2022 AFC U-23 Asian Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
    There is a clear drop-off in quality when the starters went out. Iraqis threatening.

The Iraqi ref seems to be blowing everything in Iraq's favour now.
    yeah subs were not on level of starters as expected. Still good experience for those subs who hardly get any competitive mins at their clubs (guys like Bavieh esp).

Javad seemed to struggle with fitness as half went on, he is probably least used to this weather out of all of them. Still his physical presence was good esp when his energy was high. It was important for them to experience pressure of iraqi fans and holding onto a lead late on. They defended the set pieces well.

Yousefi was promising tonight and in absence of likes of Delfi, Hosseinzadeh he may be close to securing starting birth. Also the GK parsa was quite calm and solid throughout.

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
      we worked on this for a couple months. Think it came together well. The top 5 guys in particular will improve the quality of TM in the near future should they continue current path of development, all have very good chance to succeed in Europe.

Comment

Rostami on the bench

Comment

Highlights anywhere?

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post

Day of Remembrance
            Indeed a great day. achieved mainly due to bravery of Iran's army (despite what the fat, useless thieves of IRGC claim).

I went to Khoramshahr (my birth place) and Abadan some years ago and there are areas that look like are still in the throes of the war!! Neglected, poor, under developed and decrepit.
            after 3+ decades!

and yet, the regime sends millions and billions to syria, lebanon, iraq, africa and even south america to build modern housing, schools, hospitals, water treatment plants, power plants, dams, .... etc.
            THIS is the nature of this regime!

Comment

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

For all this talk of Iraq's new stadiums and whatnot, that pitch looks like shit

Comment

Decent list of top prospect but i don't put Delfi there.
                  I highly doubt he ever take his game to the next level which is ok.
                  Not all young stars deliver at senior level. And the other way is also true
                  It is pretty much in every sport.
                  As example of hockey you see kids killing it in junior but fail to make to nhl or having a very minor role in league but some less talented/flashy kids find their way up.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice quality highlights with Arabic commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
                      For all this talk of Iraq's new stadiums and whatnot, that pitch looks like shit
                      Like many things in Iraq, the Turks take the money and then Iran probably gets the blame.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                        Decent list of top prospect but i don't put Delfi there.
                        I highly doubt he ever take his game to the next level which is ok.
                        Not all young stars deliver at senior level. And the other way is also true
                        It is pretty much in every sport.
                        As example of hockey you see kids killing it in junior but fail to make to nhl or having a very minor role in league but some less talented/flashy kids find their way up.
                        I guess ranking his place could be lower but hard to argue that hes not in the top 10. Consider in one season with crappy, relegated SS Khuzestan he managed 7 goals which is a very healthy return. Hosseinzadeh for league champs this year has 8 goals, he is rightfully labelled as one of our best talents. Delfi has shown flashes in europe as well, the first months in belgium, earlier this season in croatia, but he really has struggled with consistency and fitness/injuries. HE certainly needs a reset and consistent minutes to get back on track.

I think SS would be smart to get a good transfer fee for Hosseinzadeh to europe (best for his progression too), and then pick up Delfi as a replacement on a free transfer. It would be a good environment for him to find form again. Saeid Sadeghi would be another good replacement option, and getting both would increase their depth up front.

Comment

Will Hosseinzadeh, Allahyar and defi join U23 for this competition?

Comment

Will Hosseinzadeh, Allahyar and defi join U23 for this competition?
                            I dont think so given this competition will not function as Olympic Qualification (also Allahyar and Hosseinzadeh will be with senior TM)

The next one in 2024 few months prior to olympics will serve as olympic qualification (semifinalists will all qualify).

For that competition there is a strong chance all 3 will join, given its importance.

It is good for the team to develop depth in those offensive positions and give other guys a chance to show themselves (like today Yousefi). Having said that, it is clear that with those 3 this team is on a different level in terms of quality and high level experience. Today they could easily have scored 2-3 more goals given their dominance in mid zone for long stretches and good building out of the back. They missed the kind of chances delfi, Allahyar, Hosseinzadeh would miss at u17 WC or in Estili's failed u20 team - since then all have developed into much more clinical players who do not waste good openings so easily.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                              I dont think so given this competition will not function as Olympic Qualification (also Allahyar and Hosseinzadeh will be with senior TM)

The next one in 2024 few months prior to olympics will serve as olympic qualification (semifinalists will all qualify).

For that competition there is a strong chance all 3 will join, given its importance.
                              Wonder how many of these kids are eligible for next year qualifier and hopefully eventually Olympics?

Comment

Wonder how many of these kids are eligible for next year qualifier and hopefully eventually Olympics?

All except for one (one of the goalies).
                                Mahdavikia wants to use the U21 team so they are the right age in 2 years for hte Olympics.

Comment

Working...
                                X