X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZRX3mpPKB8

Comment

this video is giving me PTSD remembering ARJB's Brighton welcome video. Man I had such big hopes for him.

Comment

He probably will feel some pressure at the beginning which is normal and also because of "Reedemaal" of 3 previous Iranians before him.
        I am pretty sure he makes us proud.
        Go Sardar!

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Rolfes: Earlier Azmoun transfer only brings pluses | Bayer04.de

Simon Rolfes on…

…the earlier than expected transfer of Sardar Azmoun, who joined Bayer 04 from Russian champions Zenit Saint Petersburg a few days ago:
          We made contact with Sardar two years ago. Back then, he was very keen on the idea of playing for Bayer 04 one day. Unfortunately, the situation was different last year but now we’ve been able to complete the transfer. Through their own transfer activity, Zenit were also interested in letting Sardar join us. That made it go through quicker than expected. It’s an ideal situation for us that we can start integrating him on a sporting and personal level. And he can also get used to the physical side of the game in the Bundesliga.

…a possible appearance by the Iranian in the away game in Dortmund:
          First of all, we’re delighted everything went right with his visa application. Sardar will arrive in Germany on Thursday afternoon. He completed a medical with us two weeks ago but we want to check everything again after his injury lay-off. So, it’s difficult to make an exact prediction. But I’m rather cautious in terms of the game against BVB. He’ll probably need some time. Nevertheless, we are convinced Sardar’s signing will be of great value to the team particularly towards the end of the season with a hopefully packed fixture list.

…the strike force of Sardar Azmoun, Patrik Schick and Lucas Alario:
          We’re happy to have that problem. They are all absolute top strikers and they play for their national teams. That says a lot about the development of the squad and the quality of the players. Everybody has the chance to play and show what they can do. In addition, intense competition for places in the team is motivation and I expect them all to deal with it. If everyone does it, then the probability of individual and team success increases, which we all want at the end of the day.

…speculation on a possible move for Patrik Schick to Borussia Dortmund:
          Comparison with other clubs is of less interest to us. For us, it’s more about what we can offer a player here and his individual and team development with us. Patrik feels really happy here and he has confirmed that again and again. Therefore, we aren’t dealing with that question.

https://www.bayer04.de/en-us/news/ba...-brings-pluses

Comment

Sardar Azmoun: Player of the Year with a full trophy cabinet | Bayer04.de

The new signing from Russia will most probably soon provide a first under the Bayer Cross: There has never been an Iranian in Black and Red in a Bundesliga match since Bayer 04 were promoted to Germany's top flight in 1979.

Three fellow countrymen of Sardar Azmoun have been in Werkself squads since then: Mehdi Pashazadeh 07/1998 to 12/2000), Dariush Yazdani (01 to 07/1999) plus Seyed Ali Mousavi (07 to 12/2000). However, none of the trio played in the Bundesliga. Pashazadeh played for the Black and Reds once in the DFB Cup and once in the UEFA Cup, Yazdani played in the league cup once.

It is logical to assume the fourth Iranian at Leverkusen since 1979 will not go without Bundesliga appearances. "Sardar Azmoun is very quick, good in the air and has a great sense of space. He's not just a goalscorer but he also provides a lot of assists and fits in brilliantly with the Werkself as a player who combines well," said sporting managing director Rudi Völler following the signing of the Iranian striker. In addition to his qualities on the pitch, the 1.86-metre tall player also has great experience.

Successful move abroad

Azmoun spend the whole of his youth in his home country of Iran with the last two and a half years in the youth section at the top club Sepahan FC. On 1 January 2013 – on the day of his 18th birthday – the forward finally moved abroad. Rubin Kazan, a club in south-west Russia, was his destination. The move proved to be a great success: On the Volga, the Iranian talent developed into an established player thanks also to a loan spell at FK Rostov.

The league rivals signed Azmoun but Kazan brought their former player back a year later in the summer of 2017. He kept up his goalscoring – and the top Russian club from St Petersburg made him an offer that the Iranian could hardly refuse with the prospect of triumphs and titles.

As Top goalscorer to the league ttile

As expected, Azmoun also proved successful as a goal-getter in the port on the Baltic. In the following three years at Zenit, he repaid the confidence shown in him with goals and assists: In 104 matches, he scored 62 goals and provided 36 assists. Including his five years at Kazan and Rostov, his record in the top Russian league is: 208 games, 85 goals and 38 assists.

No wonder that Azmoun's trophy cabinet is not only full of team titles (three Russian league titles, one Russian cup win, two Russian super cups). In 2019/20, the striker was the top scorer in the Premier Liga with 17 goals and in 2021 he was voted Russia's Player of the Year.

Behind Daei in second spot

Back home in Iran, the new Leverkusen signing is without doubt one of the most famous players of all time. After numerous games for the national youth teams, where he scored more than one goal per game on average, Azmoun made his full international debut on 26 May 2014.

He has gone on to play another 59 games for Iran with a goals tally of 39. No other player has scored more often for the national team as the new Werkself forward – except for one who up to last year was way ahead of anybody in the world with his number of international goals.

That man is Ali Daei. The Iranian striker legend played in Germany at club level from 1997 to 2002 (Arminia Bielefeld, Bayern Munich, Hertha Berlin). The now 52-year-old set records at international level: Daei scored an impressive 109 goals for Iran – more than any other international player before. That number was considered to be uncatchable until Portugal superstar Cristiano Ronaldo surpassed it last year.

Sardar Azmoun will probably not get close to Daei's total of goals. But he is certain of going into the Bayer 04 Bundesliga record books with his first appearance in the top-flight for the Werkself. And the ambitious striker will give all he can in the coming years to make sure Black and Red fans remember his performances...

https://www.bayer04.de/en-us/news/ba...trophy-cabinet

Comment

Wonder when he is going to get to play

Comment

He's finally been added to FIFA 22 after 4 years:
                https://sofifa.com/player/213955/sardar-azmoun/220030/

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

default profile Pic

Comment

Rolfes hasnt ruled out Sardar making an appearance this weekend vs BVB, which means we'll see him sooner rather than later. I dont know about this weekend but I think there's a decent chance we'll see him next week vs Stuttgart.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                      Rolfes hasnt ruled out Sardar making an appearance this weekend vs BVB, which means we'll see him sooner rather than later. I dont know about this weekend but I think there's a decent chance we'll see him next week vs Stuttgart.
                      Source?
                      "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by Team Melli Fan View Post
                        He's finally been added to FIFA 22 after 4 years:
                        https://sofifa.com/player/213955/sardar-azmoun/220030/
                        I’ll take an 80. If he plays well in Bundesliga and Europa, he can get a upgrade to 82-83 in FIFA23

Comment

I don't think he be in the line up tho and I seriously doubt he play against Dortmond in 2 days time with 1 day practice. maybe he'll end up getting 5-10 min play time (if we are lucky).

Comment

If he plays at the weekend, he will score like the man in your avatar!

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                              I don't think he be in the line up tho and I seriously doubt he play against Dortmond in 2 days time with 1 day practice. maybe he'll end up getting 5-10 min play time (if we are lucky).
                              Doubt he'll even be in the squad. This is Germany, not Iran Ghorme Sabzi League, needs a bit training before, and def against such an opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post

If he plays at the weekend, he will score like the man in your avatar!
                                Dammit, this video and Karimi goal feels like it was a few years ago. Time flies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X