Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 World Cup Qualifier: Iran - Korea; Updates, Pics & Vid, Live Stream (12.10.2021)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Omid177 View Post
    They let women in for the Cambodia match though? Why are they making a drama again? And what will their next excuse be?
    New presidential government. May be a way to show their more "conservative" approach to things, including this issue. All BS of course, but may explain it.

Comment

I just hope this classic IR drama doesnt affect team.

Thats why frankly until we can have azadi packed again have a true home crowd advantage I really do not mind playing our games in doha. Less hashieh and bs all around

Comment

Son Heung-min COVID-19 PCR Test.

If anyone that’s in Iran wants to see Son and the South Korean NT, they are staying at the Parsian Azadi Hotel.

Comment

Yesterday’s game Texas AM vs Bama, but we can’t have 10K spectators in a 80K Azadi due to ”covid precautions”. Hell, the ongoing world wrestling championship in Oslo has had more Iranian fans than Norwegian fans in an ENCLOSED gymnasium. Shooresho darovordan digeh.

Comment

I just bought back all my bets on TM for the SK match (at a 10% loss), cause the IR/IFF antics are totally deflating my enthusiasm. They just poured cold water on our momentum. Fricking cowards.

Comment

Preview: Iran vs. South Korea

https://youtu.be/fbvAmAB74hk

*Apologies if the audio can only be heard from the left ear, it was an editing error.
              golbezanpodcast.com
              twitter.com/GolBezan
              instagram.com/GolBezan
              youtube.com/GolBezan

Comment

here is speedy line up
                to match up korea speed

biravand
                milad m.
                shoja
                kanani
                hardani
                ghodos
                sarlak
                amiri
                gholi
                mehdi
                sardar

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                  Of course.

I actually think this is Korea squad is one of the most talented teams in recent Asian football history (not as talented as the current Iran squad). They also have a decent coach (better than Skocic IMO). They just for some reason have been underperforming so far in WCQ. That can change any given day and they give Iran the toughest test so far under skocic.
                  We are far from being most talented. Son is top 2 player of all time for Korea but the other players are all trash to mediocre at best. 2002-2012 was the best period for Korean football. Players like Park Ji Sung retired and our top players from 2010 WC declined rapidly for various reasons. 2014 to present has been a bad period and the only thing Korean people have to look up to is watching Son play.

Comment

Originally posted by ParthianDE View Post
                    The most relevant part quoted from an article (link at the end):

The game in Iran is Korea's first away trip of the group.

"It's not a decisive game. It's just one more game," Korea's coach Paulo Bento said. "It'll be a tough game and a very good challenge for us. But I am sure it will be a tough game for them as well." Korea has never won in seven meetings in Iran, losing five and drawing two, though Bento insisted that he will not just settle for one point against Asia's best team, ranked 22 by FIFA.

We should play and fight to take three points," he said. "From the beginning, we're not going to play to draw the match. We're going to play to win the match."

source: https://www.devdiscourse.com/article...r-vs-australia

As I wrote before: this is not a "must win" game for either side.

However, both sides do take this game very seriously and will certainly play to win. For both, this will also be the most high caliber competitive game in a while and a real test to see where they really stand. I'm excpecting an interesting game to watch.
                    The fans and media have been calling for Bento's head and losing to Iran will build up even more pressure on him. If we drew against Syria last week, he probably would've been sacked. He called up FOUR goal keepers. He has made some interesting decisions.

Here's the general consensus of Korean fans: Heart tells them Korea will win. Head tells them Iran will win.

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
                      Nice to see a korean fan here, welcome 😊
                      I have a few questions if you don’t mind.

1. Why have your NT been on a steady decline since 2010 World Cup/2011 Asian Cup? Is it because you haven’t been able to replace Park Ji Sung and Lee Young Pyo?

2. IMO your 2010 WC team was your best ever team( better than 2002) and could have reached further than they did. Why was Huh Jung Moo sacked? You guys played great under him.

Thanks in advance!
                      1. Thanks for your questions. It's the case of the next generation not being as talented as the preceding generation. We have a right back (Lee Yong) who is in his mid 30s that still hasn't been replaced by a younger player.
                      2. He wasn't sacked I believe. They just didn't renew his contract. KFA likes to have a new manager for every World Cup cycle although it usually ends up with 2 managers because the 1st one always struggles near the end of the qualification phase.

Comment

Originally posted by ParthianDE View Post
                        @nmssis

Greetings.

In years past, the South Korea section of bigscoccer seemed pretty well frequented, but seems largely vacated now.

What forum do SK fans hang out these days?
                        bigsoccer was definitely active but due to corrupt moderators banning posters who were major contributors it ended up becoming a ghost town.

I'll be honest with you. There aren't that many english speaking korean fans. You'll find a few here and there on reddit, youtube and twitter, but the rest are on korean language "forums".

Comment

If anyone wants to bother, here's a 20 minute highlight video of our match against Syria:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moWz-iJt21A

Our strikers are absolutely toothless. You'll see around 10 shots to the moon and our no.9 Hwang Ui Jo falling on his ass too many times to count. He makes Taremi look like a Greek God in comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
                            here is speedy line up
                            to match up korea speed

biravand
                            milad m.
                            shoja
                            kanani
                            hardani
                            ghodos
                            sarlak
                            amiri
                            gholi
                            mehdi
                            sardar
                            I've heard that ehsan hajsafi will take over. I don't really think skocic will choose milad over ehsan and hardani over moharami.

Comment

lol trust me your striker will all become Lewandowski when playing against us! and your goalkeeper will suddenly change to buffon.

I would appreciate it if you could answer this :
                              Man i got a question from you and its really bothering me. What does your media tell your people about us (iranians). I've seen so many hate and racism from koreans towards iranians (in last 4 years). Its surely something related to your media. Is it related to your losses in last 10 years? Im just confused! Also one thing that realy really annoys me is that you guys think we are arabs !
                              Originally posted by nmssis View Post
                              If anyone wants to bother, here's a 20 minute highlight video of our match against Syria:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moWz-iJt21A

Our strikers are absolutely toothless. You'll see around 10 shots to the moon and our no.9 Hwang Ui Jo falling on his ass too many times to count. He makes Taremi look like a Greek God in comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post

I would appreciate it if you could answer this :
                                To an extent, South Korea is a US Puppet state. As such, Koreans consume American/Jewish propaganda from the mainstream media. However, not all Koreans think this way and can see through the BS.

As far as perceiving Iranians as Arabs, I think this is simply due to ignorance. Middle East = Arab

Comment

Working...
                                X