Fifa World Ranking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
    Not possible bro. We cant have both germany and usa on same group. they are both in pot 2 .

win against South korea is must if we want to avoid any group of deaths. Even a draw would add negative points on our ranking
    how the fook the great satan gets to be in pot 2 god knows

Comment

Originally posted by AliDaeiNumber1Fan View Post
      lol yea and denmark on top of them in the ranking.

Comment

Originally posted by AIrani View Post
        However, the likes of Peru, Serbia and Turkey can win against us.
        Iran would beat Turkey IMO... Serbia and Peru would be 50/50

Comment

Originally posted by armen View Post
          Yeah, it was coming. They have been unlucky with the draw, playing 3 games against Brazil and Argentina before their loss to Bolivia.
          Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by AliDaeiNumber1Fan View Post
            USA has a bunch of talented and young players playing for top clubs in Europe...they will "surprise" in 2022 and should be even better in 4 years time. However; opportunities come a little easier for American vs. say Iranian players....
            "Evil is rare, but ignorance is epidemic"

Comment

Originally posted by Lapayee View Post
              USA has a bunch of talented and young players playing for top clubs in Europe...they will "surprise" in 2022 and should be even better in 4 years time.
              No disrespect to the US team/players, but I’ve been hearing this since the 90’s

Comment

Originally posted by Lapayee View Post
                USA has a bunch of talented and young players playing for top clubs in Europe...they will "surprise" in 2022 and should be even better in 4 years time. However; opportunities come a little easier for American vs. say Iranian players....
                That's true but I think you're perhaps overestimating how talented a squad of American players can be when all their best athletes go into basketball, American football, baseball and mixed martial arts/boxing

Comment

The USA has some really impressive young players but realistically they’re getting overrated because of the media. Canada has a more impressive young core than them imo

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                    No disrespect to the US team/players, but I’ve been hearing this since the 90’s
                    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...Overall_record

Well the USA already became 3rd at WC in 1930.

In regards to the 90s, they've made it to at least the RO 16 4 times since then!

Comment

^LOL at having to cite accomplishments from 1930. I rest my case.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...Overall_record

Well the USA already became 3rd at WC in 1930.

In regards to the 90s, they've made it to at least the RO 16 4 times since then!
                        yes 1930 counts
                        we have to respect others history
                        so they resect OUR
                        ARASH GUY which with his
                        TIRKAMOON became famouse years back.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                          ^LOL at having to cite accomplishments from 1930. I rest my case.
                          I mean in terms of modern history the USMNT is still much more successful than TM. If the Olaghs at the IFF and Vezerate Varzesh would invest in Iran's youth similar to how the US has in their youth in recent years we'd have a lot more Iranian kids coming through the European academies/transferring to Europe at a young age just like the Americans are.

Comment

Originally posted by MatthewNekoui View Post
                            I mean in terms of modern history the USMNT is still much more successful than TM. If the Olaghs at the IFF and Vezerate Varzesh would invest in Iran's youth similar to how the US has in their youth in recent years we'd have a lot more Iranian kids coming through the European academies/transferring to Europe at a young age just like the Americans are.
                            depends what you mean with modern, recent.

Recently US failed to qualify for last WC, losing to panama and trinidad and tobago. Its not exactly like their investment has been well placed, as anybody who has actually been involved at higher levels of the selection process for regional teams, olympics development pools, etc can attest to. Its all a giant money making scheme primarily led by unqualified charlatans.

Our model for footballing success, youth development should most definitely not be the US.

And the main thing that helps american teenagers access european youth academies (which in most circumstances according to fifa laws is illegal, this is how barcelona got banned from all transfers for importing some japanese and american kids into their academy a few years back) is that a good number are dual nationals, or hold another non american passport. I know several guys I actually grew up playing with that were able to go to countries such as germany, croatia, belgium bc of such status. Obviously our kids wont have that regardless of any overriding investment.

Instead we should look to do things like impose quotas for % of u-23 players in squad lists within PGPL, improve some basic infrastructure so all academy teams have access to decent pitches (this is not critical to have big investment as many countries in S. America, eastern europe, etc show on regular basis but just some basic improvements), and most crucially, support and promote qualified and well respected coaches to develop talent on local levels. We have many talented coaches in iran, with a much higher level of football knowledge than average american coaches, but the right ones need to be supported to continue doing what is essential work in raising the overall fundamental level players are trained at. Employing sa select number of foreign coaches to oversee this kind of stuff, particularly those with great background in youth development like portuguese or croatian would be ideal.

If we are able to raise this base level of our domestic players then more and more will go to europe and succeed as a natural byproduct.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                              depends what you mean with modern, recent.

Recently US failed to qualify for last WC, losing to panama and trinidad and tobago. Its not exactly like their investment has been well placed, as anybody who has actually been involved at higher levels of the selection process for regional teams, olympics development pools, etc can attest to. Its all a giant money making scheme primarily led by unqualified charlatans.

Our model for footballing success, youth development should most definitely not be the US.

And the main thing that helps american teenagers access european youth academies (which in most circumstances according to fifa laws is illegal, this is how barcelona got banned from all transfers for importing some japanese and american kids into their academy a few years back) is that a good number are dual nationals, or hold another non american passport. I know several guys I actually grew up playing with that were able to go to countries such as germany, croatia, belgium bc of such status. Obviously our kids wont have that regardless of any overriding investment.

Instead we should look to do things like impose quotas for % of u-23 players in squad lists within PGPL, improve some basic infrastructure so all academy teams have access to decent pitches (this is not critical to have big investment as many countries in S. America, eastern europe, etc show on regular basis but just some basic improvements), and most crucially, support and promote qualified and well respected coaches to develop talent on local levels. We have many talented coaches in iran, with a much higher level of football knowledge than average american coaches, but the right ones need to be supported to continue doing what is essential work in raising the overall fundamental level players are trained at. Employing sa select number of foreign coaches to oversee this kind of stuff, particularly those with great background in youth development like portuguese or croatian would be ideal.

If we are able to raise this base level of our domestic players then more and more will go to europe and succeed as a natural byproduct.
                              US has had a much more successful World Cup history than team melli—they get out of the group stages more often than not and beat big teams at times…we’d be thinking we’re gods if we got out of the group stages as much as them and even round if 16, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLion80 View Post
                                US has had a much more successful World Cup history than team melli—they get out of the group stages more often than not and beat big teams at times…we’d be thinking we’re gods if we got out of the group stages as much as them and even round if 16, etc.
                                Except in 1998...just can’t put my finger on what happened to USMNT in the group stage that year

Jokes aside, the US should be WAYYY better than they are based on how much investment, infrastructure, sponsorships, and emphasis they put on soccer (does any other country use the term “soccer mom”?). They’ve always underperformed relative to their hype.

Comment

Working...
                                X