Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Qualifiers - Other Games Thread (AFC & beyond)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ that's CQ for you. He is extremely risk averse. His number one goal in every match is: DON'T BE SCORED ON! ... and then we need to find a way to win. His teams are usually not very good in come from behind situations and what Egypt did in the quarter finals of the Africa Cup of Nations is an anomaly when it comes to CQ's record.

Go TM!

Comment

https://youtu.be/yJiwIXd2X30
      Despite the 0-0 score, we bossed this match and should have won with Ashour in midfield. South Korean players couldn’t get close to him nor live with him all match. This is what Queiroz is missing.

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
        ^ that's CQ for you. He is extremely risk averse. His number one goal in every match is: DON'T BE SCORED ON! ... and then we need to find a way to win. His teams are usually not very good in come from behind situations and what Egypt did in the quarter finals of the Africa Cup of Nations is an anomaly when it comes to CQ's record.

Go TM!
        I understand being risk averse but there has to be balance to some extent. Having only 2 natural RBs also backfired big time. Our starter tore his ACL in the first 5 minutes against Nigeria and only backup was suspended for the final.

Comment

THIS IS REALY AWSOME SCENES!
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG7hzgm9g6s
          Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
            This guy is a good coach, hope he succeeds.
            Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
              This guy is a good coach, hope he succeeds.
              I want to see IFF arrange a friendly with Senegal. I think they were trying to once before 2018 WC.

Comment

I want to see IFF arrange a friendly with Senegal. I think they were trying to once before 2018 WC.
                I think we played them once in 2009. It was right after we lost to Saudi in Azadi and the game ended 1-1 if i remember correctly.
                If they qualify for the WC, why not?

I want us to primarily play friendlies against teams that qualifies for the WC.
                I believe they will take friendlies more seriously and put ur defence under a lot of pressure.
                Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Comment

That would be a good game to test us. Friendlies wont be arranged until after the draw is made anyway... we usually then try to face a team from the same confederation as a team we've been drawn against. First we have to know we're playing an African team, then we have a better chance of such a friendly being arranged if Senegal draw Saudi or Qatar

Comment

Originally posted by kastro View Post
                      It’s definitely something that needs to be fixed. FIFA rankings is not a true indication of quality so using that for seeding is what usually causes these scenarios. Happens in CAF all the time. I’m half Turkish, so definitely hoping we can sneak in.
                      Every team has this argument. The system can never be perfect. People will always find ways to game the system ahead of a WC main draw or draw for qualifying.

Comment

As I said in the other thread, we currently have a 1.5% chance of being pot 2 based on ranking, scroll to the bottom of this link

http://www.football-rankings.info/20...lations-5.html

So we should root for Fifa to make pots geographical now

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
                          Every team has this argument. The system can never be perfect. People will always find ways to game the system ahead of a WC main draw or draw for qualifying.
                          Yeah but it still remains greatly imbalanced. Take Iran’s group for example where the top two make it automatically to the World Cup. Besides Iran and South Korea, what competition is there? It’s basically a free ticket for the top 2.

Comment

A-League seeks visa-player spot for Asian, Middle Eastern players with 4+1 rule

https://www.reddit.com/r/Aleague/com..._asian_middle/

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Seems like CQ is dealing with the same issues at Egypt as he was in Iran....shame

Comment

UAE sacked their head coach Van Marvyk today

Comment

Working...
                                X