Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Qualifiers - Other Games Thread (AFC & beyond)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a qualifying game but Qatar are 2-0 down at half time to a very very average at best Ireland side.

Comment

The Saudis snatched a VERY Good coach in Herve Rener the Frenchmen who CQ beat with TM against his unbeaten Moroccan side! He’s doing wonders for Saudi Arabia! I believe IFF had him in their radar and I wish they would have brought him in vs WILMOTS! Herve is gonna do wonders for KSA….

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
        we are indeed.
        These other teams ended up being much crappier than anybody could have imagined.
        I mean Iraq went from being a potential banana skin to worst team in the group. UAE away game is already out of the way and they look set to keep dropping pts vs syria, lebanon, etc.
        Its time to test more variable lineups, incorporate players who have potential perform stronger in WC.
        I actually did. I said that 5 wins should be enough to qualify before this group began because I saw all the draws coming. It was obvious. Here is my previous post from august:

Originally posted by Preezy View Post
        Information about Iran’s opponents

Iraq
        Head coach: Dick Advocaat
        Appointed: 1 August 2021

Syria
        Head coach: Nizar Mahrous
        Appointed: 7 July 2021

Lebanon
        Head coach: Ivan Hašek
        Appointed: 15 July 2021

UAE
        Head coach: Bert van Marwijk
        Fired: 4 December 2019
        Rehired: 14 December 2020

Iraq, Syria and Lebanon have just got new coaches with no games played together.
        UAE didn’t have a coach a whole year since they fired and rehired the same coach.

Home Advantage

Syria and Iraq won’t have home games. Iran will have 5 home games plus two away games on neutral ground. This means that we only have 3 away games (Lebanon, UAE, South Korea).

Two teams qualify to the World Cup. Therefore, Iran can lose two games and still qualify.

We only need to win 1 away game (Lebanon) if we win our home/neutral games.

We won our group in round 2 with a single home game and that was against Cambodia. We have won 7 out of 7 games so far with Skocic.
        Now we have 7 games (out of 10) that won’t be away, against teams that barely had any time with their new coaches. Even UAE doesn’t have their ideal coach considering that they fired him and rehired him.
        Although wins against South Korea will be sweet, we don’t even need to think about their presence as long as we handle the Arab opponents.

Iran head to head vs Syria:
        16 wins, 11 draws, 1 loss (1973).

Iran head to head vs UAE:
        10 wins, 4 draws, 0 losses.

Iran head to head vs Lebanon:
        7 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss.

World Cup Qualifiers 2018

South Korea qualified to the World Cup in second place with 4 wins out of 10 games.

UAE, Iraq, Syria and Lebanon are all of similar quality. They will take points from each other and I believe that 5 wins should be enough to finish at least in third place.

Iran has qualified to the World Cup back to back. This time, our chances have never been better.

We will qualify.
        #BanNoorafkan

Comment

Qatar getting pummeled 4-0 by Ireland. We would have beat them for sure in Asian cup final. I hope for Asia’s sake they don’t embarrass our continent next year in World Cup…they are simply untalented. Almoez Ali has fallen off a cliff

Comment

Come on Scotland, seriously..

Comment

Originally posted by Ostad_Goosfand View Post
              Qatar getting pummeled 4-0 by Ireland. We would have beat them for sure in Asian cup final. I hope for Asia’s sake they don’t embarrass our continent next year in World Cup…they are simply untalented. Almoez Ali has fallen off a cliff
              LOL at players wearing qatari jerseys!!!!!!!!!!!
              I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Let’s not get too ahead of ourselves. These same horrible Arab teams put it all on the line against us.

Each must be taken seriously.

Comment

I believe Denmark has also qualified

Comment

Originally posted by fairplay View Post
                    I believe Denmark has also qualified
                    Correct.
                    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
                      The Saudis snatched a VERY Good coach in Herve Rener the Frenchmen who CQ beat with TM against his unbeaten Moroccan side! He’s doing wonders for Saudi Arabia! I believe IFF had him in their radar and I wish they would have brought him in vs WILMOTS! Herve is gonna do wonders for KSA….
                      well they have very good players as well.
                      that helps too

Comment

Yoooooooo guys look at UAE's denied Goal ??????????????????????? go to minute 2:30 ! how was that goal not allowed???? am i missing something? did someone foul ? how do they get this wrong???

edit: apparently the crossbar angle show different view and it wasn't a goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                          Let’s not get too ahead of ourselves. These same horrible Arab teams put it all on the line against us.

Each must be taken seriously.
                          Bro, this is a shitty group and all of the teams except Korea are in their worst shape.
                          I mean 16 points will most likely take us to Qatar. That is 6 points from our next 6 games. Send kia U15 lol
                          Problem is not now. It is in WC.

I can't stand another fcuking Vic in our bench in WC.
                          We need better coach. Get it done for return leg.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

UAE and Iraq tie was great news for us, now for us to seal our fate and deny Lebanon any points against us.
                            --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                            --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                            ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                            --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                            ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
                              Another CQ shaahkaar. People forget.
                              Yes alongside his back to back WC qualifications and great performances against world class teams , your point? If any coach loses a game they are favored to win, they automatically are bad coaches in your book?
                              --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                              --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                              ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                              --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                              ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
                                Yes alongside his back to back WC qualifications and great performances against world class teams , your point? If any coach loses a game they are favored to win, they automatically are bad coaches in your book?
                                Not to mention the loss to Lebanon and Uzbekistan came early in his tenure with TM. Iran was getting better and better under CQ. Practically the whole international media praised Iran at WC 2018 yet there are some who continue to believe that he was not any good.

Comment

Working...
                                X