Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 World Cup Qualifier: Iran - UAE; Updates, Pics & Vid, Live Stream (07.10.2021)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.tasnimnews.com/en/news/2...t-uae-2022-wcq

Iran Aims to Extend Unbeaten Streak against UAE: 2022 WCQ
    October, 06, 2021 - 14:52 Sports news
    Iran Aims to Extend Unbeaten Streak against UAE: 2022 WCQ
    TEHRAN (Tasnim) – Iran attempts to extend its seven-match unbeaten streak on Thursday when it faces the UAE in the 2022 World Cup qualification.
    Bert van Marwijk’s side will also be eager to make the most of the two home games in the next five days, with Iraq to visit Dubai next Tuesday.

Two wins from those matches would take the United Arab Emirates considerably closer to its first FIFA World Cup since its solitary 1990 appearance, but a pair of defeats has the potential to derail its campaign.

Dragan Skocic’s team is going to extend its seven-match unbeaten run.

Mehdi Taremi arrives in Dubai fresh from becoming the first player from his country to score against Liverpool in the UEFA Champions League, while Sardar Azmoun – suspended for last month’s win over Syria - has scored a goal every 120 minutes of playing time for Russian champions Zenit this season.

With AEK Athens striker Karim Ansarifard and Belgium-based Kaveh Rezaei also in the squad, Team Melli Skocic has no shortage of options, but it was the Iranian defense which shone brightest in last month’s successes against Syria and Iraq.

There were two clean sheets recorded, and only two saves required, from goalkeeper Alireza Beiranvand, with an Omar Khribin miss the only clear cut chance created by either Syria or Iraq in 180 minutes of football, the-afc.com reported.

Team Melli also has an outstanding record against the UAE, losing only once in 16 prior meetings between the two sides, and inflicting AFC Asian Cup defeats in both 2011 and 2015.
    Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by persiangooner View Post
      LOL I know you're kidding but it's super normal for NT's to bring their own chefs so they can make quality, nutritious food without relying on the host country's circumstances, especially during the important pre-match preparations. It may seem cynical but you never know what's in the food you're eating in an unfamiliar environment, not to mention the players probably prefer the taste of food they're used to eating on a regular basis anyways.
      TM is actually very consistent in doing this….we always have a few chefs that travel with the team
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Click View Post
        Expect a typical rough anti-football display by UAE with the bus parked in front of their goal. Their priority would be to not concede at all cost.

best remedy for this (playing an arab team) is scoring an early goal.
        team will settle, can dictate the pace of the game and use counters.

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
          It's so tough to be an Iranian these days. Actually all my life it's been that way unfortunately. Thanks to the IR
          Totally relate! ... I've spent 2/3 of my life outside Iran and have experienced some really tough days for being an Iranian in the West. People who came much later (some with pockets full of mullah$) have no appreciation of what we went through and think Iranians have always been accepted and all the Persian stores and Kababi restaurants and community stuff always existed and now they are here to enjoy it!

Comment

one thing impress me with skovic nt
            is the players patience and against the
            arabs IS THE KEY TO SUCCESS
            we have won 4 stright against arab nations
            with that element.

Comment

I hope we go full strength for both games , no testing (EDIT- meant to write ‘resting’) players until you are guaranteed of qualification. We can not under estimate UAE- the last qualifying games showed upsets can happen. Get those 3 points against UAE and go into the Korea game with real momentum.

Comment

Iran VS UAE has been added to paramount+

9:35am PST

Comment

There is no way Skocic will be testing anything new….his timeline is razor thin to prep the team, he mentioned that specifically in his latest interview so there won’t be any tactical or player selection. Maybeeeeee seeing one or two guys in MF or a winger who hasn’t started regularly like ghaedi or torabi and in MF saman but that’s about it. Other starters will be the usual ones.
                  Team Meli Iran
                  Perspolis FC
                  Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Uae is the clear favorite and they are much hungrier than us. We are the under dogs.
                    WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by persiangooner View Post
                      LOL I know you're kidding but it's super normal for NT's to bring their own chefs so they can make quality, nutritious food without relying on the host country's circumstances, especially during the important pre-match preparations. It may seem cynical but you never know what's in the food you're eating in an unfamiliar environment, not to mention the players probably prefer the taste of food they're used to eating on a regular basis anyways.
                      This already happened to us against Bahrain where players got poisoned in that 3-1 loss back in WCQ match. Happened a couple times too in the past concerning TM.

Comment

iraaaaan
                        hamleh kuniiii
                        MALAKH OOO
                        SOOOOORAKH
                        MIKONI
                        hamleh
                        hamleh

Comment

3-0 against UAE and 2-1 against Korea. We shall complete this round earlier than ever.
                          چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد
                          We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                              Shoja, Milad, Taremi, JB and Ezat are all on a yellow card. If they get a yellow this match, they will miss the Korea match.

Mehdi has to remember this and keep his cool. We cant afford to miss him vs Korea!
                              Shoja and Taremi especially must watch out not to get cautioned again and miss out the SK clash..!!
                              we got decent enough cover for the others so they can go all out..!

Comment

golbezanpodcast.com
                                twitter.com/GolBezan
                                instagram.com/GolBezan
                                youtube.com/GolBezan

Comment

Working...
                                X