Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Qualifiers - Other Games Thread (AFC & beyond)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maan CQ will win it all, and then get a pyramid built after him in Egypt.
    I suggest that we atleast build him a statue outside Azadi, for his service to our country..
    Either that or a statue of a megasized orange (portaghal) in his honour

Supporting Team Melli

Comment

USA vs Canada about to kick off….LETS GO USA!!!

I have become a fan of Canada’s NT but against USA I cannot root for them this time
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
        Maan CQ will win it all, and then get a pyramid built after him in Egypt.
        I suggest that we atleast build him a statue outside Azadi, for his service to our country..
        Either that or a statue of a megasized orange (portaghal) in his honour

Umm Egypt has won it 7 times before CQ…last being in 2010, and 2nd in 2017. This is expected of Egypt so yeh no statues for winning something they are used to winning

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
          Thank you for your advice, i have watched both games. The games against Ivory Coast Egypt had 5 clear chances, two of them were more or less "accidental" ( a semi shot-cross that become dangerous and a cross that was dangerously deflected from an Ivory Coast Player). Ivory Coast had the same amount of chances, arguably even better scoring chances.

If you look at the stats, you will also see that one can't speak of domination here. Ivory Coast had 55.3% possession and more shots on Target than Egypt. I am not saying that Ivory Coast was better, but Egypt def. didn't "dominate" them.

PS: same case with Egypt vs Morocco: Possession was 51-49% / shots on target 4-3/ shots off target 5-11! No domination here either.
          Thank you for the stats, but as always, stats doesn’t speak the whole truth.
          Going by stats Egypt also had 21 shots compared to 13 for Ivory Coast.

Watching both games it was quite clear Egypt was the team going forward and trying to score.
          Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Beautiful goal by Larin, he and David up top can be one of the top striker duo’s in the WC….after Sardar and Mehdi of course
            Team Meli Iran
            Perspolis FC
            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Cyle Larin again SHEEEESH

Comment

Decent quarter final this. Senegal have a strong team but have switched off.

Wouldn’t be surprised if the qualifier between Egypt and Senegal is 0-0 after 90 mins.

Also Egypt will beat Cameroon, Cameroon lucked out with their last two games with who they got to face. Egypt will be more up to pace due to having to play to a higher standard against Morocco and Ivory Coast.

Comment

I hope we get the USA in our group. They’re easily the most overrated team in world football

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceAli View Post
                    I hope we get the USA in our group. They’re easily the most overrated team in world football
                    Yeah I agree, I want USA also for that reason. It’s a shame though bc the only reason they are overrated is bc they have a clueless coach. Their talent/player selection especially considering their age is amazing, that cannot be debated.
                    Team Meli Iran
                    Perspolis FC
                    Malavan Bandar Anzali

Comment

Milan Borjan again...

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Borjan with another incredible save….this guy is a freaking wall.

The saves he made vs Honduras and that one just now was nothing short of world class.
                        Team Meli Iran
                        Perspolis FC
                        Malavan Bandar Anzali

Comment

Guys if this result holds what do you think are the chance that USA doesn't make the world cup?

I'm just thinking about Pot 2

Can we make a hashtag #canwemakepot2

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
                            Thank you for the stats, but as always, stats doesn’t speak the whole truth.
                            Going by stats Egypt also had 21 shots compared to 13 for Ivory Coast.

Watching both games it was quite clear Egypt was the team going forward and trying to score.
                            I didn't say otherwise, although in the case with Ivory Coast i would argue that it was pretty even, but i had problem with labeling their performance with "dominating".

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
                              I didn't say otherwise, although in the case with Ivory Coast i would argue that it was pretty even, but i had problem with labeling their performance with "dominating".
                              Well let’s just agree to disagree.
                              Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                                Guys if this result holds what do you think are the chance that USA doesn't make the world cup?

I'm just thinking about Pot 2

Can we make a hashtag #canwemakepot2
                                USA still probably makes it. Top 3 directly qualify and 4th place goes into intercontinental playoff against Oceania. It would be a major shock if they don’t qualify this time

Canada is looking like they’ll qualify at the top of the group

Comment

Working...
                                X