X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
    I got a question tho...
    Was even bundes liga good as it is right now? or was it liga nos level as it is right now? We need to consider this aswell
    I remember Serie A was huge back in late 80's , 90's and early 2000. then it was like la liga then premier league. So i don't really think bundes liga was as good as it is right now.
    We need to also consider this when comparing players.
    Like you never know maybe in 10-20 years time liga nos (which has few iranian players), becomes a big league ..... then people start comparing this liga nos to the top level liga nos in 10-20 years time. Lol everything is possible. Some arabs buying clubs in liga nos would be the start.
    Bundesliga back then was definitely stronger than liga nos and has always been.

What hashemian did for many years in the Bundesliga was very impressive.

Best legionaire we've ever had though, in my opinion, is mahdavikia. Most consistent and simply best player we've ever had in Europe and overall if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
      Yup,
      That should be the first time ever, asian footballer jumping from asian league to a top level European club, and immediately become part of their plan and perform. Sadly injury slowed him down.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk
      If the revolution hadn't happened and the organized youth system of the 1970s hadn't been destroyed, Karimi would have been a talent on the level of Ronaldinho. I've never doubted that for a second.

And if Ronaldinho had been born in Iran and had to develop his talent on zamin khaki with no professional instruction, he probably wouldn't even reach Karimi's level.

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post
        Bundesliga back then was definitely stronger than liga nos and has always been.

What hashemian did for many years in the Bundesliga was very impressive.

Best legionaire we've ever had though, in my opinion, is mahdavikia. Most consistent and simply best player we've ever had in Europe and overall if you ask me.
        Bro read my comment again. I didn't compare Liga nos to bundes liga. What i asked was that if 20-30 years bundes liga, was in the position of a league ranked #4th or 5th (e.g. liga nos) as it is right now. This was my question. I did not compare the two leagues.

I also gave examples of the top league that i remember back then. Seria A , La liga and Premier league where the top 3 leagues. Not sure about bundes liga . Right now bundes liga is ranked over Serie A and sometimes they are even ranked #2 over la liga.

so I repeat my question again. 20-30 years ago how strong was Bundes liga ??? was it as big as it is right now?

Comment

Bro read my comment again. I didn't compare Liga nos to bundes liga. What i asked was that if 20-30 years bundes liga, was in the position of a league ranked #4th or 5th (e.g. liga nos) as it is right now. This was my question. I did not compare the two leagues.
          I also gave examples of the top league that i remember back then. Seria A , La liga and Premier league where the top 3 leagues. Not sure about bundes liga . Right now bundes liga is ranked over Serie A and sometimes they are even ranked #2 over la liga.
          so I repeat my question again. 20-30 years ago how strong was Bundes liga ??? was it as big as it is right now?
          There is an argument to make that the Bundesliga was more competitive back then, in 2004 Werder Bremen won the league and Stuttgart won it a few years later. Bayern have won the league the last ten years in a row which will be having a effect on the rest of the teams so there could be an argument to say with that the Bundesliga was a better league then than now with more teams in with a chance of winning the league.

Edit - just found this. This is the coefficient of teams playing in Europe in 2005-6 - https://kassiesa.net/uefa/data/method3/ccoef2006.html

Interesting to see how well the two Bucharest teams did.

Comment

I'm not sure why you're being so sensitive over a comment when I'm simply answering your question.

Lolll you didn't compare Bundesliga to Liga Nos?? You literally asked whether Bundesliga back then was a top 4/5 league LIKE LIGA NOS IS CURRENTLY (according to you). You absolutely are comparing the two...not that there's anything wrong with this so please don't get worked up over it.

I simply answered : Bundesliga has always been stronger since the days hashemian played in the league. Bundesliga even back then was easily a top four league as it is now and Portuguese league has never been top four league during this period.

Also, Portuguese league is not top 4/5 right now. It's 6th.

Comment

Yes Bundesliga was atleast as strong back then! And yes field that Karimi got hurt on was frozen and it was snowing!

Comment

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Ironic that international sports media outlets have been praising our players for taking a stand while Irooni fans bash them for not doing enough..

Comment

On the way to Porto

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                      On the way to Porto

Persian-speaking - already his best friend at Bayer Leverkusen.
                      "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                        On the way to Porto
                        He would definitely be a regular starter by now if he shaved more often!!! But I still love him for who he is...

Comment

Seoanne is single handed lay destroying Sardar’s career the same way potter did with JB…..except this is much worse bc bayer actually really desperately need Sardar
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

At this point Seoanne doesn’t care. He knows he’s done for. He knows the board is already looking for other managers.

Become clear to me Azmoun was a transfer recommended by the board and not Seoanne.

Comment

tbf jahanbaksh wasn't potters player

Comment

Sardar limped back to the dressing rooms. Source from inside the Dragao.

Skickat från min SM-G973F via Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X