Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(#POLL) Comparing coaches thread: Who is the best? Skocic, Wilmotz, CQ, Branko, Daei,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Benjaminnn View Post
    Other. Chiro was the best manager of Iranian national team.
    Oh yes. I totally forgot about him.

My my. We have had quite a few very good Yugoslav (former and subsequent breakaways) coaches. Although we got a dud, a silly wimp (Branko) in the mix. But IVIC, Ciro, Skocic have been very good for us

Comment

CQ is legend.
      He revolutionized our defense, team play and tactical cohesiveness. Abolished player elitism and made all players to know that no one was higher than the team and anyone who thought so could be removed and easily replaced.
      He understood the Iranian mentality well which shows his high social intelligence. Iranians tend to follow and seek hierarchical social structures. The one on top needs to have the skills, authority and charisma to be respected to lead. CQ knew very well how this works and all players came to respect him and follow his doctrine as the head of the structure. This was hugely important and is the reason Iran played so well against top teams like Argentina, Spain and Portugal.
      The current TM success is vastly result of his work, and I really hope we can find a coach who can at least continue his doctrines and discipline in leading the team. Skocic is doing a fine job now and I do support him as the head coach for TM in the upcoming WC.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
        Oh yes. I totally forgot about him.

My my. We have had quite a few very good Yugoslav (former and subsequent breakaways) coaches. Although we got a dud, a silly wimp (Branko) in the mix. But IVIC, Ciro, Skocic have been very good for us
        Ciro made some bold promises lol. He boldly declared he would kill himself if we didn't qualify for WC...we all know how that went.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
        Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by ImmortalPassion View Post
          Iran played so well against top teams like Argentina, Spain and Portugal.
          I struggle to understand this mentality. Everyone else remembers the outcome of matches. To me a loss is a loss. Playing well means nothing if it doesn't result in wins...why do we compete in sports...first and foremost to win. I find it baffling that it is acceptable to lose and qualify it as we played well. We still lost! Also did we really play well in the WC? The stats lines suggest we did not after all we complain about Arab teams wasting time and parking the bus against us.

Comment

CQ is legend.
            He revolutionized our defense, team play and tactical cohesiveness. Abolished player elitism and made all players to know that no one was higher than the team and anyone who thought so could be removed and easily replaced.
            He understood the Iranian mentality well which shows his high social intelligence. Iranians tend to follow and seek hierarchical social structures. The one on top needs to have the skills, authority and charisma to be respected to lead. CQ knew very well how this works and all players came to respect him and follow his doctrine as the head of the structure. This was hugely important and is the reason Iran played so well against top teams like Argentina, Spain and Portugal.
            The current TM success is vastly result of his work, and I really hope we can find a coach who can at least continue his doctrines and discipline in leading the team. Skocic is doing a fine job now and I do support him as the head coach for TM in the upcoming WC.
            The guy is a mythic entity.

As someone who religiously followed iranian football over the last few decades, I just can't now imagine how our football would be without him. All these seeds he has sown as he revolutionalised our country's football. I will never forget the pride he gave us in such dark days and my experience with fans from other countries in brazil and russia, the guy will always be a legend for Iranian football.

So happy we had this guy and dameh skocic garm for keeping the CQ era going.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
              I struggle to understand this mentality. Everyone else remembers the outcome of matches. To me a loss is a loss. Playing well means nothing if it doesn't result in wins...why do we compete in sports...first and foremost to win. I find it baffling that it is acceptable to lose and qualify it as we played well.
              I understand your point of view, after all no team heads to a football match to not win. Iran did indeed lose 2 of those games and drew another. However everything is relative in life, Iran played relatively well against teams which were higher in every footballing terms, whether be player value, the clubs they played, the team's overall Fifa ranking, budget and preparation. Iran also lacked the exposure since there were no friendlies against any top teams for preparation. The fact that the result of those matches were that close, and it could all possibly go either way, in my opinion is a success and an improvement.

Comment

However everything is relative in life
                This guy O-Zone honestly seems like a decent guy who has a heart in the right place. I mean look at the guy in the general forum, politically he knows what's what.

My speculation is that he has an unrealistic hope/expectation of Iran's national football team and that things like building foundations, forging success for a future in the context of a constrictive darkness aren't particularly special events for this team. Maybe we won't ever convince him about what Queiroz managed to create in the context of the Islamic republic of Iran........ shame, but what can we do?

