Allahyar Sayyadmanesh @ Hull City | 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Very hot take here I’m coming in with but I want to discuss and see if this take is actually crazy - does anyone else think allahyar should be converted to a CM?

Hear me out…..his physical attributes and very high work rate would make him a great box to box midfielder. Also he isn’t the best finisher which we all know and that’s not up for debate. His finishing has always been a weak point of his and he hasn’t improved it much (although of course he is still super young and has time to develop that part of his game).

I think another asset he offers on top of physical being a beast and having an ever lasting engine is his pressing and recovery too. He gets into key positions (on the pressing or recovery front) so quickly because of that engine and hustle he brings.

If it were up to me I’d try it out for a half in a friendly and see how it goes (for TM) or if I’m alveradze (who also desperately needs good mid fielders) I wouldn’t shy away from trying that out either.
        Team Meli Iran
        Perspolis FC
        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
          Very hot take here I’m coming in with but I want to discuss and see if this take is actually crazy - does anyone else think allahyar should be converted to a CM?

Hear me out…..his physical attributes and very high work rate would make him a great box to box midfielder. Also he isn’t the best finisher which we all know and that’s not up for debate. His finishing has always been a weak point of his and he hasn’t improved it much (although of course he is still super young and has time to develop that part of his game).

I think another asset he offers on top of physical being a beast and having an ever lasting engine is his pressing and recovery too. He gets into key positions (on the pressing or recovery front) so quickly because of that engine and hustle he brings.

If it were up to me I’d try it out for a half in a friendly and see how it goes (for TM) or if I’m alveradze (who also desperately needs good mid fielders) I wouldn’t shy away from trying that out either.
          I suggested this earlier. I agree with your points. I think at least in TM this could a nice role for him given his pace and physical attributes as well. He has shown he can run his a$$ off and I am sure he could be an asset in such a role. He kinda reminds of Dejagah in these regards.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
          Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Good idea to try out.

Imagine Allahyar Sayyadmanesh and Saeid Ezatolahi in the center.

All of sudden our central midfield would look not look so weak anymore...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ParthianDE View Post
                Good idea to try out.

Imagine Allahyar Sayyadmanesh and Saeid Ezatolahi in the center.

All of sudden our central midfield would look not look so weak anymore...
                EXACTLY! The physical strength in that midfield combo would be immense + Vahid Amiri…..wow, just wow.
                Team Meli Iran
                Perspolis FC
                Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

EXACTLY! The physical strength in that midfield combo would be immense + Vahid Amiri…..wow, just wow.
                  Yes nice one if it works. These type of ideas is exactly what friendlies should be for. Try mixing things up and see what sticks!

Comment

i don’t think allahayar’s passing and touch is good enough to be a solid cm, plus there always in the risk of him wanting to drift out wide in attack as he is a natural winger, leaving our midfield exposed

Comment

Originally posted by ParthianDE View Post
                      Yes nice one if it works. These type of ideas is exactly what friendlies should be for. Try mixing things up and see what sticks!
                      Exactly….it wasn’t all that long ago saman was purely a winger or striker and then got converted to CM by Brentford. Don’t see why the same can’t be tried for allahyar and I’d bet all the chips it would work
                      Team Meli Iran
                      Perspolis FC
                      Malavan Bandar Anzali

Comment

Exactly….it wasn’t all that long ago saman was purely a winger or striker and then got converted to CM by Brentford. Don’t see why the same can’t be tried for allahyar and I’d bet all the chips it would work
                        the difference in between them two is the fact that saman was already insanely tekky on the ball, allahayar on the other hand uses his speed and physicality to drive the ball forward, when saman was playing in sweden he was already cutting inside and putting good through balls in, on the other hand, allahayar cuts in and shoots or smashes a low cross in and hopes for the best

Comment

Allahyar's lowest points are footballing IQ, positional awareness, first touch, link up play, etc.

God help him at CM.

We need CMs who can combine high energy, physicality with strong technique, positional awareness, and game IQ. A CM needs to be able to recognize when to slow a game down, when to play short, when to switch the point of attack, etc (hence why somebody like nourollahi is so limited and many would like to not see him in the xi). Which of these things can Allahyar do? His work on defensive end is all based on pressing opposition defenders, not really similar to tracking runners, shifting side to side, blocking different passing lanes, etc. Physicality and hard running is a feature of modern forwards too. Just because ours don't ususally have it doesn't mean one that suddenly does is a good CM candidate lol. Those qualities just make him a better forward player in the modern game.

World of difference between converting vahid amiri to a sort of cm position (he never scored 4-5 goals in any league campaign) and allahyar, a forward by all means who is flexible enough to play wide.

And for dejagah similarity, again, really hard to see. Dejagah was one of the highest IQ players weve had, and technically was flawless.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                            Allahyar's lowest points are footballing IQ, positional awareness, first touch, link up play, etc.

God help him at CM.
                            Wow, so he really lacks some key elements for a CM role? I don't follow him enough to be able to judge these but trust your views.

Too bad, because from the limited time I've watched him he does have a lot of strength and stamina.

Our (central) midfield definitely needs strengthening and someone really fast and high stamina (as he is) would very much appreciated to balance out Ezzatollahi.

If we could just hybridize Ghoddos and Sayyadmanesh into one...

Comment

God help him at CM.

We need CMs who can combine high energy, physicality with strong technique, positional awareness, and game IQ. A CM needs to be able to recognize when to slow a game down, when to play short, when to switch the point of attack, etc (hence why somebody like nourollahi is so limited and many would like to not see him in the xi). Which of these things can Allahyar do? His work on defensive end is all based on pressing opposition defenders, not really similar to tracking runners, shifting side to side, blocking different passing lanes, etc. Physicality and hard running is a feature of modern forwards too. Just because ours don't ususally have it doesn't mean one that suddenly does is a good CM candidate lol. Those qualities just make him a better forward player in the modern game.

World of difference between converting vahid amiri to a sort of cm position (he never scored 4-5 goals in any league campaign) and allahyar, a forward by all means who is flexible enough to play wide.

And for dejagah similarity, again, really hard to see. Dejagah was one of the highest IQ players weve had, and technically was flawless.
                              Yes but to be fair his team is his weakest link. With a better supporting cast and some finess work I think it can be done. I don't agree on the footballing IQ because most of the time he is chasing the ball due to Hull City's overall inability to move the ball effectively and hold possession.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                              Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

God help him at CM.

Every single one of those things you listed out as his weaknesses can be developed in time especially in a challenging league where you’re playing twice a week.

He is not the most technical or highest IQ that I agree with but I am not so sure he has really tried to sharpen up those things as much as he has worked on staying physically fit and work on finishing (the latter is what I would hope is the case at least). If he takes improving his game technically as seriously as he does his fitness then he can make it as a CM IMO….it’s up to him really
                                Team Meli Iran
                                Perspolis FC
                                Malavan Bandar Anzali

Comment

Working...
                                X