Persian Gulf Pro League 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
    Reza Asadi, why does Golmo love him so much?

Amiri and Torabi have been excellent for us today.
    Asadi just scored

FT
    Perspolis 2:0 Aluminium

Very good result against a tough side.

Comment

How’s Hardani looked for Esteghlal? Considering he will be starting vs. South Korea.
      "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

reza asadiii errrr SHOOOTOOR
        scored a goal today.
        do not look at you window
        u might see a elephant on
        a scoooter flying by.

much need it 3pt
        pak del great hustling goal

THIS RACE IS HOT
        SS JAM NADIDE 44
        PP 41

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
          quality of these games is so incredibly low. Surprises me every time I watch. Besides the odd young player (for PP it looks to be Vahdat and occasionally Abdi) the actual base level of the players on the field is scary advert for state of our domestic football
          Despite the high quality youtunbe stream, I couldn't bear to watch it for more than 10-15 minutes.

Comment

quality of these games is so incredibly low. Surprises me every time I watch. Besides the odd young player (for PP it looks to be Vahdat and occasionally Abdi) the actual base level of the players on the field is scary advert for state of our domestic football
            Decades of neglect, corruption, favouritism in upper management has had its impact.

Couple that with sanctions which make the financial and development situation of teams even worse than I would be under normal circumstances and you get Segunda relegation contender level of quality from the best team in the league (PP).

This also speaks volumes to the low quality of West Asian club football, where an Iranian team is able to make a deep run almost every year. Despite all the money Khaleeji Arabs throw at their teams (expensive foreign coaches, facilities,etc...), Iranian clubs playing Brankoball circa 2006 can still put up a fight against them.

Comment

Did Kamal play CB today?

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                Decades of neglect, corruption, favouritism in upper management has had its impact.
                Couple that with sanctions which make the financial and development situation of teams even worse than I would be under normal circumstances and you get Segunda relegation contender level of quality from the best team in the league (PP).
                This also speaks volumes to the low quality of West Asian club football, where an Iranian team is able to make a deep run almost every year. Despite all the money Khaleeji Arabs throw at their teams (expensive foreign coaches, facilities,etc...), Iranian clubs playing Brankoball circa 2006 can still put up a fight against them.
                I honestly dont know how much lifting sanctions will do in terms of helping some of the stuff you see here. Stiff, old-ass, crappy players who struggle to even jog backwards for 2 seconds when curving a run (see Pakdel falling on his ass today, kiani backpass to akhbari who proceeded to hand the ball over to SS forward who missed open net). Its really like a bad comedy

If anything, the pressure of sanctions helped get a lot of players who otherwise would have been made way too excessive salary offers to europe much quicker, at least giving their careers a chance of success.

Comment

I honestly dont know how much lifting sanctions will do in terms of helping some of the stuff you see here. Stiff, old-ass, crappy players who struggle to even jog backwards for 2 seconds when curving a run (see Pakdel falling on his ass today, kiani backpass to akhbari who proceeded to hand the ball over to SS forward who missed open net). Its really like a bad comedy

If anything, the pressure of sanctions helped get a lot of players who otherwise would have been made way too excessive salary offers to europe much quicker, at least giving their careers a chance of success.
                  Might be naive thinking on my part, but I do think with more money flowing in the country, and being able to deal with international banking systems, it will attract more foreign investment and coaches to the league. Open the door for partnership, with South American and European clubs and their academies.
                  Of course short term nothing will change as what we are witnessing now is the result of almost two decades of neglect, but in the long term, opening of Iran's economy at least in theory should bring some improvements to the quality of the game.

Comment

Hosseinzadeh scored the only eses goal today

Comment

After a while I watched perspolis game, wow this team has been weakened for years now and the attack is so damn weak..reminds me of sohrab entezari or hadi norouzi time..

Also the defence is a joke as well as the keeper..almost all good players gave been sold..I guess the IR officials have established some sigheh hotels..

They are still fighting for championship shows how bad the league is

Comment

Daei's croatian assistant Zeljko Mijac at PP, Rah ahan, Saba, Saipa passed away at age of 68.
                        RIP.

Comment

I’ve been watching this league for nearly 2 decades. I can assure you it has gotten much better. Still semi-pro, but it’s not even comparable to the days where we didn’t even know the schedule 3 days in advance and the league would shut down for no reason.

Biggest issue with development is that street football is gone and our coaches are mostly super conservatives. It’s cyclical.
                          It’s why we never produce good cbs and mids and forwards all at the same time. It’s always one or the other.

Comment

I’ve been watching this league for nearly 2 decades. I can assure you it has gotten much better. Still semi-pro, but it’s not even comparable to the days where we didn’t even know the schedule 3 days in advance and the league would shut down for no reason.

Biggest issue with development is that street football is gone and our coaches are mostly super conservatives. It’s cyclical.
                            It’s why we never produce good cbs and mids and forwards all at the same time. It’s always one or the other.
                            The speed and transition has been the major factors and sometime is, hard to watch. I am against 2nd/3rd rated foreign coaches but the reality is we need some decent foreign coaches.
                            There are probably 3-4 half decent managers in the league.
                            Another main issue is the age, too many old and expired players still around, khalat, ghazi, shimba, kiani, gordan, and the list goes on and on.

Comment

Biggest issue with development is that street football is gone
                              Could you please elaborate moire on this point? You mean kids play less football on the streets these days?

Comment

Originally posted by ParthianDE View Post
                                Could you please elaborate moire on this point? You mean kids play less football on the streets these days?
                                Yap. In the major cities if you want to play you need to sign up for a club. There are some decent academies but a lot of them either don’t teach you much, or select favorites, or just want your money …

The kids who are poor, get less chances unless they’re really talented.

Fortunately we have some decent academies like Foolad, Sepahan, Paykan, Saipa and Kia.
                                We need much more.

Granted I don’t think the issue in Iran will ever be lack of talent - the true issue is lack of development and being behind tactically.

Comment

Working...
                                X