poisonous, incorrect, bs, biased, and negative. I don't call that supportive of TM.
                    هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                    نگاه میکنید.
                    sigpic
                    I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
                      Spreading rumours again? Your every single post is controversial, poisonous, incorrect, bs, biased, and negative. I don't call that supportive of TM.
                      why you so bitter.
                      i had no involvement getting your beloved skocic fired😉
                      MAJORITY OF people wanted skocic out
                      AND MAJORITY WON.
                      imo means IN MY OPINION.
                      my opinion is not a fact so its not consider rumor.
                      come down relax and take deep breath
                      not everythng in life always in yoir favor.
                      because you think skocic is teright man
                      does not make it right.
                      majority has spoken and have kicked skocic out.
                      you can put me on your ignore list if you wish
                      BUT I INVITE YU to ave unity for team melli
                      even though your choic for tm coach is not there.
                      chilax.

Comment

Did you see the part where he said "IMO"?

"In my opinion" is not a rumor

And I think his theory is right. Hopefully

Comment

why you so bitter.
                          i had no involvement getting your beloved skocic fired😉
                          MAJORITY OF people wanted skocic out
                          AND MAJORITY WON.
                          imo means IN MY OPINION.
                          my opinion is not a fact so its not consider rumor.
                          come down relax and take deep breath
                          not everythng in life always in yoir favor.
                          because you think skocic is teright man
                          does not make it right.
                          majority has spoken and have kicked skocic out.
                          you can put me on your ignore list if you wish
                          BUT I INVITE YU to ave unity for team melli
                          even though your choic for tm coach is not there.
                          chilax.
                          Well that particular post is the BS one, others are rumours, incorrect, negative etcetera
                          هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                          نگاه میکنید.
                          sigpic
                          I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Well that particular post is the BS one, others are rumours, incorrect, negative etcetera
                            its my opinion
                            in your brain is b.s, you have all right to think its b.s
                            just like skocic situation WHAT YOU THINK ,beacause
                            you think DOES IT MEAN IT RIGHT.its your opinion.

skocic is fired ,ITS NOT A RUMOR. you have to learn
                            and except ,HE IS NOT THERE ANYMORE.beacause you
                            supported him it dont mean you where right,MAJORITY
                            CAN TELL YOU ,you where wrong.

incorrect ,HE IS GONE.there is end day for best of best coaches.
                            nothing is for ever. thank to youtube you can go watch replays
                            of skocic run iran vs lebnon and enjoy your self.

negative , dont be so bitter. negative times are over.
                            you will see positive tm again.
                            etcetera ,ONCE I GOOGle SEARCH IT AND HAVE DEFINATION
                            FOR IT i answer you.

i invite you to unite اتحاد
                            even if your beloved skocic is not around.
                            teammelli come first,coaches come and go.
                            cheers mate

Comment

imo
                              for iff president.
                              BUT HE got played.
                              back.
                              ignore the haters, kateb. remember this quote from shawshank redemption:

"some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright."

you're that bird, kateb

Comment

Originally posted by ramingeles2000 View Post
                                ignore the haters, kateb. remember this quote from shawshank redemption:
                                "some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright."
                                you're that bird, kateb
                                you know what it is ramin khan
                                i never give myself permission
                                to criticize people .(sport players, famouse people THATS A DIFFeRENT STORY .) i am like that in real life too, the second
                                i see people around me criticizing others i never join in. I ALWAYS
                                KEEP QUIET , beacause in my book an A-hole do that .
                                only an a-hole starts criticizing others because
                                others dont think like him. and this guy being one
                                doing this since the mods Close his skocic support thread
                                on sunday. he thinks i had something to do wih his thread
                                geting closed.

Comment

Working...
                                X