Fifa World Ranking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
    TM is still 21st yet it's score went up by 12 points. https://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-rank...dateId=id13554 The situation is still fluid. We are less than six points behind Wales (20th) and 13 points behind Colombia (20th). There is still a small chance of making it to top 16 if we keep moving up and certain teams don't make it to the WC. If Sweden and Senegal don't make it and we make it to the 19th (doable), we will be top 16 since either Italy or Portugal will not make it (they way the UEFA playoff draw has shaped up). We need to win the next two matches (very difficult in Seoul but doable) but we don't have full control over the situation. Too many variables, that's why I said it's a small chance.
    Go TM!
    Don't we need to be in the top 15 qualified teams (not 16) given that Qatar gets a seed 1 spot for being the host?

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
      Don't we need to be in the top 15 qualified teams (not 16) given that Qatar gets a seed 1 spot for being the host?
      You are right. Top 15 in FIFA ranking. I guess we also need Wales not to make it and we have to win the remaining matches. Very small chance that all the pieces of the puzzle will fall in their place. Mathematically, there is still a chance. We will know for sure by the end of March.

Go TM!

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
        You are right. Top 15 in FIFA ranking. I guess we also need Wales not to make it and we have to win the remaining matches. Very small chance that all the pieces of the puzzle will fall in their place. Mathematically, there is still a chance. We will know for sure by the end of March.

Go TM!
        Wrong. Italy (6) and/or Portugal (8) can’t qualify. Top 16 in FIFA ranking gives Iran pot 2.
        #BanNoorafkan

Comment

Originally posted by Preezy View Post
          Wrong. Italy (6) and/or Portugal (8) can’t qualify. Top 16 in FIFA ranking gives Iran pot 2.
          There are other teams in top 16 that might not qualify. US, Mexico, etc... So what I said was that we need to be in the top 15 "qualified" teams to be in pot 2. We may be ranked 18th, but if 3 of the teams ahead of us do not qualify, then we are in pot 2.

Comment

In short details: these teams below must not make it.

If one of them make it then Either USA/Mexico must not make it. Looking at how things are going Mexico has 90%+ chance of making it.

And if those 2 teams make + 1 team from the image (e.g. uruguay), then both italy and portugal must not make it.

==============================
            All that to one side : WE MUST WIN SOUTH KOREA GAME

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                In short details: these teams below must not make it.

If one of them make it then Either USA/Mexico must not make it. Looking at how things are going Mexico has 90%+ chance of making it.

And if those 2 teams make + 1 team from the image (e.g. uruguay), then both italy and portugal must not make it.

==============================
                All that to one side : WE MUST WIN SOUTH KOREA GAME
                Thanks for the clarification, you obv. put time into the calculations πŸ™πŸΌ sounds pretty impossible, but one can be hopeful 🀞.

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                  Thanks for the clarification, you obv. put time into the calculations πŸ™πŸΌ sounds pretty impossible, but one can be hopeful 🀞.
                  No problem bro. I honestly think if we beat South Korea we would have a good chance making it.

I don't think senegal can beat egypt in full time.
                  I also don't think uruguay will make it .
                  That leaves Mexico/USA - Wales+Sweden . 2 out of 4 (wales+ sweden) won't make it.

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                    No problem bro. I honestly think if we beat South Korea we would have a good chance making it.
                    I don't think senegal can beat egypt in full time.
                    I also don't think uruguay will make it .
                    That leaves Mexico/USA - Wales+Sweden . 2 out of 4 (wales+ sweden) won't make it.
                    Milad Jan, my hand to your skirt. (dastam be damanet) Please help me out here as I keep coming up with a different conclusion than you.
                    We are currently 21st. From this 21 team, only top 15 qualified teams will get a place in pot 1 and 2, as one of the pot 1 spots are taken for Qatar. So we need six of the top 21 to not qualify. Senegal, Uruguay, and 2 out of 4 of wales/sweden/Mexico/USA is four team. We also know that one of Portugal/Italy won't make it. So that is 5 team. We'll be 16th highest ranked team to qualify but only top 15 qualified teams will be in seed 1 and 2.
                    One way for Iran to make it to pot 2 is for both Italy and Portugal to not qualify in addition to the 4 teams you mentioned. I believe Portugal will play Turkey and Italy will play North Macedonia. The winner of these matched will play each other for a spot in the world cup. So it is possible for either North Macedonia or Turkey to eliminate both Portugal and Italy and then we'll be 15th.

Comment

I wouldn't mind staying in pot 3 tbh. Pot 3 will have some very good teams in it. Pot 2 is mostly about Germany, Denmark, Netherlands and Switzerland. I'd be ok to stay in pot 3 and pray that the luck of the draw doesn't give us one of them which is almost 50% chance.

As long as we don't get some sort of group of death we'll be fine this time and make it to the knockouts.

Comment

As I said last week, we have a 1.49% chance of pot 2 on ranking based on ELO simulations. The teams ahead of us are all evident on this link
                        http://www.football-rankings.info/20...lations-5.html

Comment

Working...
                        X