Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 World Cup Qualifier: Iran - Korea; Updates, Pics & Vid, Live Stream (12.10.2021)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maly3648 View Post

4) This match was balanced, Koreans were more hungry for a win and both teams had big opportunities. A draw is a fair result for both teams.
    We had more chances than Korea. Two times hit the post and their keeper saved big for them specially on Tarmei's bicycle kick. But a draw was not bad considering we got scored on before. We showed we can come back, but our first half was not that active and no pressing whatsoever hence we gave them the ball and tried to hold the pitch. Let's forget this game and think about Lebanon now.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Originally posted by kianstarwars View Post
      Ezzatollahi; what do you guys think of him?
      He is the big reason why we are undefeated.
      “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Honestly I’m so glad I don’t come on this forum anymore during games. I swear 90% of people who post on here are clueless when it comes to Iran and have never watched Iran play until now for sure.

I don’t know where you guys were when Iran used to play Korea EVEN UNDER QUEIROZ and we would just sit back and be dominated by them for like 70 mins while we would smash and grab the win. Today, we went toe to toe with them, had the better chances of the game, and defended cautiously when we could to avoid them taking advantage of their more mobile midfield and superior speed of play (something that Koreans traditionally have over us). Our entire back 4 dealt amazingly with their high press with accurate passing and great play under pressure. ONE defensive lapse led to their goal, which was unfortunate.

We obviously had issues offensively because they were very well organized and had a plan for both Azmoun and Taremi. What did you guys expect? For us to siege their goal? Have you ever watched Iran play South Korea before? Lol. Even in our most dominant win under CQ in WC 2018 qualifiers we had only a few chances and won 1-0 while keeping them quiet offensively. We actually had the most chances I’ve seen us have in recent memory against South Korea. If not for our defensive lapse, we may have snatched the 1-0 late in the game as Korea would have been tired and discouraged.

I have been watching Iran since 1999 and I honestly have never seen such a well organized and professionally playing team. This team looks much better than CQ’s Iran as well. I used to watch Hadi Aghili send the ball into orbit whenever it was passed back to him and now we got our CBs playing like midfielders. And these aren’t even traditionally our best two, as PAG is out, and Hosseini is out of form.

We need to work on our passing in the final third, but this team looks odds on to qualify. I don’t see us having issues getting 4-6 points in the next match day in November, and that should honestly be enough for us to qualify. Skokic needs to work on his subs but he has us playing very thoughtful and solid football.

I respect anyone’s constructive criticism of his team selections and other aspects of his coaching, but I’m sorry if anyone thinks this is “horrible” play thus far, you have no idea what you’re talking about when it comes to Team Melli.

Comment

Watched the entire game.

Taremi should have done better. Hitting the post was unlucky.

Happy with tie than a loss. Picked up un-necessary yellow cards.
          چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

we should be qualified before we have to play them in seoul, the key to our qualification is to get all 6 pts from lebanon
            WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

That is totally BS! We were lucky to get 1 point, don’t forget the last second blunder that almost gave Korea 2-1! You cannot compare the CQ team to this team. With the players we have right now and on the peak of their careers we should dominate these Koreans and win!

Comment

Originally posted by maly3648 View Post
                This is the kind of environment an iranian coach has to work, can you imagine? And then they wonder why they never achieve anything. Irrationality, pure emotions without brain and complaining for the sake of complaining, that's the only thing these people can do, it's in their blood.

1) Iran played wonderfully until UAE match where players took everything for granted. Playing slow, trying to keep the ball while being inaccurate in passes and not motivated nor hungry for a win. This is a MENTAL and psychological problem, a coach can't solve such an issue but by insulting these players or slapping them during half time. Maybe this is the only thing i blame the coach for.

2) This toxic environment created by this iranian mentality makes it impossible for any coach to progress. These ungrateful idiots criticise at any opportunity and last but not least, are the only idiots asking for a change of coach while Iran is leading the group with no goal conceded. That's just a mentality out of another planet, honestly.

3) This same mentality expect a win and playing well in every match and in every minute. You just wonder if they understand anything about football actually. All matches in this final stage of Asian qualifiers are difficult and Iran matches aren't any exception here. Expecting to beat UAE or Korea "easily" with few goals margin is just unreasonable and stupid. By playing well and being motivated, Iran should theoretically be able to qualify "quite" easily, because of the individual talents they possess. If the team play unmotivated, slowly and without focus, they can even lose to Vietnam, ok? The gap isn't anymore "huge" enough between teams at that stage to afford playing bad and expecting anything.

4) This match was balanced, Koreans were more hungry for a win and both teams had big opportunities. A draw is a fair result for both teams.
                Exactly. People forget our old results and they are clueless when they don’t realize that we never get a run of results like this. Beat Iraq 3-0 in an away game? This is IRAQ. We never beat them by more than one and sometimes we even lose.

Look at how this team responded when 1-0 down against Korea. Even under CQ (whom I love) we would be hopeless when down. These guys just put their heads down and continued playing. No lashing out, no complaining. Just cool heads and played their game. And should’ve actually won to be honest. I’m very happy with this team and their mentality.

