Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WCQ 2022: Iran - Iraq (Info, Reports & Live Updates)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This game is missing a gholdor attacker like zahedi...
    get either sammy or gholi off for him and move to the usual 2 attacker with Mehdi and ARJ behind servicing them ...

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmad_DC View Post
      Karim in for Saman. Let Taremi drop back a little. How did we run out of centerbacks in Iran?
      One injured and one recently got Covid.

Comment

AJ all over the place. Hustling like a horse.
        If it wasn't for Bashar Al Buffon we would we upfront with 3 goals at least.
        Taremis rebound buggers me the most tbh. He is expericned enough to plae it better instead of shooting straight in the middle.
        IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
          First half takes:
          - Jahanbakhsh looks amazing, more sharp and aggressive... If he can play like this more, we'll be more dangerous on offense.
          - Gholi and Ghoddos have been solid, but I'd like for one to be subbed off.
          - Defense has been shaky, especially Shoja.. He should be nowhere near TM right now. I'd rather start Aghasi over him next game if I could.
          - Both GKs look great so far.
          This is it guys. Perfect first half summary and great take.

Comment

Biggest annoyance was the Iraqi goal keeper going down and delaying after every save. Iraq really working to slow the pace of the match

Comment

JB amazing between his long range shots and passing. Gholi is fairly useless, attempting to dribble nowhere and poor passing. No one worse than our CBS, both actively attempting to blow the game. Abedzadeh with great goalkeeping, perhaps questionable communication and distribution. I really wish we had a great distribution midfielder and better central defenders. My two biggest worries going into this year.

Comment

Gonna need the win if we want any shot at a good pot in the WC

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                  Can we all agree that Shoja isn't even good enough to play for Iraq, let alone Iran?

Worst player on the pitch and it's not even close
                  Been saying this for the past year... he's been able to manage since we're playing weak Arab teams the past year or so.
                  Just imagine him in the WC going up against stronger competition or players like Messi/Mbappe/CR7 coming at him.
                  Majid is clear head and shoulders above him and it's no debate..

Comment

How I saw the first half

- first 20 minutes all Iraq, remaining 25 all us
                    - Iraq’s goalie was their best player, ours was JB (best TM performance to date)
                    - our first touch has been very poor, and messed up a few good opportunities
                    - Taremi looks exhausted, Ghoddos struggling to make an impact, shoja has been a disaster, Moharammi is trying to be Ronaldo
                    - Abedzadeh looks confident and ready. Good footwork too

I think this is going to be one of those games where Gholizadeh pulls off a random goal / or Ansarifard comes in to score a goal from a good pass
                    --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                    --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                    ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                    --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                    ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Allahyar would have been useful today.

Comment

Under Skocic every second half has been better than the first. As of the 23 min mark or so we started to finally get a grip and play some good footy….the passing game looked super solid and we created some really great chances.

Agree with PSG that some of the shots weren’t well placed but any shot from point blank is hard to save and he had 3 or so point blank saves which is just insane, aside from his 2-3 very good full stretch saves.

Strong halves from JB and Gholi we need them to keep their foot on the pedal.
                        Team Meli Iran
                        Perspolis FC
                        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

We will win this, if we continue to dominate the second half. Should be up 3-0 right now and relax a bit, but such is football...

Comment

Fantastic half by ARJ, probably one of the best performances from him in TM shirt. He is in competition with the Iraqi keeper for MOTM though. I am so confident with Abedzadeh in the goal. So solid and confident. It is a matter of time. We shall score and win in the second half.

Go TM!

Comment

I think the absence of Nourollahi is being shown. He gets a lot of hate, but the hustle he has and ability to help control the midfield with Ezatolahi is underrated

Saman is obviously a better player overall than Nourollahi but he's not really a central midfielder. Neither is Amiri. Hence why we look a bit weaker in the midfield.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                                Can we all agree that Shoja isn't even good enough to play for Iraq, let alone Iran?

Worst player on the pitch and it's not even close
                                Yes it is no longer a debate….he has sucked in QSL and had more than enough suspect TM performances at this point. Anyone who backs him at this point is not someone to take seriously.
                                Team Meli Iran
                                Perspolis FC
                                Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Working...
                                X