Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Qualifiers - Other Games Thread (AFC & beyond)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

egypt will play senegal
    matches in the row
    1 final
    2 wcq.

i think egypt fans take wc appearance
    ove wining the african cup
    since they hace so many.
    i hope egypt sweep andtake both
    but it will be difficult.
    SEEING CQ IN THE WC IS WORTH IT
    OVER AFRICAN CUP TROPHY.

Comment

we should make asian cup every 2 years as well.

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
        So colombia lost (as expected) and right now they have 1585.9 points. We have 1572.3, so a win against would give us 13.7 points (total = 1586). Would take us above Colombia and wales . IMO Colombia is pretty much out unless a miracle happens and they win 2 of their remaining games and peru doesn't get 3 points out of their remaning 3 games .

That pot 2 looks really really sexy right now. We have a great chance of making that pot 2, only if we beat south korea and lebanon.

Ofc there are other teams like peru and senegal that could possibly go above us if they win but they don't have that much of a chance to making it to WC. Peru will most likely lose to uruguay and go to third round playing against AUS/IRAQ/UAE.

Italy/Portugal - atleast one or even possibily 2 won't make it
        Sweden/Wales - really hard task to make it
        Uruguay/Colombia/Peru - atleast one or even possibily 2 won't make it

And final lets hope King Carlos Queiroz knocks out senegal from WCQ .

Ps : we need to be in top 15 teams in fifa ranking (that qualified for World cup )

E.g. WC 2018 Three teams (ranked #9 , 14, 15) from 1 to 18 didn't make it so that why Croatia ranked 18th was in pot 2
        If we beat SK and Lebanon, Peru cannot catch us. Even if they win both their matches

Comment

Originally posted by Payam_Ali View Post
          If we beat SK and Lebanon, Peru cannot catch us. Even if they win both their matches
          Yes I know bro, my comment was before their 3rd game against ecuador which they lost 4 points for drawing 1-1. if you read my comment again bro i've clearly written "peru doesn't get 3 points out of their remaning 3 games " . Deghat kon dadash

Good thing they got a draw and not a win.

Comment

Its appreciated with these updates so one knows what teams to cheer for. as for an example, now i know its extra good that egypt win vs senegal.

keep the updates coming its appreciated!
            Supporting Team Melli

Comment

^^^ just to update you bro . Things got complicated bro . Now uruguay+senegal+colombia must not make it. It doesn't matter if sweden or wales make it.

Long story short bro WE need to WIN against korea otherwise its all over. Anything less than a win, then points will be reducted from our fifa points.

So we must win 2 games and senegal + uruguay +Colombia not make it . (portugal/italy one won't make it)

Or if uruguay+colombia (very low chance) make it, then senegal + italy and portugal not making it .

People have missed this huge point :

There also another point people have missed is that European play-offs don't get any points for winning or losing. So if we beat South korea and lebanon we will have 1589.46 points, surpass Wales ( 1,578.01 ) and Sweden ( 1,588.26 ) .

Ps
              let say senegal make it: they can still rank below us if they
              A.) lose one game against egypt.
              B.) draw both games and win on penalties.

Both scenario will put them below us.

Comment

It's going to be a nail biter. But the only thing under TM's control is this: KEEP WINNING!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
                    egypt will play senegal
                    matches in the row
                    1 final
                    2 wcq.

i think egypt fans take wc appearance
                    ove wining the african cup
                    since they hace so many.
                    i hope egypt sweep andtake both
                    but it will be difficult.
                    SEEING CQ IN THE WC IS WORTH IT
                    OVER AFRICAN CUP TROPHY.
                    i'm so confused by egypt. they've won afcon more than any other african team, yet at the same time they can't seem to qualify for the WC with any consistency. whats that all about?

Also - seems a little unfair that african isn't awarded more spots at the wc

Comment

Originally posted by ramingeles2000 View Post

Asian teams are lot better than african teams bro. Even in WC asian teams perform better than african teams, also asian teams are ranked higher than african teams ( Iran , Japan , South korea , Australi etc..). So asia should get 1 more spot not Africa.

