Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With talks of Richarlison leaving also (his agent is Kia) Everton will want to reinforce up front. I hate Everton though and they are perennial chokers , he would play great up front with DCL though.

Comment

Guys please don't even mention Everton

Everton isn't even favored to beat Brighton. Brighton would legitimately be a better option than Everton

Comment

Azmoun won’t go to Everton. No opportunity for Moshiri to launder money.

Comment

It will be Lyon (OL boss confirmed they are pushing and spoke about extra EU quota that changed this season) or Zenit

Comment

I honestly don't get why Liverpool dont go for him.

Whenever I see them they are crying out for a CF to provide different dimension, specially late in games like this one against chelsea. They are pressing for the win, chelsea letting them have the wide areas and sitting deep, sending lot of good balls into the box. But there is nobody to really attack those balls properly. Firmino isnt that guy, and seems when the defense is packed like this he often isnt even creating a lot of space for mane/salah.

They need another option to mix it up. They had interest in him before, and now they are financially unable to sign a CF for very big money, hed fit their age+price profile really well.

Oh well...

Comment

PER LEQUIPE....

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actu...sbourg/1281289

"OL agree with Sardar Azmoun and almost OK with Zénith Saint-Petersburg"

Lyon leaders have a contractual agreement with the Iranian striker, who wants to join Peter Bosz's team. The two clubs are very close to agreeing on a compensation of € 15 million, excluding bonus

In the absence of being able to count on André Onana, Peter Bosz will perhaps see his second priority of the summer arrive in the coming days . The Dutch technician is absolutely keen to recruit Sardar Azmoun, the Zenith Saint Petersburg striker, as L'Equipe revealed on August 9 .

He also had the Iranian international on the phone several times this summer to convince him to join OL. And the 25-year-old, whom Bosz already wanted to recruit from Leverkusen, was convinced. At the end of the contract in a year in Russia, Azmoun has rejected all offers to extend the Zenith, which must therefore sell it before September 1 and the end of the transfer window if he wishes to draw a transfer fee from it.

The Zenith will first have to find a replacement
              OL are trying to take advantage of this and have been negotiating hard for weeks on this issue. The Russian leaders initially claimed 25 M €, a sum inaccessible for the finances of Lyon. But Vincent Ponsot, OL's football director, is in the process of securing an agreement around compensation estimated at around € 15 million, excluding bonuses.

The player has agreed for several days with OL on a long-term contract, probably for five years. His arrival nevertheless remains complex to finalize because the Zenith has set a sine qua non for the transfer: the Russian club must first find a replacement in Azmoun. The leaders, who primarily targeted Matheus Cunha of Hertha Berlin (finally at Atlético de Madrid), are now trying to convince Vinicius, but are also looking at Andrea Belotti and Gaëtan Laborde.

If the Zenith manages to find an alternative solution this weekend, Azmoun could pass his medical examination on Monday, according to his entourage, on the eve of the closing of the transfer window, before joining his national team. The Iranian (55 caps, 37 goals) would come to occupy the place of extra community left vacant by Jean Lucas, sold to Monaco this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                PER LEQUIPE....

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actu...sbourg/1281289

"OL agree with Sardar Azmoun and almost OK with Zénith Saint-Petersburg"

SNIP

The player has agreed for several days with OL on a long-term contract, probably for five years.

SNIP
                Five years. Not sure how I feel about that combined with the IMO way undervalued sum of 15M plus bonuses...

Comment

so as we can see, he has rejected all offers from zenit. Lequipe is very solid source, one of most credible around, and seems their contacts are azmouns camp.

That in itself is a very big positive imo. Clearly the guy wants out and has wanted out.

Bosz has been convincing him all summer, shows how much they want him. I guess it dragged to now as negotiation tactic from lyon to bring price down.

pretty funny they wouldnt agree to sell to leverkusen for 14+4 (or 16+2) and now might do the transfter for a very similar 15mil guaranteed plus probably 3-5mio in add ons. Maybe just 1-2mio difference.

Comment

Originally posted by ParthianDE View Post
                    Five years. Not sure how I feel about that combined with the IMO way undervalued sum of 15M plus bonuses...
                    Id guess there is probably reasonable Release clause as well. Ultimately OL want to make a clean profit like they always seek to do, say he plays well for next 1.5 years and then has a solid WC, would be theoretically a peak time time to sell.

Comment

I honestly don't get why Liverpool dont go for him.

Whenever I see them they are crying out for a CF to provide different dimension, specially late in games like this one against chelsea. They are pressing for the win, chelsea letting them have the wide areas and sitting deep, sending lot of good balls into the box. But there is nobody to really attack those balls properly. Firmino isnt that guy, and seems when the defense is packed like this he often isnt even creating a lot of space for mane/salah.

They need another option to mix it up. They had interest in him before, and now they are financially unable to sign a CF for very big money, hed fit their age+price profile really well.

Oh well...
                      Klopp used to be a big fan of his and probably still is fond of his game .... however i think the last time he sent some feeler for Azmoun's services, he wanted him more as a bench player to work himself slowly into his starting line.... and Sardar told them that he wasnt keen on such a proposition and only wanted to transfer to a team who was gonna be counting on him as a starter ...!! i think hence Klop got bit put off by Sardar's comments and he hasnt shown much interest for his services since and probably went on to acquire that Japanese minamino dude just to to make a point on that front..?? lol

probably the biggest reason Sardar even entertaining a Lyon move is because of the intense interest from their coach..!! he is done his bs developmental stage and wants to go to a club where he is counted on as a bonified starter ..!!

Comment

Id guess there is probably reasonable Release clause as well. Ultimately OL want to make a clean profit like they always seek to do, say he plays well for next 1.5 years and then has a solid WC, would be theoretically a peak time time to sell.
                        I really hope he has good advisors!

He must know he is getting low-balled for no other reason than being Iranian and playing in Russia.

His qualities are so obvious. He basically plays great no matter who the opponent is. Russian leage opponents, Asian WCQ opponents, champions leage (against Bayern even playing for the supposedly "lowly" Russian champions.) It doesn#t maztter to him. He plays his game and scores and scores.

Reasonable release clause and hefty percentage of future transfer fees (as Taremi aparently negotiated with Rio Ave (and maybe Porto?) would very much be a smart move for Azmnoun.

Comment

Sardar to OL confirmed: https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/1431...523592193?s=20

L'Equipe: https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actu...sbourg/1281289

Comment

Not quite confirmed but appears to be close

Comment

Originally posted by LocalSkeptic View Post
                              It's not confirmed yet!

Quote: "Breaking | Lyon have agreed personal terms with Sardar Azmoun." and are closing in on a €15m deal, excluding bonuses, with Zenit St. Petersburg according to L’Équipe

THis means Sardar has agreed to his terms, but Zenit has not yet. Really no different than what happened with Leverkusen and others before.

Comment

not confirmed yet it just says it's close...Compared to OL I would have very much preferred him to stay in Russia with Zenith...for his caliber OL is not even a lateral move. I mean coming from CL and 4 secured games against Juventus and Chelsea to OL and Euro league plus an OL which is struggling right at the beginning of the season! very disappointing [emoji20]

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X