Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lucky deflected goal like their only other goal in league so far....
    they go 1 up

Comment

Very lucky. Coach will think this is due to his genius.

Comment

go up 2-0 purely due to luck again speed move diaby into overzealous Mainz counter with too many players leaving backline empty .... that last defender shoulda commited a pro foul on diaby and stopped the counter... once he lost him it was pretty much gonna end up in goal..!

Comment

3-0 now! At least they're bouncing back.

Comment

3-0 up with goals coming from defence or own goal. Sardar for clueless Schicke in the second half.
            sigpic
            Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

3-0 now my link died who scored 3rd... looks a free for all now..!
              mainz complete had 2 great 1v1 chances to get ahead earlier in the game wasted them... now they are getting smoked on counter committing way too many players in attack ..!!

Comment

Wow. I stand by none of the poor performances being Azmoun’s fault at all.
                However, this result is overwhelmingly positive so coach will keep Azmoun off for weeks until they lose again.

Very bad luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                  However, this result is overwhelmingly positive so coach will keep Azmoun off for weeks until they lose again.

Very bad luck.
                  i think he will get some 30min or more hopefully in 2nd half ....?but agree with the rest ...!!
                  Patrick from the bits i saw wasnt really doing anything special .... and could use the rest...? who scored the 3rd goal though..??

holzk guy being benched too today..? he's fielded more of a hustler/physical starter this match, just to muscle their way back to winning ways.... which mostly due to luck has worked out for his team so far ... !

Comment

Very bad luck.
                    its really not about benching azmoun. Im surprised you took that from it. He benched two, expensive new attackers (azmoun and hlozek) for 1 defender and 1 defensive midfielder. He is trying to stop the fact they concede a chance with every turnover and then hope the front guys slowly regain their form and confidence. Of course as offensive players he kept the 2 with the most track record from last season/the most direct chemistry with each other in schick and diaby.

So far its working. There will be plenty of games for sardar to regain his place and their squad is already really stretched.

Comment

Very bad luck.
                      Agreed. Too early to say but purely based on this performance, it goes to show that the coach should not have played Sardar in that area of the pitch.
                      BL is attacking with pace on the wings and not so many central pitch play. He has been trying to play two number 9 in different positions.
                      I rather see Sardar sit on the bench and come on to replace Schicke than play behind him in the midfield. If he shows himself and get goals, I don’t see why the table won’t reverse and Schicke will take the bench turn.
                      sigpic
                      Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                        its really not about benching azmoun. Im surprised you took that from it. He benched two, expensive new attackers (azmoun and hlozek) for 1 defender and 1 defensive midfielder. He is trying to stop the fact they concede a chance with every turnover and then hope the front guys slowly regain their form and confidence. Of course as offensive players he kept the 2 with the most track record from last season/the most direct chemistry with each other in schick and diaby.

So far its working. There will be plenty of games for sardar to regain his place and their squad is already really stretched.
                        All fair points. I just want Azmoun to start.

Comment

Originally posted by The Realist View Post
                          Agreed. Too early to say but purely based on this performance, it goes to show that the coach should not have played Sardar in that area of the pitch.
                          BL is attacking with pace on the wings and not so many central pitch play. He has been trying to play two number 9 in different positions.
                          I rather see Sardar sit on the bench and come on to replace Schicke than play behind him in the midfield. If he shows himself and get goals, I don’t see why the table won’t reverse and Schicke will take the bench turn.
                          If tables are reversed Schick will be sold. No way such a player prob only second to Lewandowski and ahead of Haaland last year would settle for a less than 90 min role.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                          Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

*He is warming up now.

Comment

The problem is not Sardar. Look at Schick, what is he doing? The problem is mainly the defence but also they are lacking a playmaker. And Sardar is not playing his natural position. Move him upfront and give him a game or 2 and let him proof himself.

He desperately needs a goal.
                              Last edited by Essi; 08-27-2022, 07:51 AM.

Comment

I actually interpret this score line as being good for Sardar bc none of the goals were scored by forwards. Bayer is playing good team footy today, not a single player totally dominating but best so far are frimpong and diaby. I don’t see this as having any impact on sardar’s inclusion or exclusion going forward
                                Team Meli Iran
                                Perspolis FC
                                Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Working...
                                X