Btw the level of AFCON also showed how amatuer their football is. Great top class players but their teams play the most basic football you could find.

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                        ^^^ just to update you bro . Things got complicated bro . Now uruguay+senegal+colombia must not make it. It doesn't matter if sweden or wales make it.

Long story short bro WE need to WIN against korea otherwise its all over. Anything less than a win, then points will be reducted from our fifa points.

So we must win 2 games and senegal + uruguay +Colombia not make it . (portugal/italy one won't make it)

Or if uruguay+colombia (very low chance) make it, then senegal + italy and portugal not making it .

People have missed this huge point :

There also another point people have missed is that European play-offs don't get any points for winning or losing. So if we beat South korea and lebanon we will have 1589.46 points, surpass Wales ( 1,578.01 ) and Sweden ( 1,588.26 ) .

Ps
                        let say senegal make it: they can still rank below us if they
                        A.) lose one game against egypt.
                        B.) draw both games and win on penalties.

Both scenario will put them below us.
                        I see Colombia winning their next 2 games.
                        Key game will be Peru vs Paraguay. Hopefully Peru win that game.
                        Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by ramingeles2000 View Post
                          i'm so confused by egypt. they've won afcon more than any other african team, yet at the same time they can't seem to qualify for the WC with any consistency. whats that all about?

Because CAF don't send their best representatives due to the poor system in place. Why is Egypt playing Senegal? That means one of CAF strongest teams won't be there along with Ivory Coast.

Comment

CQ speaks after his sending off in the African Cup semifinals

https://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsAFCON/2021/459500.aspx

Egypt coach Querioz unloads on referee Gassama after AFCON semifinal against Cameroon

Egypt national team coach Carlos Queiroz slammed the performance of the Gambian referee Bakari Gassama, during arbitrating the Africa Cup of Nations semifinal match on Thursday against hosts Cameroon which the Pharaohs won on penalties.

The Portuguese coach revealed that Gassama went to Egypt’s locker room and threatened the technical staff ahead of the game, criticizing the Confederation of African Football 'for picking him for such an important game.'

"We hadn't started the game yet and he comes to the locker room to intimidate our staff. But even against this, against all the decisions, which were always against Egypt, we were the best team in the second half and on penalties,” Queiroz told reporters.

"Again, unfortunately, they send this type of referees to a game of this level, referees with no experience, wanting to put on a show... It started right in the dressing room."

The Pharaohs coach also criticized the way Gassama dealt with the technical staff during the game accusing him of 'injustice,' as the Gambian referee sent off Queiroz and booked assistant coach Wael Gomaa a yellow card.

“It was clear what the referee meant to see or not to see, acting like he is Superman, showing me the yellow card and threatening me, I have 44 years of football, almost 70 years old, who are those who come to yell at me and in the face of Wael Gomaa? Children screaming as if we started our journey yesterday,” Queiroz explained.

"We are working, so why do they threaten us with a finger in the face, who gives these strength? This is the point, write this, they have already fired my assistant (Roger de Sa), he was the victim of an assault by the president of the Moroccan Federation, there were witnesses, he insulted him in the tunnel leading to the locker rooms attacked him, and CAF’s decision was to stop him for 4 matches and nothing for the president of the Moroccan Federation,” the Portuguese coach told reporters.

“CAF does not respect Egypt, from the timing of the matches to the quality of the stadiums, we had the worst stadiums, we are Egypt! How can this referee stay in the African Cup of Nations after what he did? Who understands this? No? Nobody!” he concluded.

The Egyptian Football Association (EFA) has filed a complaint to CAF before Cameroon game for choosing Gassama to direct the game, but it didn’t go further, and also the EFA has requested from the CAF to postpone Egypt’s next game in the final against Senegal to be on Monday instead of Sunday because of the marathon games the Egyptians had during the last three games.

Comment

So because Egypt couldn't score and win in 90 min they want to get a longer break before facing Senegal???

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                              Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Ahly beating Monterrey right now with 11 first team players out. 😂

North American clubs are trash.

Comment

Working...
                                X