Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Cup 2022 Qualifier: Lebanon - Iran; Updates, Pic, Vid & Live streams (11.11.21)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be better if there was no fans.
    Lebanon has gheyrati fans so I rather not deal with that.

Comment

Meanwhile in Mexico:

Mexico will have to play in an empty stadium for its next two home games in World Cup qualifying because of persistent anti-gay chants by fans, FIFA said Monday.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mexico-pl...152153438.html

Comment

^ wow

thankfully as one of our ex-presidents confirmed years ago, we have no gays in Iran or else we would be thrown out of the WC by now

in all seriousness, I prefer they play in front of no fans in Lebanon.
        “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
          ^ wow

thankfully as one of our ex-presidents confirmed years ago, we have no gays in Iran or else we would be thrown out of the WC by now

in all seriousness, I prefer they play in front of no fans in Lebanon.
          Their fans don't really do much. They have a contingent of Saudi bootlickers (most from the Sunni parts of Lebanon), but they're more cheering against Iran than for Lebanon.

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
            With the 2 valuable points that we lost at home against Korea, there is no excuse not to get the full 6 points from the next 2 games. I really want us to wrap up this campaign in the Iraq game by January in Tehran.
            And hopefully Skocic learned from his grave mistake against Korea and utilizes the full depth of our squad by using players like Ghoddous, Ghaedi, Torabi as well as others.
            Grave mistake?
            what was this "GRAVE mistake"?
            Come on bro. This was South Korea .... not nepal.
            It's not as if we've been having trouncing games every time we've met.

What's heartening is that in this very game, every time we "wanted" to put them under pressure and attack (specially after their goal), we did so very smoothly & successfully. That means if we had the plans to go all out and treat this game as a "do or die" kind of game, we would have beaten them.
            But he planned for a non-eventful, safe and cautious game (I, like you dont agree. I'd have loved for a good handsome win against our arch rivals. But given our standing in the table, it wasnt a "mistake either.), ... I assume with emphasis on keeping our goal protected.
            Once that was threatened and we conceded, we saw how the team changed shape and tactics changed to more attacking.

again, I agree we shd have gone for the kill. But given that we were topping the table with 5 points difference between us and the 3rd placed team. And the fact that it was SKorea (not some weak little team), I can understand (not agree with) why some coaches would go for a cautious approach in this game.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
              Grave mistake?
              what was this "GRAVE mistake"?
              Come on bro. This was South Korea .... not nepal.
              It's not as if we've been having trouncing games every time we've met.
              What's heartening is that in this very game, every time we "wanted" to put them under pressure and attack (specially after their goal), we did so very smoothly & successfully. That means if we had the plans to go all out and treat this game as a "do or die" kind of game, we would have beaten them.
              But he planned for a non-eventful, safe and cautious game (I, like you dont agree. I'd have loved for a good handsome win against our arch rivals. But given our standing in the table, it wasnt a "mistake either.), ... I assume with emphasis on keeping our goal protected.
              Once that was threatened and we conceded, we saw how the team changed shape and tactics changed to more attacking.
              again, I agree we shd have gone for the kill. But given that we were topping the table with 5 points difference between us and the 3rd placed team. And the fact that it was SKorea (not some weak little team), I can understand (not agree with) why some coaches would go for a cautious approach in this game.
              I agree! In my opinion, he actually did well with player selection, and didn't make a mistake. Like you mentioned, we put them under lots of pressure, and had MORE than enough chances to win this match.

Just because we didn't win, doesn't mean it was a mistake that he took less risks. Bringing on more offensive players and leaving our defending exposed COULD (not necessarily would) have backfired big time. At this point, while we're on top of the table, the approach was correct.

This approach has still kept us ahead of South Korea, and now they might be under pressure for the rest of the qualifiers because they're trying to catch up to us. Any more points dropped by them means they can fall further behind us, risk losing second place (even if unlikely) and might have to wait all the way until the FINAL QUALIFIER MATCH VS IRAN to try and catch up to us, if they haven't fallen behind by more than 3 points by then! If we keep winning, All they need is another draw or a loss, and they'll be 4-5 points behind us. Then they'll have to risk even more going into following matches and who knows what could happen. They may be 4+ points behind us by the time we faced them in our final qualifier! We could clinch 1st place before we face them again!

Comment

I wouldnt even say SKorea is under pressure to "catch up to us".
                All they have to do is keep ahead of 3rd placed team, which eventually would be UAE or Iraq. Certainly not lebanon or syria.

So I doubt they're in much of a stress ATM.

Comment

I think we need to worry about not dropping any point playing the arab teams. South Korea is not a challenge at the moment. Even if we lose to them in Korea but keep collecting points elsewhere we can still end up qualifying.

Comment

South korea will qualify with us, they already know it. btw this Hwang guy looks so promising for south korea. He has features of world class footballer and most probably will make it to top EPL clubs by next season. So kudos to bache hayeh team mealli to make him look like a soosk in the match against us.

Comment

I wouldnt even say SKorea is under pressure to "catch up to us".
                      All they have to do is keep ahead of 3rd placed team, which eventually would be UAE or Iraq. Certainly not lebanon or syria.

So I doubt they're in much of a stress ATM.
                      Don't you think that Syria has been a little unlucky so far? They squandered a few good chances. A novice here.

Comment

^ I think they (syria) have already over-achieved.
                        Iraq has under-performed. But I suspect they will rise and take over both lebanon and syria.
                        My guess is the 3rd place is between them and UAE eventually .... unless Iraqis themselves fuck up things by themselves

Comment

^ I think they (syria) have already over-achieved.
                          Iraq has under-performed. But I suspect they will rise and take over both lebanon and syria.
                          My guess is the 3rd place is between them and UAE eventually .... unless Iraqis themselves fuck up things by themselves
                          Its the opposite for me. Syria has been very unlucky. Their goalie is messing up hard and they don't replace him.
                          Otherwise their forward line is very dangerous and they have alot of mental strength. I would have thought they would finish 3rd instead of Iraq or UAE.

Comment

if cq was our hc
                            this would be our line up
                            biravand
                            majid hosseini
                            kananizadgn
                            milad mohammadi
                            danial ismailifar
                            saeed ezat
                            haj safi
                            golizadeh
                            amiri
                            sardar
                            mehdi

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
                              if cq was our hc
                              this would be our line up
                              biravand
                              majid hosseini
                              kananizadgn
                              milad mohammadi
                              danial ismailifar
                              saeed ezat
                              haj safi
                              golizadeh
                              amiri
                              sardar
                              mehdi
                              Why can't you stop writing poems ?? How is this format useful for saying your formation
                              --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                              --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                              ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                              --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                              ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Also are we every going to get a friendly during this WCQ or are we just going to keep winging it this is insanity, even from IFF...
                                --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                                --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                                ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                                --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                                ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Comment

Working...
                                X