Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if he is an option for Man Utd. with Ralf Rangnick taking over and his ties to Russian football.

Comment

Originally posted by Sholehzard View Post
      I wonder if he is an option for Man Utd. with Ralf Rangnick taking over and his ties to Russian football.
      United has Ronaldo, cavani, rashford greenwood, sancho. I don't think there is space for him

Comment

Originally posted by ImmortalPassion View Post
        The Iranian part I take back, didn't use the correct words for it.

But the part about Liverpool and other high level teams I stand by the statement 100%. Sardar is not at the level to play nor thrive in such environment. He is not as good as you think he is, first touch is usually off, he misses more often that a top striker should etc. However the main issue is not technical, it is cultural and of basic human nature. Iranians mentality is very different than Western Europeans. Thus most Iranian players who go there do not succeed. Players like Azizi, Bagheri, Daei, Teymourian, Ali Karimi, all gifted players who did amazing in TM, but neither could foster their talents in the new environment. The thing is most people here just forsake a very important factor, a player is a human after all, and immigration is a very hard process for most humans especially when there is a cultural divide. So moving from one country to another is so daunting and challenging, hence the mental health issues which can develop.

So better way to generalize is Iranians are sentimental and they let their pride blind their judgment, thus not learning from past mistakes.
        For every player you listed that didn’t thrive in Western Europe there’s a list of the few of those who did: Hashemian, Mahdavikia, Nekonaum…[emoji2371]

Comment

Originally posted by Lapayee View Post
          Why not Liverpool? Firminio needs a replacement, they need a target man, a great coach, a great team and they don't go for big money transfers. Azmoun has shown, repeatedly, that he can score against big teams with great defenders...
          Come on Liverpool.....
          The reason is that he's not the same type of player as Firmino and the type of player he is doesn't fit Liverpool's system or style of play.

Firmino is a false 9 at Liverpool, often dropping deep to receive the ball, draw defenders out of position and feed Mane or Salah - there are plenty of good videos on YouTube about this but I saw an excellent break down on Twitter about 2 years ago, wish I knew where to find it to share. Anyway, Firmino's position and role in the team is why he isn't a prolific goalscorer as the teams "central striker" but has been so instrumental in the last few seasons.

Since the pandemic his form and output has dipped a bit and he's had injuries but luckily Jota has been a perfect signing for them and filled his void. They don't need or probably want Sardar but also he doesn't fit into their system or offer much of an upgrade on Origi who is their only true striker comparable to Azmoun. He's a club legend and knows the system / has big impact for them off the bench.

If you look at the Marca article I shared, it claims in the data that Sardar is not known for his build up of play but rather being in and around the box feeding off of through balls and crosses. This is fair to say for anyone that regularly watches his games for Zenit but to back it up, here's a really good article about his play which includes his average heat map which backs up this point https://breakingthelines.com/player-...sardar-azmoun/

Sardar needs to go to a club in an elite league, ideally playing European competition, where he is a first choice striker playing in a formation and style of play that suits his game rather than requiring him to adapt. All of this is what we'd want from him, whereas he and his agent will also inevitably looking for a payday which might bring up clubs we'd turn our nose up at. There aren't a lot of clubs that meet all of those requirements that will need or want him but the fact he will be free this summer might give him a good chance to appeal to a lot of clubs. Again, I'd be shocked if Zenit let him go for less than he's worth in January but he may sign a pre contract agreement in the next month. The next 5 or 6 weeks should be interesting, with the Russian winter break meaning he's free to roam, expect to see pictures of him in Italy/England/France etc

Comment

Originally posted by Dortmund View Post
            He could've gone to Wolves 2 years ago. Now that they've declined and Azmoun's gotten better, he should aim higher
            They are 8th in Premier League.