Comment

Originally posted by Shantaram View Post
                  That is totally BS! We were lucky to get 1 point, don’t forget the last second blunder that almost gave Korea 2-1! You cannot compare the CQ team to this team. With the players we have right now and on the peak of their careers we could dominate these Koreans and win!
                  Send me your address and I'll send you a poster of CQ. Good to remember the old times. But look at the mirror as you are older now and CQ is coaching Egypt. Jeez.
                  We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

Comment

Watching the goal again, that was a lovely ball from Azmoun. The ball is about to out of play and he has to scoop it up and put the power behind it, which he did perfectly.

Header was lovely too, from a far distance back (not as far as Estilli’s though).

This is why we need Azmoun on the pitch for as long as possible , yes he may disappear at times but he can make something out of nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Saam View Post
                      Exactly. People forget our old results and they are clueless when they don’t realize that we never get a run of results like this. Beat Iraq 3-0 in an away game? This is IRAQ. We never beat them by more than one and sometimes we even lose.
                      Look at how this team responded when 1-0 down against Korea. Even under CQ (whom I love) we would be hopeless when down. These guys just put their heads down and continued playing. No lashing out, no complaining. Just cool heads and played their game. And should’ve actually won to be honest. I’m very happy with this team and their mentality.
                      I am just frustrated, why does he not use Ghoddos?? Wtf is wrong with Skocic, he got ace of diamond in his sleeve and never uses it. It has to be something personal against Saman, really I can’t come up with anything else

Comment

Hey SAAM.
                        Remember under Queiroz when Doktor Mohandes Masoud Shojaei got his second yellow card in less than 10 minutes early in the second half and we won 1-0? Good times.

Comment

Honestly I’m so glad I don’t come on this forum anymore during games. I swear 90% of people who post on here are clueless when it comes to Iran and have never watched Iran play until now for sure.

I don’t know where you guys were when Iran used to play Korea EVEN UNDER QUEIROZ and we would just sit back and be dominated by them for like 70 mins while we would smash and grab the win. Today, we went toe to toe with them, had the better chances of the game, and defended cautiously when we could to avoid them taking advantage of their more mobile midfield and superior speed of play (something that Koreans traditionally have over us). Our entire back 4 dealt amazingly with their high press with accurate passing and great play under pressure. ONE defensive lapse led to their goal, which was unfortunate.

We obviously had issues offensively because they were very well organized and had a plan for both Azmoun and Taremi. What did you guys expect? For us to siege their goal? Have you ever watched Iran play South Korea before? Lol. Even in our most dominant win under CQ in WC 2018 qualifiers we had only a few chances and won 1-0 while keeping them quiet offensively. We actually had the most chances I’ve seen us have in recent memory against South Korea. If not for our defensive lapse, we may have snatched the 1-0 late in the game as Korea would have been tired and discouraged.

I have been watching Iran since 1999 and I honestly have never seen such a well organized and professionally playing team. This team looks much better than CQ’s Iran as well. I used to watch Hadi Aghili send the ball into orbit whenever it was passed back to him and now we got our CBs playing like midfielders. And these aren’t even traditionally our best two, as PAG is out, and Hosseini is out of form.

We need to work on our passing in the final third, but this team looks odds on to qualify. I don’t see us having issues getting 4-6 points in the next match day in November, and that should honestly be enough for us to qualify. Skokic needs to work on his subs but he has us playing very thoughtful and solid football.

I respect anyone’s constructive criticism of his team selections and other aspects of his coaching, but I’m sorry if anyone thinks this is “horrible” play thus far, you have no idea what you’re talking about when it comes to Team Melli.
                          🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Couldn’t have said it better, Bro it’s the Iranian mentality, we like shiny things. Some here have made CQ into a God and not because of football or how we played. We played a balanced game, my issue was the subs and I am sure there is a valid reason. Everyone forgets we have Vahid and bageri on the bench, helping. We need 8 more points and we are good to go.
                          United We Stand, One nation one heart one goal

Comment

Great Post and I agree with everything you said. Guys are doing a great job and Iran looks pretty good so far. We were a little unlucky today with hitting the post, but overall very good play---especially after being down 0-1 we turned up the pressure immensily on them.

I sometimes think people watch european football and then expect Iran to play similar. Very unrealistic. I think, given the (lack of) opportunity and framework that our country provides, our guys are doing a terrific job. There they go toe to toe with a Korean team that gets provided all opportunities that a modern country can provide. On the other hand you have a team that never gets to play any solid competition outside the qualifiers and yet manages to always represent us well.

Comment

Originally posted by rizz View Post
                              Great Post and I agree with everything you said. Guys are doing a great job and Iran looks pretty good so far. We were a little unlucky today with hitting the post, but overall very good play---especially after being down 0-1 we turned up the pressure immensily on them.

I sometimes think people watch european football and then expect Iran to play similar. Very unrealistic. I think, given the (lack of) opportunity and framework that our country provides, our guys are doing a terrific job. There they go toe to toe with a Korean team that gets provided all opportunities that a modern country can provide. On the other hand you have a team that never gets to play any solid competition outside the qualifiers and yet manages to always represent us well.
                              It’s not about that, why doesn’t he play Saman and Ghaedi?? Why? Both these guys are game changers

Comment

By the we were out shot and out possessed at home! We may have had slightly better chances but yeah facts over feelings. Also Skocic subbed in Sarlak instead of Ghoddos, that’s all I need to say lol

CQ outshot and out possessed the Koreans in Azadi last time so stop comparing the two and leave the past be the past. And I know we had our 12th man for that game but still.

Comment

Working...
                                X