Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 World Cup Qualifier: Iran - UAE; Updates, Pics & Vid, Live Stream (07.10.2021)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dubxl152 View Post
    Iran VS UAE has been added to paramount+
    9:35am PST
    Also, Iran v. South Korea on Oct. 12th is now on Paramount Plus schedule (starting at 6:20am PST).

Comment

Right now, it is 90 degrees in Dubai and our game would have ended over an hour ago... Tomorrow's Dubai forecast temperature high is 99 and low is 83... I expect low 90's for the start of our game.

It is important that we use all our 5 allowed substitutions tomorrow. People like Taremi, Amiri and Nourollahi that have good stamina should definitely start tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
        Right now, it is 90 degrees in Dubai and our game would have ended over an hour ago... Tomorrow's Dubai forecast temperature high is 99 and low is 83... I expect low 90's for the start of our game.

It is important that we use all our 5 allowed substitutions tomorrow. People like Taremi, Amiri and Nourollahi that have good stamina should definitely start tomorrow.
        We had the same issue with the Bahrain matches, and did as well as we could have with the heat.

Comment

my starters
          ------------------Amir
          Hardani/Sadegh Kanaani Shoja Nourafkan

-----------Saeed ---- Amiri--------

Gholi-------Ghodoos--------Taremi

-------------Sardar---------------

Eschoocher's likely Starters? :

--------------BeyBey
          Sadegh-- Kanaani -Shoja --Milad
          ---Ahmad Nour ---- Amiri--

ARJ-------Gholi--------Taremi

----------Sardar------------

Comment

This is my predicted lineup

-------------Beiro---------------

Sadegh ----- Kanaani -----Shoja---- Noorafkan

----- Ezatolahi -------Nourolahi-------

Gholizadeh-------ARJ----------Taremi

---------SARDAR-----------------

Subs: Ghoddos, Milad, Ghayedi, Hajsafi

Comment

Comment

Bert van Marwijk excited by 'bigger' Iran test and maintains belief in UAE World Cup bid

Bert van Marwijk says he is relishing the challenge of taking on the No 1-ranked team in Asia on Thursday, while at the same time reiterating his belief in the UAE’s chances of reaching the 2022 World Cup.

The national team face Iran at the Zabeel Stadium in Dubai, as they look to bounce back from last month’s disappointing opening to their final-round campaign. The UAE drew their first two matches - against Lebanon at home and away to Syria - and now host an Iran who sit top of Group A with maximum points.

Speaking at the pre-match press conference on Wednesday, Van Marwijk said: “Yes, this is a game I’m looking forward - I like these games. The UAE have never beaten Iran in their history. Iran is a very good opponent, No 22 in the world, No 1 in Asia. A lot of their players are playing in big competitions in Europe, in big clubs.

“So that makes the challenge, for me, bigger and bigger. I told my team a lot of times than maybe you don’t have all the time the best players, but we must be the best team. I have a lot of faith in my team.”

The UAE will be without captain Walid Abbas and key midfielder Ali Salmeen, who are both injured, although Van Marwijk emphasised that he has “a lot of trust” in their replacements.

The Dutchman also cited his faith in guiding the UAE to only a second World Cup in their history. The two top teams in the group qualify automatically for Qatar, while third place enters into a series of play-offs to reach the global finals.

“The confidence is the same,” Van Marwijk said. “If you really analyse the last two matches [0-0 against Lebanon, 1-1 against Syria], you can see that all the statistics were in our advantage. If we play the same match 10 times, I think we will win eight. But if you don’t take your chances then it’s possible that you cannot win.

“Also, that’s sport. That belongs to sport, especially football. But we are in the right direction for already a long time. You saw it before in the [final] four games [of the previous round in June]: we try to create our own style that everybody can recognise our way of playing. And we have many young players in our squad.

“So you are building a team, but at the same time you have to win games to qualify. Still, I have confidence that we are capable of qualifying. But we play against a very good opponent.”

Van Marwijk, who managed his native Netherlands to runner-up in the 2010 World Cup and then masterminded Saudi Arabia’s qualification to Russia three years ago, dismissed suggestions the UAE would play for a draw on Thursday.

