Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Qualifiers - Other Games Thread (AFC & beyond)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Babak agha View Post
    I would say 1 great performance; Argentina,
    2 good/okay performances; Spain & Portugal
    2 average/below par performances; Nigeria, Morocco
    1 abysmal performance; Bosnia

Now as for his tactical abilities:
    1 tactically outstanding game; Argentina
    4 Park the bus hope for the best games; Spain, Portugal, Nigeria, Morocco
    1 I have no clue what to do game; Bosnia

All in all not something I'd say we should repeat.
    I agree with your rankings, they are more accurate than mine! And i also agree that all in all it is not something we should repeat!

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
      Basically all the stuff he had to say about Iran, when he parts ways with TM.

Comment

It's not a crime to be charming man. It's actually a really good trait to have, that most others don't have. However, it's also not a crime to try to look through that and not idolize someone because he's charming.

Comment

Egypt lodges formal complaint

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/60925012

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
          Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
            Would FIFA allow CR7 or Messi to be subjected to this before their PK? If not, then why should Salah?

Diz jan

Yek baazi ba Messi dar team mellie Argentina negaah kon va mibini ke dar Amrikaaye Jonoobi harif pa va zanoot raa khord mikone.
            DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Even with the complaint filed by Egypt, I highly doubt FIFA will take any serious action..

If anything, they'll fine the Senegal Federation and maybe fans from entering stadiums for a few games.

Comment

I did not know Ugandans celebrated Nowruz!

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post

I did not know Ugandans celebrated Nowruz!
                  Oh you didn't know?

Comment

Originally posted by Babak agha View Post
                    I would say 1 great performance; Argentina,
                    2 good/okay performances; Spain & Portugal
                    2 average/below par performances; Nigeria, Morocco
                    1 abysmal performance; Bosnia
                    Now as for his tactical abilities:
                    1 tactically outstanding game; Argentina
                    4 Park the bus hope for the best games; Spain, Portugal, Nigeria, Morocco
                    1 I have no clue what to do game; Bosnia
                    All in all not something I'd say we should repeat.
                    The Nigeria game was the worst performance ever by Tm and I believe any team at the world cup with the lowest number of passes. The only goal Tm scored in open play in 8 years and two world cups under CQ was the goal against Bosnia. Tm had 0 shots on net for at least half the time they played in the world cup under CQ. Add to that most embarrassing defeats against Japan, Iraq, Uzbekistan, Lebanon, Oman....Not to mention ties against the likes of Turkmenistan. Those who are still calling for CQ are truly 'unique'. I had said before, any coach will do better than CQ even Wilmots if given a chance and we are seeing that with Skocic. What kind of logic is it to replace Skocic with CQ? Logic has nothing to do with it. Any metric we use CQ has been an utter failure. Not only in Iran but everywhere else including UAE and the Chinese league. This is not even considering his lousy attitude and demeanor. He is a snake oil sales man and we do love our snake oil.

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
                      Basically all the stuff he had to say about Iran, when he parts ways with TM.
                      I think that's fair enough, he took them from an undisciplined team with a lot of division to a stable and united team which reached the AFCON final and a difficult playoff against the best team in Africa.... Losing both on penalties...

If I were him as well I would have a place in my heart for a team which I have helped re-forge.

But I do think he still has a special place for Team Melli, even after leaving he helped make a few phonecalls for some of our players to help with transfers to Liga NOS. Jahanbakhsh said he still was in touch with him every now and again. I have no doubt this crop of players would love to see him back

Comment

New Zealand vs Solomon Islands - OFC Final:

https://elevensports.com/en/view/eve...mh0ibvbdihfot6

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

New Zealand won 5-0.

Comment

Skocic and IFF should send him a thank you letter.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardalan View Post
                              Emaraat baraye man hich maali nist.

Va Kore ham yek nasle zaifi daare.

Az nazare hojoomi na changi darand na dandoon.
                              UAE looked better tactically and fundamentally under their Argentine manager Rodolfo Arruabarrena. He set them up well against South Korea using the pace of their players to quickly transition on the counter against them on the break. In my honest opinion, UAE deserved 3rd place as they were much better than Iraq, Syria, and Lebanon.

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
                                The Nigeria game was the worst performance ever by Tm and I believe any team at the world cup with the lowest number of passes. The only goal Tm scored in open play in 8 years and two world cups under CQ was the goal against Bosnia. Tm had 0 shots on net for at least half the time they played in the world cup under CQ. Add to that most embarrassing defeats against Japan, Iraq, Uzbekistan, Lebanon, Oman....Not to mention ties against the likes of Turkmenistan. Those who are still calling for CQ are truly 'unique'. I had said before, any coach will do better than CQ even Wilmots if given a chance and we are seeing that with Skocic. What kind of logic is it to replace Skocic with CQ? Logic has nothing to do with it. Any metric we use CQ has been an utter failure. Not only in Iran but everywhere else including UAE and the Chinese league. This is not even considering his lousy attitude and demeanor. He is a snake oil sales man and we do love our snake oil.
                                You could have simply said that you don't like his coaching style. I would have agreed with you.

However, calling his result in Iran as utter failure makes you look delusional or you are holding a grudge.

A snake oil salesman? I take it you believe you know more about coaching than Alex Ferguson, RM management, Portuguese Federation, and others. Perhaps you do!

Any coach will do better than CQ even Wilmots? Up to the date CQ left Iran, he was literally responsible for 2 out of 4 of our world cup qualifications. So either we had incompetent managers for 48 years who could not achieve the same, or you are simply blinded by your hatred for the man.

Whatever metric you want to believe in it will not change the fact that overall he has helped advance Iran's football. Since he left Iran job in 2019 we are more and less still relying on the same starting XI (there have been only 4-5 new names in the squad in 3 years, which couple of them are questionable choices). Compare our 2014 to 2018 squad you will notice more than 3/4 of the team changed, and that's among his accomplishments. He knows how to build a team (you can't argue that) - even the golden generation of Portugal is attributed to him.

Now here is the bad. He is a defensively minded coach. I personally didn't like it at first and hoped to see some attractive football. However, I came to the realization that our country is so behind in footballing infrastructure that expecting a tiki taka game is just unrealistic. That attractive attacking football that we all like will need minimum of 20 years of solid foundation building starting from proper football academy's, better pitches, unified coaching philosophy, and all the way to paying our coaches and players and not being threatened to be banned every few weeks for unpaid wages or our inhuman treatment of our female fans wanting to attend games .

That said, I strongly believe CQ chapter was ended in 2019 and that there is no reason to have him coach Iran again. I personally don't have faith in Skocic to lead the team against stronger opponents but given IFF incompetence and being 7 months away from the WC I don't see better alternatives.

Comment

Working...
                                X