Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WCQ 2022: Iran - Iraq (Info, Reports & Live Updates)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
    How I saw the first half

- first 20 minutes all Iraq, remaining 25 all us
    - Iraq’s goalie was their best player, ours was JB (best TM performance to date)
    - our first touch has been very poor, and messed up a few good opportunities
    - Taremi looks exhausted, Ghoddos struggling to make an impact, shoja has been a disaster, Moharammi is trying to be Ronaldo
    - Abedzadeh looks confident and ready. Good footwork too

I think this is going to be one of those games where Gholizadeh pulls off a random goal / or Ansarifard comes in to score a goal from a good pass
    100% agree
    Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Wow Iraqi keeper the only reason why this ain’t 3-0 at half time already.
      ARJ with a FANTASTIC first half performance. Screw feyenoord this guy is creating so many opportunities and his shooting has been excellent. My only gripe with the first half is lapses of concentration of defense giving Iraq cheap chances as well as random miscontrol of passes

Comment

Wasted efforts, need to finish those. But Iraqi goali has been playing out of his skin.

Comment

Halftime:
          1. A masterclass by JB.
          My God his performance is at Germany/Brazil level. Beyond Asia.

2. The entire team has played very well.

3. The only concern is both the CB's try unnecessary touches on the ball and make life for themselves difficult
          If they don't do this, there's nothing to worry about.

4. Mids can do better. But they haven't done bad at all

Comment

Best part: Women in stadium!!!! Watching them on paramount plus stream right now!!!

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
              Best part: Women in stadium!!!! Watching them on paramount plus stream right now!!!
              Yea man, such a great scene to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                I think the absence of Nourollahi is being shown. He gets a lot of hate, but the hustle he has and ability to help control the midfield with Ezatolahi is underrated
                Saman is obviously a better player overall than Nourollahi but he's not really a central midfielder. Neither is Amiri. Hence why we look a bit weaker in the midfield.
                I have been a Nourolahi hater in the past, but I can’t argue with you. You are on point.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                  I think the absence of Nourollahi is being shown. He gets a lot of hate, but the hustle he has and ability to help control the midfield with Ezatolahi is underrated

Saman is obviously a better player overall than Nourollahi but he's not really a central midfielder. Neither is Amiri. Hence why we look a bit weaker in the midfield.
                  Exactly before we bash the CBs you got to see what players in front of them are doing defensively, Ghoddos and Amiri midfield is not good, defensive midfield they’re both converted CMs

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                    Even casual fans could tell you Shoja has no business starting at CB, but apparently daneshmand knows better.

Imagine these CB pairing against England, Brazil ,etc...
                    his hands are tied for this game on the CB front..!!
                    the two of them have performed well enough so far in WCQs ... and we lack well tested, fit replacement for today... so he just have to get this koskhol shoja to settle his nerves and get them both back in there for 2nd..! shoja is just playing awful lazy today.. keep flopping down rather than move his feet for better positioning on tackles..!

i dont see any changes coming till after 60min ?

Comment

We need to play with more concentration and maturity .. hurrah hurrah is not a game strategy. Coach would need to calm nerves. One problem we have is in mid field. Not holding up and distributing quickly and effectively. Saeed is too slow and Saman not ball distributor. Moharami is our weakest link at the moment.

Comment

I don't know if you guys are watching paramount plus. It is showing Iranian women in the stands. It is so refreshing to see them there with some of them having most of their hair out!
                        Go TM!
                        Go Iranian Women!

Comment

lots of iroonie cuties in the stand today

Comment

I predicate a goal by jahanbakhsh around the 70th minute mark and a 1-0 victory for us.

Comment

Our men are back early, they are eager to score.

Go TM!

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                                Yea man, such a great scene to see.
                                Great indeed, but sad that in the year of 2022 that this is still not standard in our homeland, I.R khob omad va rid...

Comment

Working...
                                X