Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t think zenit will agree to sell in January.

A deep EL run is more financially profitable to them, and better for their image than netting a measly 3-4 mil fee.

If he has indeed agreed to a pre contract, which I still have certain doubts over given how bad lyon are doing, I guess we could assume no other team pushed hard for his signature at this stage. Given wc is in November he probably also thinks he cannot afford to go somewhere and be on the bench, not in top form in the lead up to that.

Comment

If this really happens, that’s so underwhelming. Big LOL to the posters who were celebrating that the Leverkusen move fell through (looking at you CBT)

Lyon is 13th in the league right now. Though they’re only 5 points behind 4th, with a game in hand. Would be nice if they can turn it up a notch and reach 3rd to get into UCL qualifiers. If Azmoun is truly gonna go there, hopefully it’s at least in January rather than June so he can help get them to UCL

Comment

Underwhelming is right, but the Lyon team is a strong one, if underperforming. And France is a Top 5 League, in front of Portugal nowadays.

I sense that Sardar's experience in St. Petersburg has taught him that its better to be a big fish in a small pond, than a small fish in a big pond. Lyon is certainly a big fish in France.

My biggest fear here is that Lyon continues to disappoint, doesn't make European competition, and Sardar signs a contract with them with a coaching change potentially on the horizon and no sense of the future then.

Comment

Super depressing move, Ligue 1 isn’t even a top 4 league in EU and Lyon is 13th in the league. The Bosz guy who wanted Azmoun to come can be sacked anytime soon, I can’t see how this is a good move!

Comment

Keep in mind fabrizio made similar claim quoting secondary source about leverkusen and that fell through so...they are for sure in advanced negotiations but a done deal may not be the case yet.

Comment

Shit move. Zenit can beat Lyon

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Extremely underwhelming transfer. It reminds me of the day he returned to Rubin after a successful spell at Rostov.

Comment

It could be a rumor also to make other bigger teams interested

Comment

French league 9 out of 10 times is now in PSG favor.
                    Clubs such as Marseille, Monaco, Rennes improved alot and are ahead of Lyon while Lyon is not even shadow of themselve and the contender club they used to be in early 2000.

Comment

It’s obvious that in the last few years as fans we have been hyping chances of Sardar joining a top club in a top European league, but time and time again we have been proven that there’s been a lot of hype and hot air and no substantial and categorical interest.

I personally welcome this move (if indeed true). Sardar has far better chance of a transfer to a bigger club in France, Italy, Spain or EPL through playing for Lyon than he would have had continuing to earn his trade in the Russian league!
                      sigpic
                      Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

This is one move I hope Zenit blows up. He deserves much more.

Comment

Originally posted by The Realist View Post
                          It’s obvious that in the last few years as fans we have been hyping chances of Sardar joining a top club in a top European league, but time and time again we have been proven that there’s been a lot of hype and hot air and no substantial and categorical interest.

I personally welcome this move (if indeed true). Sardar has far better chance of a transfer to a bigger club in France, Italy, Spain or EPL through playing for Lyon than he would have had continuing to earn his trade in the Russian league!
                          He is 27 soon, a season or two in Lyon, no half decent team get involved with close to 30 years old asian striker on multiple years deal.
                          Lets be realist

Comment

Bere Watford ya Southampton ham behtare ta bere Lyon va lige Faranse.

Ey goooz be in shanse ma. Omidvaram akhare sar bezane ziresh.
                            DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Over 5 years or so people waiting for half decent move for him. Anything less than top 4-5 team in top 4 leagues will be dissapointing tbh.

Comment

I honestly am fine with the transfer. Even if Bosz gets sacked he's such high quality that any manager would be salivating to have im as an option up front.
                                He's going to a reputable club in a better league than russia, playing somewhere he will get plenty of scoring opportunities. Crap defenses in Ligue 1 means he'll likely bag double digits his first season there, turn some heads of truly top 10 clubs, and get a fat transfer.

The only thing im not happy about is 4 year contract.

Comment

Working...
                                X