X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Qatar 2 - 2 Turkenistan FT

Iran U23 out of Asian Cup.

Comment

Uzbeks have figured out they need to slow the game down. The more the ball runs, the more advantageous it is to TM Omid.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
        Sadeghi is number 9? If so I have not been impressed with him, makes the wrong call a lot in this half.
        Yeah, he goes for the glory oftentimes. When players put their heads down - that's usually not a good sign.
        "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
          Qatar 2 - 2 Turkenistan FT

Iran U23 out of Asian Cup.
          christ what a choke by our boys. but seriously, shame on Qatar lol

Comment

Amirali Sadeghi with some poor deliveries straight into the keeper's hand.

Gives the ball away cheaply. I know he may be Esteghlal's best prospect, but please don't invite or play him Kia.
            "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

After taking out Yasin Salmani and Arya Yousefi, Iran have took their foot off the pedal. Uzbekistan's have slowed it down.

Iran hits the post!

Comment

TM with a missed header that would have won the game!

Comment

Amirali hits the post.

What a shame. We'd still have been out, but we have a lot of potential in these boys.
                  Defensively we need a lot more shape, but I think the team is not as bad as the results have shown.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                    Amirali hits the post.

What a shame. We'd still have been out, but we have a lot of potential in these boys.
                    Defensively we need a lot more shape, but I think the team is not as bad as the results have shown.
                    turkmenistan. game wasa. farce. look at the stats, and red card. shame

Comment

if we just drew turkeminstan, we would be through. it is honestly disgusting how bad our youth teams are. we get knocked. out early in every damn tournament

Comment

Hope this servers the boys as a lesson and helps them all for the future.

My heart is getting a warm up for how the WC is gonna be for us.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Comment

It was a good experience for them. The important thing was that they showed improvement and some character.

I thought defensively the 1v1 play was a lot better in this game. The issues came on counters but still many occasions the boys stood up the dangerous uzbek attackers very well. Milad Kor for his young age was really impressive.

In midfield Yasin and Khodabandelou showed good moments, but need the complimentary piece of another strong CDM (Hamedifar of SNA if fit would have been that guy).

Up front is where a lot of work is needed. Kia mentioned even after first match that is the team's biggest weakness. Sadeghi shows glimpses but his decision making is horrible. Arya Yousefi is much more promising. For his age and experience I thought yadegar did well, he will get better with more euro experience in poland. Shahriary who was suspended today was a bright spark and talent for the future. They really need to find a respectable CF option considering Allahyar will probably not be available to them until the qualifiers themselves, if even that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ostad_Goosfand View Post
                            if we just drew turkeminstan, we would be through. it is honestly disgusting how bad our youth teams are. we get knocked. out early in every damn tournament

Ostad, you're expecting too much.
                            THis team mostly has had some random camps where they played friendlies against clubs, and finally played 2 international friendlies, a week before the tournament.
                            It's also an U-21 team.

If they had more experience they wouldn't have made the kind of mistakes they made versus Qatar and especially Turkmenistan (very dumb red card).
                            They will be better for Asian games, and hopefully much better by the Olympic qualifiers.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                              Ostad, you're expecting too much.
                              THis team mostly has had some random camps where they played friendlies against clubs, and finally played 2 international friendlies, a week before the tournament.
                              It's also an U-21 team.

If they had more experience they wouldn't have made the kind of mistakes they made versus Qatar and especially Turkmenistan (very dumb red card).
                              They will be better for Asian games, and hopefully much better by the Olympic qualifiers.
                              i get that but looking back last 3-4 u23 tournaments we either dont qualify or make out of the group stages. if uzbek, turkmen, qatar were actually 2 years older than our players, then ok i give some respect

Comment

Originally posted by Ostad_Goosfand View Post
                                i get that but looking back last 3-4 u23 tournaments we either dont qualify or make out of the group stages. if uzbek, turkmen, qatar were actually 2 years older than our players, then ok i give some respect
                                Look at how we approcehd all those tournaments. Minimal prep with a few practices just a few weeks before the tournament.

Comment

Working...
                                X