Comment

I understand your point of view, after all no team heads to a football match to not win. Iran did indeed lose 2 of those games and drew another. However everything is relative in life, Iran played relatively well against teams which were higher in every footballing terms, whether be player value, the clubs they played, the team's overall Fifa ranking, budget and preparation. Iran also lacked the exposure since there were no friendlies against any top teams for preparation. The fact that the result of those matches were that close, and it could all possibly go either way, in my opinion is a success and an improvement.
                  How do we know that was because of TM play and not the lack of effort or perhaps miscalculation on part of our opponents. Of course shortly there after we saw the embarrassing display against Japan. I think the true CQ teams showed up against Japan and Bosnia as it was only those matches against quality opponents where they truly tried for the win as nothing less would allow them to advance. Anyone can park the bus. Even Brazil wouldn't be able to score as freely when 11 players fill the 18 yard box. But you are right...it's all relative.

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                  This guy O-Zone honestly seems like a decent guy who has a heart in the right place. I mean look at the guy in the general forum, politically he knows what's what.

My speculation is that he has an unrealistic hope/expectation of Iran's national football team and that things like building foundations, forging success for a future in the context of a constrictive darkness aren't particularly special events for this team. Maybe we won't ever convince him about what Queiroz managed to create in the context of the Islamic republic of Iran........ shame, but what can we do?
                  Perhaps I am unwilling to settle for almost and what ifs. I mean Iraq won AC...in the middle of a war...you can't honestly believe their situation was better than ours. I doubt Costa Rica has better infrastructure and footballing pedigree than Iran...we saw what they did in WC. Canada plays on CFL lined stadiums and pundits and talking about going to the next round...if these countries can do it why not us. Just takes a few coaches to believe in the players and with the right support anything can be done.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                    I struggle to understand this mentality. Everyone else remembers the outcome of matches. To me a loss is a loss. Playing well means nothing if it doesn't result in wins...why do we compete in sports...first and foremost to win. I find it baffling that it is acceptable to lose and qualify it as we played well. We still lost! Also did we really play well in the WC? The stats lines suggest we did not after all we complain about Arab teams wasting time and parking the bus against us.
                    I would argue that our performance against Argentina was our best performance during CQ reign and one of the best TM-performances of all time. Why Argentina and not Spain or Portugal? Because unlike Spain or Portugal in WC 2018, Argentina made it to the Finals of WC 2014 and lost the Final to Germany in added time, where they were arguably the better side! I would also rate this performance higher, because we didn't had that much offensive-potential like in WC 2018+ we had arguably an "away"-Game against Argentina since Bello Horizonte was filled with Argentinian-Fans. The other matches that we had during WC 2014 against Nigeria and Bosnia weren't impressive at all. Against Nigeria we defend well, but couldn't create any significant scoring chance. When we actually tried to attack in the Bosnia-Game we got exposed big time.

As i said in my previous post, Spain and Portugal are big names. The reason why we rate our performances so high against these Teams is because of their big-names and our expectation to get smashed by them 5 or 6-0. But if we just look at the Performances neither Spain nor Portugal were really impressive. Both lost to Teams they supposed to beat in Uruguay and Russia. Both Teams struggled with Morocco, where Spain got lucky with their win over Morocco. Beside KSA who are known to get exposed in WC ( 8-0; 5-0;4-0), the other Asian Teams Korea Japan showed better football than we did in WC 2018 (Korea beating Titleholders Germany 2-0!). We barely created scoring chances from open play, we didn't even score a proper goal: one was an own goal by Moroccan Defender and the other Goal came via Var-Penalty Decision. Beside our Yemen and Vietnam Game in AC 2019 all the other goals we scored came by blunders of the defenders/penalty.

Maybe i am wrong in my estimation, but CQ shares many similarities with Mourinho : mental warfare, criticizing refs/media, great motivators, eloquent in speech, building Teams based on tactical discipline and defense and the ability to create strong emotional bounds with the players. With these attributions Mourinho did miracles with Inter by winning the Triple ! Similar CQ did a miracle with these skills to qualify TM from WC 2014 after the disaster Ghotbi took us in! But when Mourinho came to Real Madrid, despite having much much better individual Players and offensive power, he was not able to repeat his success that he had with Inter. The reason is simply (IMO), that Mou emphasize on tactical discipline and defensive order neutralized the individuality/talent of his players. Now of course one can't jump from Inter/Real Madrid to TM, but at least there seems to be a similar pattern i would argue. Because during WC 2018 many "Experts"/Fans/Media etc. felt that we had the potential to perform even better with a more offensive mindset. Specially after seeing how Korea did against Germany and Japan did against Belgium+ Spain/Portugal's failure against Russia ( we play 1-1 against them 2-3 in Russia weeks before the WC had started ) and Uruguay.

