Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Qualifiers - Other Games Thread (AFC & beyond)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very bad timewasting by Tunisia. All Arab teams are the same.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
      The flaw with this argument is in order to attack you cannot defend. In order to defend you cannot attack. Fact is you don't score you don't win. Cq and Egypt showed that today. I think we have the capability to do both but we need to focus on consistently developing at all positions. We have a bit of a gol kuchik mentality with our football and that's why we excel in Futsal and beach soccer. But this generation has shown we have capable attacking and defensive players. We just need to get more of the defenders in better leagues.

Japan 20 years ago was in our boat now. They are the only Asian side to figure this out. Total 90 min football from back to front and front to back. This starts at grassroots not at TM level.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
      Japan has a gov and a federation that cares for its people and for progress—it invests in its population . Big opposite of the ruling Islamic republic. It won’t be “figured” out ever with this type of regime. All these things are pipe dreams

Comment

Algerian fans throwing trash on the field after a goal is disallowed by VAR for handball

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
          In my estimation we had 1 really great performance under CQ against Argentina; 2 very solid performance (Portugal, Spain); 1 ok/average performance (Nigeria, Morocco) 1 bad performance (Bosnia).
          All are phenomenal for the pool of players we had compared to every single one of those sides. Morocco's team was spread at the highest level throughout Europe. Our best player has just signed for Bayer Leverkusen aged 27. In 2014 Bosnia had key players from Bayer, Lazio, Man City (worth 50 million at the time), Stuttgart, Roma, Schalke, Freiburg, and a keeper who was a premier league starter. This is a country who has a football infrastructure which isn't good at all....

We achieved so much more than we should have.

I don't understand why we haven't been realistic about TM's players and talent pool.... (in recent years)

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
            All are phenomenal for the pool of players we had compared to every single one of those sides. Morocco's team was spread at the highest level throughout Europe. Our best player has just signed for Bayer Leverkusen aged 27. In 2014 Bosnia had key players from Bayer, Lazio, Man City (worth 50 million at the time), Stuttgart, Roma, Schalke, Freiburg, and a keeper who was a premier league starter. This is a country who has a football infrastructure which isn't good at all....

We achieved so much more than we should have.

I don't understand why we haven't been realistic about TM's players and talent pool.... (in recent years)
            In WC 2018 Spain just fired its Coach days before the Tournament started. Both Spain and Portugal not only struggled with us but even more with morocco. When they progressed to the next stage, both Teams got eliminated by Teams that the supposed to beat (Russia & Uruguay). Of course we did a good job against these Teams, but i would argue that we could have done even better with a more balanced approach. Korea was not supposed to defeat the defending Champions Germany and they did it with 2-0! Japan was not supposed to make it to the quarter-finals but they did it and played a absolutely great game against Belgium. Talent wise neither Japan nor Korea (who had struggles to even qualify for the Tournament) where expected to perform the way they did.

I think we need to work on the mental side of the game. With the right confidence and experience we can cause some upsets in the upcoming WC. We have arguably the best Attack in Asia with Azmoun/Taremi/Jahanbakhsh/Ghoddus/Sayyadmanesh/Gholi. We need to find solutions in the Middlefield, maybe reconsidering Ebrahimi to replace Nouroll, even rethinking the Rezaian case as RB. I just don't think that Sko is the right man for these tasks. I could be wrong, time will tell.

Comment

Very professional grass rolling from Algeria, that’s what you get when you have a coach who managed in Qatar for some time
              Team Meli Iran
              Perspolis FC
              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Self belief is so important.

Our fans think criticism is making fun of our teams and saying things like argentina o porteghal soorakhemoon mikonan. Obviously we need to walk the walk, but should believe we can walk the walk.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                  Very professional grass rolling from Algeria, that’s what you get when you have a coach who managed in Qatar for some time
                  Algeria has been excellent though. They’re a very good team. Remind me a lot of Iran.

Comment

Algerian players grassrolling and getting into fights with Cameroonians to waste time now

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

shameful grassrolling by algeria. even the poor cameronian players are shocked.

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
                        In WC 2018 Spain just fired its Coach days before the Tournament started. Both Spain and Portugal not only struggled with us but even more with morocco. When they progressed to the next stage, both Teams got eliminated by Teams that the supposed to beat (Russia & Uruguay). Of course we did a good job against these Teams, but i would argue that we could have done even better with a more balanced approach.
                        I would respectfully disagree... I think we would have been slaughtered if we played any different style! I am still delighted with how we did in that world cup given the tools we had. I admire your optimism about the gifts of that squad though

Comment

two injury time goals!

One by Algeria (117th minute) and then Cameroon (123th minute)

Cameroon are through!
                          "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

algeria the better team but grassrolling at the end got them karma'd lmao

Comment

WOW!!!! Goal Cameroon in stoppage time of the 2nd over time!!!!

That’s what you call JUSTICE!!!!

Come on Cameroon get that W!!!!
                              Team Meli Iran
                              Perspolis FC
                              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Oh my goodness. Heartbreak for Algeria. Football is too cruel.
                                Cameroon did not deserve a win today.

Comment

Working...
                                X