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
              The reason is that he's not the same type of player as Firmino and the type of player he is doesn't fit Liverpool's system or style of play.
              Firmino is a false 9 at Liverpool, often dropping deep to receive the ball, draw defenders out of position and feed Mane or Salah - there are plenty of good videos on YouTube about this but I saw an excellent break down on Twitter about 2 years ago, wish I knew where to find it to share. Anyway, Firmino's position and role in the team is why he isn't a prolific goalscorer as the teams "central striker" but has been so instrumental in the last few seasons.
              Since the pandemic his form and output has dipped a bit and he's had injuries but luckily Jota has been a perfect signing for them and filled his void. They don't need or probably want Sardar but also he doesn't fit into their system or offer much of an upgrade on Origi who is their only true striker comparable to Azmoun. He's a club legend and knows the system / has big impact for them off the bench.
              If you look at the Marca article I shared, it claims in the data that Sardar is not known for his build up of play but rather being in and around the box feeding off of through balls and crosses. This is fair to say for anyone that regularly watches his games for Zenit but to back it up, here's a really good article about his play which includes his average heat map which backs up this point https://breakingthelines.com/player-...sardar-azmoun/
              Sardar needs to go to a club in an elite league, ideally playing European competition, where he is a first choice striker playing in a formation and style of play that suits his game rather than requiring him to adapt. All of this is what we'd want from him, whereas he and his agent will also inevitably looking for a payday which might bring up clubs we'd turn our nose up at. There aren't a lot of clubs that meet all of those requirements that will need or want him but the fact he will be free this summer might give him a good chance to appeal to a lot of clubs. Again, I'd be shocked if Zenit let him go for less than he's worth in January but he may sign a pre contract agreement in the next month. The next 5 or 6 weeks should be interesting, with the Russian winter break meaning he's free to roam, expect to see pictures of him in Italy/England/France etc
              Agree, someone like Taremi would suit Liverpool but not Azmoun. I believe a team like Tottenham or Arsenal would suit Azmoun perfectly👌

Comment

Azmoun would be a cult hero at Newcastle and would fit them perfectly, were it not for their ownership...

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                  Azmoun would be a cult hero at Newcastle and would fit them perfectly, were it not for their ownership...
                  I mean if he wanted to play in the championship, there are better places to live than Newcastle.

Comment

https://onefootball.com/it/notizie/r...-oggi-34281095

italian sources report that roma and napoli are still very interested and that despite verbal agreement with lyon nothing is signed or official yet...

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
                      Your points are well-made and he may not be a striker that Liverpool needs or wants. However, I still think he's earned a spot in and can provide the goods in a top team including Liverpool. His aerial abilities along with the crosses from the two outstanding full backs that Liverpool has can combine to be a deadly weapon. Also, a good coach and one as good as Klopp can shape his game to better suit the teams needs. Look what he's done for Salah, a very good player indeed to begin with, but Klopp has made him into a world class star. Wishful thinking on my part for him to be recruited by a top team, yes, maybe, but I wouldn't rule it out.
                      "Evil is rare, but ignorance is epidemic"

Comment

Zenit retweeting GolBezan!

Comment

Guess who? (Sardar and Rex)

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6ElafE0Owg

https://www.skrill.com/en/skrill-new...demand-players

3. Sardar Azmoun

Zenit St Petersburg's Iranian striker was one step away from joining Bayer Leverkusen and AS Roma last summer. He will still be a big name for the January transfer market because his contract expires in June 2022.

Olympique Lyonnais have already reached an agreement with Azmoun for a free agent transfer, but will soon make an offer to Zenit to buy Sardar in January, anticipating the deal.

Comment

https://www.sport-express.ru/footbal...279/?text_link

RPL player of the year for 2021 (from main Russian sport newspaper sportExpress)

Comment

SkySports reporting on Newcastle transfer targets - “ Strikers are on the radar too and they have been looking at Sardar Azmoun, the Zenit St Petersburg forward who scored against Chelsea in the Champions League earlier this month.”

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...orter-notebook

I think by the end of this season he may possibly have been linked with nearly every team in the Premier League over his career.

Comment

Working...
                                X