I know that many will disagree with me here, but i think it was the right time for CQ to left Iran. It was good for both sides! It is all speculation but i doubt that we would develop any beyond with CQ (plus our corrupt infrastructure/federation, lack of friendlies etc.) He did amazing with TM: teach them tactical discipline, brought many players to Europe, work on the infrastructure, addressed many issues in Irans Football-Culture and gave a whole nation new confidence and hope. Indeed he gave us some good grounds /"foundations" for a new coach with a more attacking-mind set to built on. Sko. did a great job so far on developing a new Identity- time will tell if he will be able zo further develop our Team to dominate Asian Powerhouses and perform in WC 2022. But here again, it also strongly depends on the awareness and willingness of the federation to plan proper friendlies/prep. camp for TM.

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
                      He did amazing with TM: teach them tactical discipline, brought many players to Europe, work on the infrastructure, addressed many issues in Irans Football-Culture and gave a whole nation new confidence and hope. Indeed he gave us some good grounds /"foundations" for a new coach
                      I guess this wasn't enough for some.

Comment

I guess this wasn't enough for some.
                        For sure it is not. 8 years. Besides many of these points being arguable they are not even his main duties. Brought many players to Europe?! Really who? I guess the same as everything CQ, whatever happens is because of him. Where was he when we had players in Bayern? For the sake of argument lets say this is correct. Is this his duty as head coach? Same as Infrastructure. Again despite being arguable by the most basic logic, is this his duty? What part of 60% winning percentage in Asia, getting worst defeats against Bosnia and japan, not winning any cups, even the "mickey Mouse" WAFF where he got the worst result in our history was revolutionizing? He did not win anything or achieve anything revolutionary with Iran. There is a good poem, it goes something like this: ta ..... dar jahan ast mofles dar nemimanad.

Comment

CQ is legend.
                          So the stats are wrong then. To what ends? What is the use for all he did? Branko has a higher winning percentage by almost 15% playing higher ranking teams, finishing third in Asian Cup, winning our last continental cup. How is CQ better than Branko? How is he better than the coaches who went to the world cup as the only team from Asia and Oceana? How is he better than the coaches who were undefeated for almost a decade? How is he better than the coaches who won 3 Asian cups in a row? Pleaaaase, this glorifying of a mediocre record must stop at some time. We are now almost 4 years after his departure.

Comment

The guy is a mythic entity.

As someone who religiously followed iranian football over the last few decades, I just can't now imagine how our football would be without him. All these seeds he has sown as he revolutionalised our country's football. I will never forget the pride he gave us in such dark days and my experience with fans from other countries in brazil and russia, the guy will always be a legend for Iranian football.

So happy we had this guy and dameh skocic garm for keeping the CQ era going.
                            Couldn't have said it better. Absolutely agree even as I am dumbfounded by the myth.

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
                              I still think CQ was one of the best Coaches TM ever had. But during the WC 2018 i felt, that he had at times to defensive minded approach to the game. I know that we faced big names, but lets be honest here both Portugal and Spain couldn't make it to the quarter-finals and have lost to Russia and Uruguay! In fact Morocco was our toughest game, we could have play with more courage against Spain and Portugal. Specially after conceding against Spain and starting the attack, we had lots of success. Japan had this mindset from the very beginning of their games, they had arguably the best game of the tournament against Belgium and could have make it to the Semis!
                              In AC 2019 i think we were lucky honestly, in our group we had only Iraq as a real threat, a game which we couldn't dominate at all and got a draw. We were expected to win our games against Yemen and Vietnam. Than we faced Oman and China to make it to the Semis, so no Korea, KSA, Aussies, Iraq, Qatar or Japan up until the Semis. And when we had to face Japan we got smashed 3-0. All in all it wasn't a great performance that we had in AC 2019.
                              we w didnt play cq style we wld of never
                              goten 4 points in group of death.

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
                                Kateb jan, no I do not have anything personal against CQ. In fact I was a staunch supporter until the Japan game. I do however dislike how so many of us are oblivious to facts. We let our emotions and tastes cloud our judgment and when someone does come along that speaks the truth we attack them. Based on what stat is CQ the best coach we have had? Please enlighten me so I can see it from your perspective.
                                please explain who are you refering to
                                as someone that comes and tellls the truth.

then ican advise

Comment

Working...
                                X