“We play to win,” he said. “We always want to win, and everybody needs to see that we want to win. But if it’s so easy then you will win all the games.

“Maybe we made it a little bit difficult for ourselves. If you saw the last four matches in the former round, we played very well, scored lots of goals. Every game we were better than our opponent. And then you create expectations; I understand that.

“What level do you expect from a team who didn’t reach the World Cup for the last 31 years ago, and the last 20 years didn’t even come close to qualifying? Now we’ve created expectations by our way of playing. That’s already very good.

“But we have to be realistic, but also still realistic that we have a chance to qualify. For me, I’m here to go to the World Cup, because I did it two times and I’d like to do it a third time. If I don’t believe in a project and I don’t believe in a team I will go home, I will stay in Holland.

“So I believe in them. And we showed already that we can do it. You also need a little bit of luck. If we took our chances the last two games we could have easily beat the two teams. Then you have six points. But that’s also football. But for me only one thing counts: to go to the World Cup. And also to try to help the UAE to develop the football here.”

https://www.thenationalnews.com/spor...world-cup-bid/

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
                  iraaaaan
                  hamleh kuniiii
                  MALAKH OOO
                  SOOOOORAKH
                  MIKONI
                  hamleh
                  hamleh
                  lmaoooo made me laugh so hard

19 hours left!
                  Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Paramount has now included Iran vs UAE game in their lineups.
                    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                    We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Mehdi Taremi - Iran

In a team packed to the brim with attacking talent, there is perhaps no Team Melli player in better goalscoring form than FC Porto spearhead Mehdi Taremi.

Pivotal in last month’s 3-0 win over Iraq, his booming header against Liverpool in last week’s UEFA Champions League action was his 51st goal in less than 100 matches since moving to Portugal in 2019 and there is nothing to suggest the 29-year-old striker is even close to slowing down.

Hwang Hee-chan - Korea Republic

Hwang Hee-chan has hit the ground running at loan side Wolverhampton Wanderers with three goals from his first four Premier League appearances, two of which came in the weekend’s tie at home to Newcastle United with the forward’s brace securing a 2-1 win.

In the absence of national team captain and fellow Premier League player Son Heung-min in their last AFC Asian Qualifiers outing against Lebanon, Hwang also made a similarly crucial contribution with his clever cross turned in by Kwon Chang-hoon for the game's only goal.

While the more celebrated Son is set to return against Syria, Hwang could once again benefit outside of the spotlight.

Fabio Lima - United Arab Emirates

Since his naturalisation and introduction into the UAE national team in 2020, Brazilian-born winger Fabio Lima has established himself as a mainstay of head coach Bert van Marwijk’s side.

With five goals scored in the previous round, only Ali Mabkhout has more for the UAE than the Al Wasl man.

The Whites face tough home challenges as they host Iran and Iraq, and if they are to get their first goal of the group, chances are Lima will be involved one way or another.

https://www.the-afc.com/en/national/..._to_watch.html

Comment

skovic will not rest anyone to
                        due to concern of yellow card
                        this is not league its nt
                        and we are deeeeeep
                        if shoja get a yellow
                        experience majid hossini to take
                        his place and if taremi get yellow
                        ansarifar giedi kaveh ARE NO
                        CHOP LIVERS

i like to thank cq for making us deep
                        when he taked over in 2011 we
                        had some players had no bussiness
                        being on the team we barley had
                        one tm he let us with 3 tm

in skovic we love and trust
                        in cq we cheerish forever.

Comment

Arite guys…..I did the one thing any sports fan should never do. I bet big bucks on my team…..and I got 5 of my khareji friends to join me on the journey. If I type in all caps all game tomorrow now you know why
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

^^^ good luck bro . did you bet big ($500-1k) or small ($100-$200) ?

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                              Arite guys…..I did the one thing any sports fan should never do. I bet big bucks on my team…..and I got 5 of my khareji friends to join me on the journey. If I type in all caps all game tomorrow now you know why
                              Lol. I’m waiting on the final lineup tomorrow and if it’s as expected, then placing $350 on TM!!!

Comment

iran +115 is good
                                tie +185 is great for road
                                game

Comment

Working...
                                X